Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Whimsy Stamps Blog Hop with Watercolor Video + prize!!!

Hello friends!!
So excited to be sharing with you today as I have several things going on!  First, there is a blog hop going on!  Today is the FIRST day of three total days of a fun blog hop where you could win a prize!!  So BE SURE to participate EVERY day with this blog hop for your chance to win!!  ALL details can be found on the
Whimsy Stamps Blog!!
(Check it out and sign up for updates while you're there!)
So....let's get started and have some FUN!!


Welcome to Day 1 of our ...
September Rubber Stamp and Die Release

Over the next 2 days we will showcase 19*BRAND NEW* red rubber stamps/stamp sets, 3 new Clearly Whimsy clear sets, and 3 Shapeology Die Sets. All of these new products are available to buy from the Whimsy Stamps store and from selected Whimsy Stamps retailers.
Our design team members have been working hard on their creations featuring these new goodies. We hope you will hop along with us for a chance to win a Whimsy Gift Voucher. Each day (including today), and for the next 2 days, we will have a new blog hop, showcasing more of the new release items along with a new chance to win.  
**(See details about the prize at the bottom of this post!)**
---------------------------------------------------------

So for the creation I made today, I've used one of the brand new images from the new release called "Sabrina the Witch" designed by Elisabeth Bell (Little Cottage Cuties Collection)
Having so much fun, I've pulled out a couple of different watercolor media to make a fun "Spooky Sky" background as well as using the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to color this adorable witch!

Here is what "Sabrina the Witch" looks like:
I think she's totally adorable! :)  I've got her black embossed on a piece of Strathemore Bristol Smooth Watercolor Paper.  For some reason, I think these Clean Color Real Brush markers seem to have a nicer look to them when using this watercolor paper versus using the traditional cold press watercolor paper.  You will be able to see a comparison on this in my video as I explain the differences.

And of course, I couldn't use "Sabrina the Witch" without having a really fun and "spooky" watercolor sky scene for her to ride her broom in!  So I've used a totally different method in creating a scene for her:
I have used my set of Zig Kuretake Gansi Tambai watercolors to make this colorful star filled background sky, but there is something totally new that I've never done before on this card which is to free-hand the silhouette hill that you see "Sabrina the Witch" standing on.  I've popped her up with some foam tape on my design here.

I had lots of fun playing around with my watercolors for this project as you will see in my video.  So if you want to see how I've created this spooky fun card, be sure to catch my video on the entire process below as well as a few comparisons of watercolor paper and the different effects it has with the Clean Color Real Brush markers.

*Please note - if you prefer to skip the coloring of the image and go directly to the process of how I made the watercolor starry sky, CLICK HERE (to start video at that point.)*

To view the video on You Tube or see in HD- CLICK HERE.
-To view the video in full screen view, click on the bottom right corner of the video once it starts to play. -   ENJOY!



I thought getting out my watercolor media and using them in a couple of different ways would help give you some ideas on what the products are like and a couple of different uses for each one.  It's always helpful to see someone using it before you invest in it.

And to finish off this card, I also wanted to add a little more of the "Halloween" theme by adding in a sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps Mini Chalkboard set.  In the video above, I show you how I masked off part of the sentiment to only use a portion of it.

I've also added in some fun accents with the Whimsy Stamps Halloween die set with the spider web in the corner and some bats flying around the spooky starry night sky.  I've covered those with some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen for a shimmery touch.

To see more ideas using some of these products that I've used on this card today, be sure to subscribe to the Whimsy Stamps You Tube Channel or on my You Tube Channel - Stamp Smiles.
There will be more fun ideas coming soon...so stay tuned in!!

-------------------------------------------------------
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WIN A WHIMSY STAMPS PRIZE?!!!
CHECK OUT THE DETAILS BELOW!!!!

PRIZE ALERT ... We have hidden a fabulous prize of a $15 GIFT CERTIFICATE at one of the stops on today’s hop! We will draw the lucky winner from the comments left here and on today’s design team posts (listed below), so be sure to visit everyone and leave a comment at every stop to be entered into the draw.
Here is the blog hop order if you get lost along the way:


  Be sure to catch the Whimsy Stamps blog tomorrow for our second day of new release festivities!

Thanks so much for dropping by to see my card and/or video today!  I hope you've been inspired with my creation showcasing the new release from Whimsy Stamps!
Good luck and have fun! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Things with Wings (bats)
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - anything goes with a twist of feminine
Use Your Stuff - Inspired by TV show "The Good Witch"

54 comments:

jimlynn said...

Sabrina is a cutie!!! LOVE that watercolor sky and the colors you used for it. Perfect card for Halloween.
Lynn

Sue C. said...

Love the Sabrina image! Love your watercoloring perfect for Halloween!

Betty Snowden said...

Thanks Vicki. Beautiful work. The watercolor background really showcases Sabrina.

Trina Flynn said...

Hi Vicki, Fabulous card! I really enjoyed watching your video. The steps you used to color Sabrina the witch with the Zig brushes and watercolors for the background were very helpful for a newbie like me. Watercoloring is a fun creative technique, one I haven’t done since I was very young. Thank you for sharing

Becca Cruger said...

That background is absolutely spoooooktacular! It's vibrant and just screams halloween sky! Awesome design, my friend!

Chrissy said...

She is just adorable Vicki and I love,love,love your background..SUPERB.

luv CHRISSYxx

Pam Bertouille said...

Beautiful card with an awesome background to go with it :)

Ellibelle said...

Amazing background Vickie! Thanks so much for making the video! I love playing with my watercolors, but I really have no clue what I am doing and really appreciate your video. The witch is so cute!!

Alanna said...

WOW Vicki, this is amazing. I love the witch and your background looks so much fun. Can't wait to watch the video tonight.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Vicki what a vivid and gorgeous background you have created!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Vicki this is one outstanding card I am into Elisabeth Bell images at the moment I am resurrecting a lot of my old EB stamps and just bought a couple of new ones so seeing this has brought me so much delight, I am not a lover of Halloween but I do love to see what other crafters have made, the colours are so brilliant and vibrant I love the spiders web and bats, also that amazing looking sky effect, awesome make. Vicki thank you so much for your lovely comment on my Shabby Chic card I appreciate it.
hugs
lorraine x

Bad Kitty said...

Hi
I really like your card and video.
I tried to do similar background like you will share on my blog soon so you can see it.
of to go do this hop
thank you for sharing this video
have a nice day,hugs

Monika Reeck said...

Is it kuretake Gansai Tambi or it is ZIG Vicki?
ADORABLEEEEE love it...looks adorable that white spotchless too
and colored the Image so awesome Vicki
I LOVE THIS CARD really great Halloween card
big hugs
Monika (woow I did catch up all from you I am so happy)

Dee Earnshaw said...

Beautifully created card. Love the bold water coloring and new Sabrina image.

Adrianne Fane-Hervey said...

this is a fab card and I enjoyed watching the video of you creating it

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this Halloween card is so cute! I love that sweet Sabrina image and your absolutely gorgeous background!! Fab video too!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Fantastic, amazing card Vicki! Love the background and your coloring of the image is outstanding!

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my goodness!! WOW!! Can't get over how AMAZING this is!! I love everything about this card but your coloring is wow!! Just love this Vicki!! You seriously rocked this card!!

Patricia Redmond said...

I have that stamp and was not sure what to do with it. Now I do. Thank you. Love it.

NanaConnie said...

WOW, what incredible coloring on Sabrina, Vicki! Magnificent background and I love the sparkly bats.
This image is now on my Wish List. :-D

Stacy said...

Such a sweet witch! I love all those rich colors you used. Very pretty!

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous background to show off that cute witch! Awesome card!

Bridget Curnow said...

Wow Vicki, that background is outstanding,
it sets off your beautifully coloured images perfectly!
Have a great day
Hugs Bridget :) xx

Kim said...

Your background is amazing! This is such a fun Halloween card. Gorgeous 😍

Samantha Coleman said...

I really enjoyed watching your video although I admit I did break down about half way through your coloring and advanced to the spot you had pointed out. The witch is amazing and your background was fantastic. I had wondered about the heat embossing before coloring in with the zig markers. I have the set of twelve and haven't been brave enough to break them out yet.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous design, really love this creation and all the fab details. Was watching your video on large screen before and it's fab...gonna try this with lots of water and paint.sxx x {The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Shelly said...

SUPER cute!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous card! Your colouring is beautiful and I enjoyed watching your video to see your process. I want to make a beautiful background like that! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sabrina said...

Your card is so adorable and super sweet but of course I am kind of partial to it after all!! This gorgeous and beautiful image has my name! So of course that means I have going to have to buy it!!! I was always teased all through school of being a witch and then in high school they would call me Sabrina the teenage witch. What I would have given to just been able to (just once) wrinkle or twitch my nose and lift them up off the ground and then set them down again. Just to make them stop. LOL

lritchie said...

Hi Vicky, love the watercolor sky and the witch is so cute.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! Your image is colored perfectly! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Julye said...

Wow Vicki your card really pops with those colours you would never guess it was watercoloured and I agree she is really cute, and a great tutorial too thankyou for sharing both.

Bunny said...

Beautiful stamp. Lovely card with all the beautiful textures.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fantastic scene you created here! That background looks amazing!

Pia S said...

Very impressed by your card and how you did the sky, such a brilliant combo of colors for a spooky look. I love it!

Lola said...

Wow, such an impressive background! So beautifully colorful. And she's a cutie too!

Pollard Carole said...

So clever this is just amazing so much to take in and a fab new stamp its a perfect creation stunning love and hugs Carole x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Outstanding, Vicki! You have outdone yourself!!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow that background is fabulous! Love that cute new witchy and the fab card design. Just gorgeous. Hugs, Wends x

alexandra s.m. said...

Amazing card Nicki!
So many details!!
Thank You~

julieprice3 said...

She's just gorgeous, I love the background, beautfully done xo Julie P

Donna K said...

Vicki, this is just a beautiful card! What a lovely Halloween treasure you've created. Loving the stunning colors and that image is just fantastic.

Lisa S. said...

I love the background Vicki and your coloring is fabulous. Awesome Halloween card! Have a great weekend. :)

Lynn McAuley said...

What a cutie! Certainly not your everyday witch! Beautiful work with this wonderful image, Vicki!

Céline said...

i'm in love !!!!
the background is amazing
hugs
céline

Patricia St Martin said...

Bravo Vicki, Love the video you did an awesome job. Thank you so much I enjoyed everything. The sky was totally amazing! The witch is adorable.
Hugs, Pat♥

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Didn't have time on first visit to watch the video, so glad I came back and did! What a fab watercolour background tutorial, so fun seeing your process, thank you so much! Love it! Hugs, Wends x

Sue D said...

Awesome colors!

Lisa J said...

I love love love everything about this. The Image, the background its just superb. A wonderful creation. Lisa x

Julia said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog!!

tampatha said...

Awesome card and I love all the elements in this one, with the dimension, coloring and watercoloring! Thanks for playing with us at UYS this week and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

MiamiKel said...

Fabulousness! The watercoloring is just out of this world crazy beautiful! I'll have to peek at your video in a bit, they are always so spot on and lovely to listen to :) Hugs!

Donna said...

She is adorable and your coloring is stunning!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute witch and fabulous water colour background
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...