"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

{Cupcake Inspirations} Has a "Brainy" Color Combo!

If you're looking for the Whimsy Stamps blog hop posts, scroll down or CLICK HERE!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far!
I'm watching all of the trees turn color and it's gorgeous!

Today brings us to another challenge over at
{Cupcake Inspirations}
This week is a fun Color Combination for you:
How cool is that photo of the "brain" cupcakes!!  I love the little name tags for them too!! LOL!
So the colors for this challenge are a combination of "Ocean, Bone & Shadow".

The sponsor for this challenge is
The Stamping Boutique
The winner from this challenge will receive 2 images of winners choice!
 (3 images if winner uses a TSB or Glitterbabe image!)
So be sure to play along for your chance to win a fun prize! :)

They have given the team a selection of images to play with for this challenge, so here's what I've come up with using this fun color combo:
I have used this cute image from our sponsor called "Witches Laundry Line".
I've colored it in keeping the color combo in mind.  I have cut out the witch's laundry pieces and then popped them up over the clothes line image to give a bit of dimension.

I added extra "sparkle" to the dress, hat and spider webs on the image with my clear gel pen and Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen as well.  I've also added some glossy accents to the pumpkin within the sentiment on the image.  Thought it would be fun to add some seam binding ribbon with a black button and linen thread for accents on the card.

So this witch is getting her laundry done so she can wear it for the up-coming Halloween night! :)
Speaking of "witch"....I need to get mine done too!! LOL!!

Hope you can join in the fun with us this week and play along with the colors!
You don't have to make it Halloween, you can use the color combo for anything you want to make!  Be sure to catch the rest of the inspiration on the challenge blog too!!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks so much for stopping in with me today!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Crafting by Designs - Halloween
Moving Along with the Times - Halloween
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Halloween
Alphabet Challenge - 'R' for Ribbon
Crafty Catz - anything goes
Fantasy Stampers - Fright Night!

43 comments:

Margreet said...

Me too I love the brain cupcakes But I love your color interpretation too....you made a brilliant card!
Have a great Sunday!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous brain cupcakes and love love love your card.xxx
:)  {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh I have never seen or heard of brain cupcakes before but I must admit they look delicious, but not as scrummy as your card I love how you have curled your ribbon to frame the super image this is one ACE make Vicki
hugs
lorraine x

Bad Kitty said...

this is wonderful!
have a nice day
hugs

nwilliams6 said...

Love that inspiration picture - what a fun way to display some candy!!! I need to keep it in mind. Love your card too - the pop ups and coloring really make the image stand out. Such great ideas an beautiful work my friend. Hugz

Sarah said...

Such a fun card !! The thought of witches doing laundry made me smile...they really should have a spell for such a mundane task!! xx

Eva Ng said...

Love it!

Julie Curtis said...

This is adorable!

jimlynn said...

All good witch's need clean clothes for Halloween night! LOL!
Cute image and love your card Vicki. Very pretty way to do the curls on the ribbon too.
Lynn

Shannon McComb said...

I love that color combo! Your witch outfit hanging from the clothes line is just way to cute!! Love this Vicki!

Monika Reeck said...

I luv your card with cutttee imaga and perfect used the color combo..sweet halloween Image dear ...thanks for sharing
Hugs
Monika

Pia S said...

This is so cute and I think it looks lovely in this non traditional Halloween color scheme. And you've arranged the ribbon so beautifully.... Love this card!

Donna said...

What a fun nontraditional Halloween card Vicki!

Tammy said...

This is sooo cute Vicki! I love the fun image, gorgeous color combo and the awesome seam binding! I hope you are enjoying your Sunday my friend!
Big hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Halloween card in non-traditional colours and love hoe you curled the beautiful ribbon-shows I didn't look to closely at the insp pic I thought they were walnuts lol
Carol x

Sandy said...

Love the layering and the gloss on the pumpkin. That ribbon is fabulous too!

Tammy said...

Very clever 'o'! Love the little pumpkin that goes with the super cute image! Wonderful card and color combo!

Carol L said...

What a fun take on the photo challenge! That witches line is so stinkin' cute (especially the dangling spider) but I really like the twisted ribbon treatment! Cute!

Judy V said...

Great card! Love the image and ribbon you worked with! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards!

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Vicki! The colors are so soft...this is one I'd like to reach out and touch! Love the bow too! Brain cupcakes? Me thinks I need some of those!!! Hugs...!

Asha said...

LOVE this non-trad halloween combo. So refreshing not to see any orange or black ... and strangely comforting to know that witches do their own laundry too! :)
hugs, Asha

Wendy L said...

A lovely card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxxx

Céline said...

so fun card
hugs
céline

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card is so fantastic and wonderful... love your creation....

Hugs Anja

MiamiKel said...

Vicki this is an absolute delight what a gorgeous color combination to create a card with !!! Fabulous!!!

Davi said...

Even though I dont do halloween I have to say you did a fabulous job on this card Vicki!! The colors and way you did the ribbon really make for a very pretty card!!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Vicki thank you for joining us over on Crafty Catz
Dianne xx
CC DT

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi Vicki!

My first reaction was "wow! Look at this sensational shading!"
You are the Queen of coloring my Friend!
Gorgeous card!

Bravo
xx

Donna Ellis said...

The name tags are so cute in the inspiration photo! LOL Someone had fun putting those tags with the goodies!

Your witchie clothes line is darling! Love the colors and fun ribbon streamers! hugs, de

Shelly said...

Oooh, super fun, Vicki!!

Sue said...

Well, even witches need to do laundry! What a cute card, Vicki. Love the image and coloring and that curly ribbon bow is wonderful.

Hugs
Sue

Lisa J said...

Love the Brain Cakes! Loving your washing line card too its fabulous! Lisa x

Dawn Frost said...

I know I couldn't eat the brain cupcakes, lol! I LOVE your card and the image, its on my wish list!

Claire Rhodes-Brandon said...

Such a great Halloween card, very different, thanks for joining in at MAWTT, Claire xXx

Miriam Prantner said...

What a cute image! Love the fussy cutting and how you curled the ribbon.

Maria Simms said...

Lovely card! Lots of little details to catch the eye. Thanks for joining the Fright Night challenge at Fantasy Stampers x

Donna K said...

Don't you just love how color challenges force us out of the normal color schemes? I would have NEVER thought to use these colors for halloween, yet I'm in LOVE with this card. Super, super cute. One of my favorites I've seen all season for Halloween. I've had fun catching up today. I hope your day is marvelous crafty lady! xx Donna K

VanessaB said...

ew to the brain cupcakes, but your card is awesome!

Deepti said...

This is so perfect and the swirls from the ribbon look awesome :)

NanaConnie said...

Fun and funny card, my friend! Great job with those colors.

Rhonda Miller said...

Spooktacular! I love how you've colored the image and even popped up some of the elements.

Call me Naki said...

I love how you popped the witch's hat and dress! Very nice use of the colors! :-)

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...