"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

It's All About the Holidays at Addicted to Stamps!

Hello friends!
Hope you are all having a wonderful week so far!
Although it's been a bit busy around my house "behind" the scenes, I'm still thinking of crafting and getting my handmade creating going for the up-coming Holidays!

That's exactly what we are looking for over at
ADDICTED TO STAMPS
This week we would like to see your Holiday themed creations!
Weather it be for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or even a vacation Holiday, be sure to enter it with our challenge this week!  We can't wait to see what you all come up with! :)

We have a couple of fabulous sponsors this week as well:
(Click on photo to be taken to their shop)
One lucky winner will receive 5 digital images!

AND

(Click on photo to be taken to their shop)
Another lucky winner will receive a $15.00 coupon to spend at their store!

Be sure you play along for your chance to win a prize or a chance at being chosen for a spot in our "Top Addicts" designs!

Both of these sponsors were kind enough to provide the DT with some images to work with and here's what I've come up with using one of the sponsor's images:
I've used this peaceful and beautiful image from DeeDee's Digis called Winter Woods on my card.  I printed it out, colored it with my Copic markers and then I cut it out in a square that fits around the image only.
I have also added some glitter to the snow on the image and then I layered it onto a piece of glitter card stock and then layered that onto a piece of gold foil card stock that was die cut with a stitched square frame die cut.  Of course it really looks sparkly and shimmery IRL, but the photo does not capture how I see in person!
I layered the image onto a piece of 5" square white card base with a little extra spot towards the bottom of the card so that I could stamp the sentiment.  Although the set does come with several nice sentiments, I wanted a sentiment that went straight across and was thin enough to fit on my design, so I chose to use a set from Whimsy Stamps called Scandi Christmas.

I think this such a great image for making several CAS style Christmas cards!  Yay for getting yet another Christmas card onto my pile!! :)  So be sure to get those Holiday creations and enter in the Addicted to Stamps challenge!! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by this evening!!
I enjoy reading all of your thoughts!!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:

Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Baby, It's Cold Outside!
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Fantasy Stampers - Animal Antics
Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes

41 comments:

Bad Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bad Kitty said...

Beautiful card!

jimlynn said...

So pretty with all that sparkle and shine! Love the framework around the image too.
Lynn

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my Vicki, your card is one of the most beautiful Winter cards i have ever seen!
Absolutely stunning! Everything is so well done ...
Bravo!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful. Love this inspiring creation today and colours used are just gorgeous.x
{The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Vicki! WOW ~ I really love the soft colors you chose for this beautiful winter scene! Fabulous Copic coloring, and I love how you added sparkle to the snow banks! Love the glitter and gold frames, too!

Tanja said...

love all the sparkle in this beautiful winter scene

Sarah said...

A fabulous card Vicki, love the twinkly snow xx

Asha said...

Oh how handsome and oh so majestic! He's standing there head held high in the woods with sparkly snow.... so so magical! LOVE the simple colours. You are a star my friend.
hugs, Asha

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my I am in love with this beautiful card Vicki I love the image so much the Forest and the Reindeer as well as all the lovely sparkle look brilliant.
hugs
lorraine x

Pollard Carole said...

So classy this is a very elegant design and the colours are perfect love it love and hugs Carole x

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!

Claudia Rogier said...

Hi,

Lovely card, Love it. Thanks for joining us at BSC

Hugs
Claudia

* Brown Sugar Challenge*

Shannon McComb said...

Wow, that's beautiful Vicki!! What a gorgeous winter scene you created and I love the sparkles!!!

Carol L said...

You've really done this digi image justice with this great card! It actually looks like it's within a decorative wooden frame, so nice job with that! I love all the sparkle too!

Lola said...

Loving all the sparkly goodness on this, and I must say, this looks quite elegant.

Pia S said...

Glitter and sparkle, gold and reindeer, they're all elements I love to see on a Christmas card. It's really beautiful, Vicki...

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is the prettiest CAS card ever! Love this, dear friend! Thanks for sharing 😊

Tammy said...

Beautiful winter scene! Love the gorgeousness of it all!

Kristie W. said...

This is such an elegant card, Vicki! Love the sparkle and gold layering.

Sue said...

Love to see these guys in the snow, what a pretty scene and card, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

CaroleAnn said...

Perfect holiday card with the sparkle and shine. Love this design and the peacefulness of the scene you have created.

Penny Odell said...

Beautiful Vicki!! You are so talented.

Davi said...

Very beautiful Vicki, Love the scene and the way you did the glitter really makes it look like glistening snow!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Gorgeous, love the scene. Great job on the birch trees and the snow, love the sparkles.
Hugs Pat

Julie B said...

The stitched gold mount really sets off this image Vicki, fab job. :)

Céline said...

soooooooo gorgeous
hugs
céline

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is just gorgeous! I really love the touch of sparkle!

cm said...

Gorgeous showcase of the image. The trees, the deer, the sparkly snow...so pretty!
~c

Tracey said...

Such a beautiful card Vicki :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Tammy said...

Stunning Christmas card Vicki!! I love that image and all of the sparkle, fabulous framing around the image too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is so pretty.

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - this winter scene is fabulous. Beautiful colouring and I think all the sparkle is just gorgeous. xxx

NanaConnie said...

Beautifully simple and elegant, Vicki! Love the sparkle on the snow.

Lisa J said...

I love this card Vicki. The Image is gorgeous and loving the sparkles. Lisa

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great card
Happy Halloween:
"-Where do you take a baby ghost?
- To day-SCARE center!!!" :)
Happy BOO day!"
hugs from California
Bibiana

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A very elegant snow scene, Vicki, the glitter paper and the cut out gold foil makes it precious. Take care!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Vicki
I really love how you colored this adorable Image
and looks so many glitter there really feel like he is on the snow
cold and cool card
I love this christmas card from you
I am sorry just visit again was busy with kids :)
hugs, Monika

Maria Simms said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining in at Fantasy Stampers x

Jinny Newlin said...

Vicki, this is stunning! What a gorgeous, winter scene! I adore all the neutrals and shimmer and shine!

Some Bits and Pieces said...

Beautiful card! I love the glitter! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...