"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

It's Time to Get "Spooky" at Craft Rocket Challenges!

Hello friends! :)
I'm back to share with you a brand new challenge over at

This will be our #2 challenge!  It was awesome to see all of the lovely PINK creations from everyone for our 1st challenge, so let's see some more for this one too! :)

The theme for this challenge is:
"Spooky!"
So share those wonderfully "spooky" Halloween creations with us!
Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Here's the card that I've made for this challenge:
I have decided to pull out some of my "older" Stampin' Up! stamps again and have a play with to create a "spooky" Halloween night with them!
This stamp set is called "House of Haunts" with some cool images that helped to create this scene.
I've put the house with the moon image somewhat in the center right side area of a white card base.  I additionally stamped the house image again (including the moon) on masking paper and masked off the bottom section of the card including the area with the tree image on it.

The images on the white card base were heat embossed with black embossing powder and then covered up with the masking paper in the areas at the bottom and covering the house.  I then took some distress inks to blend in colors around the moon and outward with the darker purplish color.  Once I took the mask off, I blended the area at the bottom with grays and black colors to make it look like the ground with the house on the hill.  The moon including the windows around the house were left alone with the white showing through to help give it that "spooky" looking glow!

In addition, I thought it would be fun to spritz the background with water and then I've also taken a white gel pen to create "stars" in the purplish looking background.  I also used it to make highlights on the tree image and color in the owl's eyes.  I also covered the moon and windows with my Wink of Stella glitter pen.  (Hard to see in photo.)

I finished it off with a couple of corner dazzles black stickers in the top two corners of the card.  I layered the card front with orange and black card stock bases as well.

I hope you will stop by the Craft Rocket challenge blog to see what the rest of the DT has come up with for this challenge as well!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  See you again on Sunday!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Just Us Girls - Purple, Orange & Black

613 Avenue - Anything Goes or Create Your Own Challenge chart
(I chose "Harvest Moon from 1st column and "Trick or Treating" from 2nd column.)

Cardz 4 Guyz - "I put a spell on you!" - Halloween

Inky Chicks - Halloween

Deep Ocean - Halloween

The Male Room - Halloween


44 comments:

Tanja said...

love that spooky background

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant spooky card my friend, a lady of all creations.xx

Lisa J said...

This is wonderful Vicki. The background is amazing. Lisa x

Bad Kitty said...

great card!
have a nice day

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Great effect on the background, love it! Claire x

Deepti said...

Wow what a spooktacular card! The sky is superb!

Creations by Shirl said...

love that spooky haunted house on the hill... It's a scary scene and a fantastic job putting it together...

Lynn McAuley said...

How fabulous! I love this sensational Halloween creation, Vicki!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun spooky house and card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS--

Carol L said...

This is fantastic! I absolutely love that owl perched in the spooky tree, and the colors are perfection for Halloween!

Stampsnob. said...

WOW this is gorgeous even though it is spooky.............Lis

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki this is full of so many spookilicious images love the house and tree as well as the awesome colours you have done a fangtastic job with this one
hugs
lorraine x

Jane said...

Amazing! Love all the colours and placement of your spooky stamps. Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous stamps Vicki and I love the background colours with the spooky glow of the moon over the house.AWEsome tree and owl...fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Pia S said...

I don't make many Halloween cards but I do love seeing them. Love silhouette images and these look fab against your beautifully inked background...

jimlynn said...

Good spooky fun! Love the distress inks on here and the way you created the 'stars' with the gel pen. Love your card!
Lynn

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Love this wonderful, spooky house! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Monika Reeck said...

I dont make many hallloween cards too like Pia said Vicki
but love to see them
and your sponged background oh woooowww stunninggg
how so smooth it is the changes between orange and purple
clever!!!!
Love that sillhouette too
and I am scary now looking outside I am afraid of ghost hehehe
Great card Vicki
see you around sweety
hugs, Monika

Tammy said...

Love your spooky castle! Great colors in the background too!

Shannon McComb said...

That background!! Seriously!! Love it ! The colors together!! Your spooky card is perfect Vicki!!

Donna Ellis said...

What a spooktacular card, Vicki! Amazing colors and beautiful full moon!

Maria A. said...

Arghh!! I remember this stamp set and I miss out on buying it, Grr!! Your card is sooooo wonderfully spooky, love that sky and the moon with it's fabulous glow.
Super Spooktacular card, thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, this spooky Halloween scene is awesome!! I love the stamped images and your stunning background! Fabulous card my friend!
Big hugs, Tammy

CaroleAnn said...

OMG Do I love this. I have just discovered distress inks (even though I have had them for a looooong time) But just had some time to play and I love them so I am loving what you created with this card!! Beautiful! Hugs

Inkyfingers said...

Wow Vicki - this is stunning! The background is amazing,
Hugs
Carol x

Céline said...

A MA ZING !!!!
you're so talented!
hugs
céline

Jessi Fogan said...

Ooooh that owl in the tree! I love this spooky scene :)

Asha said...

Oh my word!!! That is just spooktacular! LOVE the bg!
hugs, Asha

NanaConnie said...

Love that haunted house and the wonderful spooky tree, Vicki. What an incredible background! Great job with the masking.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, I love the spooky scene you've created.

Cazro said...

FABULOUS! I love your atmospheric background and the set of Halloween stamps are wonderful. A great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Ok this is just too cool! Love the whole scene!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

This spooky scene is way TOO cool! I ABSOLUTELY love your fabulous scene & awesome background! Truly amazing!

Lisa S. said...

I just love this card Vicki!

Julie B said...

Fab inking and masking Vicki, love the little scene you've created, especially the little white hilights.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Cardz4Guyz this week. :)

Tracey said...

This is my kind of Halloween card Vicki - I LOVE it!
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Deborah Frings said...

Superb! I think your inked background is amazing. Love the spooky house and that owl in the tree is fab! Thanks so much for playing along with our Halloween theme at The Male Room!

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!!! Love the background, great job! Love those older stamps, they never go out of style. and love your corners.
Hugs, Pat

Penny Odell said...

Beautiful Vicki, but then all of your cards are. That is a gorgeous background by the way!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

You are doing such awesome distressed backgrounds on your cards. This one is fantabulous! Love this Halloween card.

JayBe said...

Fabulous stamping and great colour choices. Thanx for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz this time.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Davi said...

Although Im not much on halloween this is one cute card Vicki!! I really like you background with the spooky house and I like the touches of white on the tree :)

Dawn Frost said...

I have that house and LOVE it! Background is gorgeous and I love those corner tabs!

Regina said...

Wow this looks spooky and brilliant!
hugs Regina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...