"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Seeing STARS at {Cupcake Inspirations}

Hello friends!
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!
I am enjoying some much needed time with family right now.

Stopping in today to share a new challenge with you over at
{Cupcake Inspirations}
Here's the awesome photo for the theme challenge this week:
There's just something about "stars" that I love on a design!  You don't have to use the same colors in the photo, just use some stars on your design this week!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

We also have a great sponsor for the challenge this week as well:
(Click on the graphic above to be taken to the shop!)
They are providing the winner of this challenge with a prize of 3 images of choice!!
So be sure to play along for your chance to win!  They are really adorable images and they were kind enough to provide some images for our design team to play with too!

Here's what I've come up with:
So I've used this too cute to spook image from our sponsor called "Ghost with Pumpkin" for my card design.  I decided to go ahead and use the challenge photo for my base of inspiration as well.  I knew I had some fun black and white striped papers, so I went through my stash to find them and also ran into this fun Halloween style of ribbon that I thought would go perfectly with my design too.

I colored the image with my Copic markers and stamped some stars around him and then just cut him out with a stitched circle die.  I had a star punch, so I punched out some stars with my black glitter paper and popped them up over top of the circle and black A2 sized card base.  I've also included one of those punched stars in the center of my ribbon bow.

Always hard to photograph, but I've covered the ghost with some Wink of Stella for a shimmery looking ghost.  It seems to always look so cool in person of course!

Be sure to stop on over at the challenge blog to catch the rest of the "star-filled" inspiration by the design team!  We can't wait to see your starry creations! :)
Thanks so much for dropping in today!!  See you soon!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Fan-tasic Tuesday - Orange & Black only
4 Crafty Chicks - Halloween
CRAFT - White, Black + one other color (orange)
Crafts 4 Eternity - Halloween
The Friday Mash-Up - Halloween and/or With Ribbon


41 comments:

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card Vicki....I so love your ribbon!
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

Love the tasty looking inspirational picture Vicki but what I love even more is your card it is brilliant, cute and oh so adorable, love it
hugs
lorraine x

Asha said...

Oh you are wicked! Dangling a cupcake in front of me like that!!! :) Super card too...little casper looks like a fluffy marshmallow... everything in looking like food to me. I blame the cupcake... it's all over your card ... artistically speaking! Peanut is sending gentle cuddles to Mocca.
hugs, Asha

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a sweet card Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia

aussie aNNie said...

Booo-tiful post today.xx
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Sarah said...

Super cute Vicki!! What delicious ribbon!! xx

Bad Kitty said...

super cute card!
love it!

have a nice day

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your halloweencard is fantastic and wonderful... love your little cute ghost

Hugs Anja xoxo

Donna said...

That is such a cute Halloween card Vicki, I much prefer "cute" for Halloween and yours is just adorable!

jimlynn said...

So fun and cute! Love that spooky looking ribbon....and all the stars! I love stars on just about anything and they look great with the fun ghost.
Lynn

Leanne said...

Great job, love the stars, and that ribbon is gorgeous too. Nice cute image and the coloring is fab. Thanks for playing our Halloween Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Cheers,
Leanne 4CC DT

Monika Reeck said...

ayyyy
she is a cute Ghost
and you have lovely ribbon Vicki
and that glitter Stars is reall great touch
I love the orange behind the Ghost too
cuteee Boo card Vicki
luv this
how are you my dear
hope you are okay
hugs
Monika

Shannon McComb said...

Love!! That ghost with the pumpkin is just too cute!!

Tammy said...

Fantastic card and great background for the adorable image! Love the star holders.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh this is an adorable image! You did such a great job showcasing it. Awesome take on the challenge, too.

Lynn McAuley said...

Such an adorable ghost peeking from behind that pumpkin, Vicky! Your Halloween card is a delight with its black glitter accents! Well done, you!

sweet art designs said...

What a cute design. You created a very fun and lovable card. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Céline said...

so gorgeous
love the halloween ribbon ;)
hugs
céline

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

What a great card! Love the adorable image!

Pia S said...

What a sweet image this is,this ghost is definitely too cute to spook! Love the way you incorporated the stripes in your design as well, very decorative and cute card!

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful this is stunnig i love your design and especially that gorgeous ribbon what a find love and hugs Carole x

Davi said...

Cute card Vicki!! I like the ribbon with the image :)

Norma said...

Adorable card and loving the details. Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup.
Hugs,
Norma

Heidi Baks said...

Very cute! I love that inspiration photo too. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Diane said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, what an adorable colored ghost, stitched die cut and lovely ribbon.

Hugs Diane

Creations by Shirl said...

love the ghost, he just makes me smile.... His the cutest I"ve seen so far...
I would love to craft with you, you are so amazing with your details.....

Dawn Frost said...

What an adorable ghost! I love that ribbon, great card Vicki!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute card - fun ghost too

Carol L said...

What a fun little ghostie, and I love the sparkly stars with the ribbon! Cute card!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute Halloween image and beautiful ribbon-love the sparkly stars
carol x

Donna Ellis said...

Vicki, your little ghostie is so sweet! I love the pink cheeks and glittered stars around the darling image! A great Halloweenie card! hugs, de

Regina said...

Oh, how adorably spooky! The sweetest ghost ever coloured perfectly!
big hugs and smiles
Regina

Tammy said...

Adorable Halloween card Vicki!! I love that little ghost and the fun glow that you've added, beautiful ribbon and sparkle too!
Hugs, Tammy

alexandra s.m. said...

Awww...he is so sweet!
Beautiful Card Vicki!
I must explore that shimmer, I know nothing about it but I do love the effect!!
Thank You~

Tanja said...

this is so super cute - love your coloring, the sparkly stars and the pretty bow

La Papera Gialla said...

It's adorable!
Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week!
Monica - DT

Lisa said...

Fun card, thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Sue said...

Adorable card, love that sweet image and the colors are great, Vicki. Got my cards mailed today for my little friends.

Hugs
Sue

michele said...

Fabulous Halloween card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity :) hugs x

NanaConnie said...

WOW, what perfect use of the inspiration piece, my friend! Love that ribbon you chose for the bow. Great coloring. :-D

Lola said...

You really captured the photo inspiration in your adorably cute card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...