"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Whimsy Stamps Blog Hop - Day 1 + October Card Kit + VIDEOS!!

Hello friends!!  I have several things to share with you today, so please grab your favorite beverage and enjoy what I hope will inspire your crafting! :)
Whimsy Stamps has lots of exciting things happening today!
Today is the start of the October New Release blog hop for starters!

So please be sure to begin at their
Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Blog
 and to check out the full details!!
There will be THREE full days of inspiration and prizes to be given out!!
So don't miss a single day!!  Today begins DAY 1...

-------------------------------
Welcome to Day 1 of our ...
October Rubber Stamp and Die Release

Over the next 3 days we will showcase 18*BRAND NEW* red rubber stamps/stamp sets, 3 new Clearly Whimsy clear sets, and 2 Shapeology Die Sets. All of these new products are available to buy from the Whimsy Stamps store and from selected Whimsy Stamps retailers.
Our design team members have been working hard on their creations featuring these new goodies. We hope you will hop along with us for a chance to win a Whimsy Gift Voucher. Each day, for the next 3 days, we will have a new blog hop, showcasing more of the new release items along with a new chance to win. 
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Today also starts a brand new
  Whimsy Stamps October 2015 Monthly Card kit!
The contents are the same within the kit, you only have to choose which rubber stamp you want with your kit!  (Hard choice...I know!) - you could always get both!! LOL!
**A note to add is that there are two BONUS items included with the kits, so be sure to check out what those are when you watch the video below!**


This is the kit with the "Christmas Giraffe" by Crissy Armstrong stamp included:
- OR -

You can choose this kit with the "Reindeer Magic" by Krista Heij-Barber stamp included:

I am totally excited to be sharing LOTS of fun projects made with these kits!
This is a great kit to have on hand for all of your Holiday card making, tags and gift giving ideas!  So I ended up getting a bit "carried away" as usual and have made several projects using items from the kit!  So here is some inspiration for you:

To introduce you to the kit as well as my first project, here is what I put together:
I've taken this adorable "Christmas Giraffe" by Crissy Armstrong and colored him in with my Clean Color Real Brush markers, cut him out and popped him up over my shaker ornament!

I've used some coaster chipboard from my stash that I've had for who knows how long and made an ornament.  I have made ornaments with this coaster chipboard before, but not with this "shaker" twist involved! :)  This is actually REALLY simple and easy to put together!!  Most of this was put together using items from this kit!

So, if you'd like to see how I've put this ornament together including a full detailed view of the contents included within the kits, then check it all out in this video below:
**To watch on You Tube - CLICK HERE!  To enlarge the video to fill your screen, click the bottom right corner gadget after it starts playing.  ENJOY!!!**



And that's just a start to what you can do with this kit!  I have also made several other items using this kit that might help give you an idea of how much you can actually make with one kit!
In addition to the "Shaker Christmas Ornament" that I made above, I used that adorable giraffe again to make a really fun Christmas card!  I've made an additional simple Christmas card with the "Christmas Lights Border die" that comes with the kit as well!

And for the sentiments on ALL of these projects, I've used the "Pre-printed Sheet of Coordinating Sentiments" that comes with the kit.  I have used dies, circle punches and just cutting various sentiments to put on my projects here.  So many different things you can do with them!
I will share a more detailed view of these items above on Friday - so be sure to come back to my blog for more inspiration!
---------------------------------------------------------

In addition, I have a BONUS project and "how to" video to share with you on how I've made this item which would be great for a fun Christmas gift idea:
I have used the "Reindeer Magic" by Krista Heij-Barber stamp from one of the kits including a bonus item (not pictured with the kit contents above.) and made this really fun gift idea!

I have stamped and decoupaged a muslin bag here.  I've used another circle sentiment from the pre-printed sentiment sheet included in the kit and tied it to the bag with the red grosgrain ribbon included in the kit as well.  This is large enough that it would fit a good sized wooden stamp, yummy goodies or even a nice small gift inside!  (I think handmade is ALWAYS best, don't you?!)

Would like to learn how I've transferred this image onto the muslin bag?
Then please be sure to check out the video below to find out how:
 **To watch on You Tube - CLICK HERE!  To enlarge the video to fill your screen, click the bottom right corner gadget after it starts playing.  ENJOY!!!**

I hope you've been inspired with my projects made from the October 2015 card kit!
I have been having so much fun making Christmas items with it!  I'm happy that I was able to make some more Christmas cards and other items to help give me a good start with Christmas this year!
I know that you will enjoy the products in the kit and have lots of fun with it!

I still have MANY things left from the kit to make more, but I just plain ran out of time!! LOL!!


****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Here is the blog hop list in case you get lost along the way:
Day 1
**BEGIN** - Whimsy Stamps Blog
>>>Vicki Parson - YOU ARE HERE!!<<<

PRIZE ALERT ... We have hidden a fabulous prize of a $15 GIFT CERTIFICATE at two of the stops on today’s hop! We will draw the lucky winners from the comments left here and on today’s design team posts (listed below), so be sure to visit everyone and leave a comment at every stop to be entered into the draw. 

The winners from each of our 3 release day hops will be drawn and posted on Monday, October 19th. Be sure to join us and leave your comments by 8am ET on Monday for a chance to win!


Thanks for dropping by. Happy hopping!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
For the Giraffe Christmas Ornament:
Use Your Stuff - ribbon
Shopping Our Stash - acetate
Addicted-to-Stamps - "Bling Bling"
Fab 'N' Funky - Make it Square

For the Reindeer Muslin Bag:
Crafting for All Seasons - Bags & Boxes
Little Red Wagon - Tags
Use Your Stuff - ribbon

57 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Vicki! How absolutely delightful!! These two cuties are just over the top fabulous, with your signature beautiful style and gorgeous coloring ♥ Your holiday bag is simply scrumptious - amazing post, my friend! ♥

Ellibelle said...

So many wonderful creations Vicki. Each one beautifully done and so creative!

Shelly said...

Wow!...You've been busy! lol Seriously, how fun and CUTE are all of these?!!...Fabulous projects, Vicki!

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful tags. The bag is lovely!! Very cute!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Noelle Martin said...

So cute!

Chrissy said...

Fantastic cards and gift bag and a shaker ornament as well..love the cute Giraffe all tangled in his fairy lights,and the little reindeer is such a cutie too Vicki..wonderful projects..

luv CHRISSYxx

Olga Jewell said...

all of these are gorgeous!

Glennis said...

Fabulous projects Vicki

Wendy said...

Gorgeous creations! That kit looks fabulous.
Wendy xx

jimlynn said...

Too much fun and pretties! That looks like a wonderful kit to get too. Love your projects and the videos are wonderful. That little giraffe with the shaker is darling!
Lynn

Diane said...

So many wonderful ideas Vicki. The little shaker design is too cute.

Hugs Diane

Jane said...

Gosh such amazing kits. I love the giraffe x

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Very cute!!! I love that giraffe

Monika Reeck said...

ooh Vickiii
you are so busy made this all adorable things
oh oh ok I start from Giraffe so so cuute and lovely coloring love that shaker in the star cuuuteee one
The card with Giraffe also so sweet and love the lamp there so elegant card and that tag so great for put on the goodie bags..clever made my friendand the little bag with that reindeer oh so so cuuutee I love the nose in red cuuutee cuuteee and lovely coloring too
and will see your video soon..now it is 22:18 I got the mail notify cause I follow you by EMAIL and I go straight forward to your blog my friend :)
Big hugs
Monika

Sue said...

You have been one busy lady! WOW, love all the projects, and loved the video you made, what a darling little gift bag!!! Very creative Christmas ideas, Vicki, loved them all.

Hugs
Sue

Asha said...

Oh you're having waaay too much fun with this new release! LOL Awesome makes, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love these beautiful Christmas projects. So many ideas to be had. Lovin your videos too:)

Mary Marin said...

Fabulous creations! I think I'm in love with the giraffe!

Doudou said...

Beautiful creations love all!

Bad Kitty said...

this is great card kit.
love your videos
hugs

Renee Butchart said...

Wow Vicki, you have been one busy crafter! Love all of these adorable projects but that little giraffe stole my heart! Love him.
Hugs, Renee

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, your creations are sooo cute! Adorable images and fun dies! What an awesome card kit! Fab videos too, I love that that sweet little gift bag!
Hugs, Tammy

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my goodness!! How cute are all your projects!! I love that giraffe with the christmas lights! So sweet Vicki!

Maria Jose Vargas said...

Getting the kit, these are adorable!

Tammy said...

Each make is extra special Vicki! Love Rudolph's pouch!

Pat (mspfd) said...

You have outdone yourself! Gorgeous projects, Vicki.

Stacy said...

What great projects. I love the new kit.

Samantha Coleman said...

I just loved your shaker card. I have never seen one put together that way before. Thanks for showing me another way to accomplish this as I have struggled with shaker cards.

Samantha Coleman said...

I just loved your shaker card. I have never seen one put together that way before. Thanks for showing me another way to accomplish this as I have struggled with shaker cards.

Renae said...

Very cute cards and projects!

B MacNutt said...

The kit looks great. I like what you made. The reindeer is my favorite.

Marjeta said...

Love this stamps. My favourite is deer. Your card and bag are super.

Marjeta

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and sweet creations my friend..xx {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Oh, my cuteness! These are fabulous, Vicki! Each cards are wonderfully designed! Just so much fun and I love it! :)

I also want to thank you for leaving me such an encouraging comment on my blog yesterday about my new papercrafting challenge! You've always been so supportive! I hope you apply because I adore YOU and your projects! ♥

Deb said...

Vicki, you are amazing, you made so many gorgeous things! Love those little lights!
Debxx

Adrianne Fane-Hervey said...

such fabulous projects

Céline said...

wonderful
hugs
céline

LeAnne said...

Wow....what a great set of projects! That reindeer bag is adorable!

Pia S said...

It sure is an inspiring kit, and I can see you've felt this way too! Love the bag of fabric with the cute reindeer on and your paper bag looks fab with the shaker part. Beautiful and inspiring work!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such delightful holiday creations, Vicky! Awesome work!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant project Vicki love the cute reindeer and giraffe images and love the shaker one
carol x

Pollard Carole said...

Gorgeous c
Projects they are stunning and you video is perfect so clever love and hugs Carole

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my Vicki! Where do you find the time to create such adorable projects?
BRAVO!! They look darling!

Majo said...

Too cute! I love the use of ribbon on your card! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!
Majo DT ♥

Heather said...

Everything you have made with this kit is absolutely adorable. Thanks for joining us for the tag challenge at Little Red Wagon this week.

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Vicki these projects and stamps are sensational, wow you have done some amazing work I love them all especially the muslin bag, excellent creations.
hugs
lorraine x

Marlies said...

You've created some beautiful Christmas creations Vicki. Amazing work. Thanks for shring with us at ATSC. Marlies (DT)

lauren bergold said...

super-cute holiday creations! love the way you did the shaker window inside the star! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (clear!) STASH with us this week! :)

Donna said...

Fantastic holiday creations!! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "I Can See Clearly" challenge this week!

Barb said...

Super fabulous creation!!! Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafting for all Seasons challenge, hope to see you again. Barb

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun kit. I love all your creations.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Two really gorgeous creations Vicki. Love that little reindeer! Thanks for joining in the fun with the Fab 'n' Funky crew for our 'Make it Square' challenge. Look forward to seeing you back again soon. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Amanda said...

Love your shaker ornament! Very creative! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Use Your Stuff!

nwilliams6 said...

Fun images and projects - a great new release and kit!! Fun stuff. Hugz

Miriam Prantner said...

What a cute shaker and the bag is just darling! Love that you stamped on that!

Regina said...

Oh, Vicki! Such adorable projects! The images are cute!

hugs Regina

Donna K said...

Oh my gosh what a fun kit. So many options with these products. You surely have been busy. I love every single thing you created, Vicki! That giraffe image is darling and I am in love with the Christmas light die cut. Wonderful cards and tags. Thanks for inspiring lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...