"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, October 16, 2015

Whimsy Stamps Blog Hop - Day 3 - Having MORE Fun with the Card Kit!

Hello friends and a happy Friday to you!! Yay!
It's certainly getting cooler out and feeling more like Fall weather over my way!
So hoping to snuggle up with my little doxie, Mocca this evening and watch a movie! :)
Hope you have some fun plans ahead for this weekend as well...maybe some crafting?
**Today is the LAST day for the Whimsy Stamps blog hop!**
Check out the beginning of the hop over on the
Whimsy Inspirations Blog
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Welcome to Day 3, the final day, of our ...
October Rubber Stamp and Die Release

Over the last 2 days we have showcased 18*BRAND NEW* red rubber stamps/stamp sets, 3 new Clearly Whimsy clear sets, and 2 Shapeology Die Sets. All of these new products are available to buy from the Whimsy Stamps store and from selected Whimsy Stamps retailers.
Our design team members have created amazing cards and projects featuring these new goodies, we hope you have enjoyed the hops over the last 2 days. Today, we have more inspiration to share and we hope you will hop along with us for the last chance to win a Whimsy Gift Voucher during our October release.
--------------------------------------
And today I wanted to share with you even MORE fun I've been having with the
So check it out....
I think this "Reindeer Magic" image by Krista Heij-Barber is so fun to color!
(*Don't forget that if you don't want the kit, you can purchase just the rubber stamp if you want!*)
For this Christmas card, I've decided to make a fun easel style design.  If I make Christmas cards early enough, I don't feel overwhelmed and fall to basic simple design...so it's always fun to mix it up a bit.  This way I feel like I can give out different an unique Christmas cards...especially if I have a certain person in mind when making them...makes it so much more fun to create this way! :)

So I have used ALL items including the paper, ribbon and sequins along with the image of course from the kit!  I love how I don't have to think about what I have to "go with" my design when it's all right there in front of me and it matches up with the papers in front of me!  Makes it more enjoyable to create with I think!

And when the card is closed up flat without the fold, here's what the front looks like:
I really fell in love with those plaid design papers from this kit!  I think it makes this happy little guy stand out so nice!  I thought it would be fun to add some glossy accents to his nose and I've got his bells colored with a gold gel pen.  I even took some chucky glitter to make it look as if he's getting ready to land on the snow covered roof! :)
And now I'm doing a happy dance because I got yet another Christmas project done ahead of time thanks to being able to create with this fun kit!!

So....did you miss the very first day of this blog hop?!!
Don't miss the fun inspiration along with the tutorial videos that I showed on Wednesday!
CLICK HERE to be taken to that post or scroll down.

Here are a few extra "close-up" views of the other cards I made from the kit that I showed a glimpse of in my post from Wednesday:
I have been asked how I put this one together:
EVERYTHING with the exception of the coloring & black card stock was from the card kit!!
So I took the Christmas lights border die from the kit and cut it out with black card stock and then cut it out again with the white card stock from the kit.  Then I cut the bottom portion of the light bulbs off from the black piece.  I took the white border piece and colored each bulb in whatever color I wanted with markers.  I attached the black cut border piece over top of the colored bulbs so that they look like colored lights.  After attaching them to the card base, I took some chalk and rubbed the matching colors over top of them to make them look like they're glowing!  And of course the sentiment is also from the kit as well!  I just attached some rhinestones to the center of the snowflakes.
----------------------------------------------

And here's another card I made with the Crissy Armstrong "Christmas Giraffe" stamp that you can choose with your kit.  So CUTE!!!  I had fun coloring this guy in as well!
The stamp comes with a few lines at the bottom of the stamp already.  I chose to take my Copic liner pen and extend the "snow lines" to cover the bottom of my card so it looks like a snowy landing for him to stand on.  I have used all card stock included in the kit for this as well as the sentiment strip at the top of the card.

And here is a closer look at the details from this image:
I have used some blue chalk again to go around the outside of the image.  I then took my Stickles glue to add "dots" for the snow fall.  I even covered the Christmas light on the giraffe with some glossy accents and his hat trimming with heated liquid applique.  The star as well as the snow covered ground were covered with my Wink of Stella glitter pen for a nice shimmer.

Hope that you have enjoyed my creations during the blog hop made with the 
Thanks so much for stopping by and please check out my videos if you haven't yet already!
Scroll down to the post below or CLICK HERE to see them!
------------------------------------------

PRIZE ALERT ... We have hidden a fabulous prize of a $15 GIFT CERTIFICATE at two of the stops on today’s hop! We will draw the lucky winners from the comments left here and on today’s design team posts (listed below), so be sure to visit everyone and leave a comment at every stop to be entered into the draw. 

Here is a list of the Blog Hop stops in case you get lost along the way:
Start and end here:  Whimsy Inspirations Blog
You are here! >>>Vicki Parson <<<You are here!

The winners from each of our 3 release day hops will be drawn and posted on Monday, October 19th. Be sure to join us and leave your comments by 8am ET on Monday for a chance to win!


Thanks for dropping by. Happy hopping!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
For Reindeer Easel Card ONLY:
Crafty Creations - no blue
Penny's Paper - easel cards
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Early Holiday Wishes 4 Kids
Just Add Ink - Fancy Fold
Winter Wonderland - Christmas with a Ribbon

47 comments:

Deb said...

Totally gorgeous Vicki, love his shiny red nose! Debxx

Chrissy said...

Oh!he is so cute and love his red nose and sparkly snow Vicki..love your card fold too..adorable card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Glennis said...

Love your cute reindeer with his shiny nose!

jimlynn said...

More cute, cute cards! Love the easel card and that happy little deer. The giraffe card is too adorable! How fun! Looks like a wonderful kit!
Lynn

MalinJson said...

Looove Rudolf! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful cards! LOVE the easel card- and the lights-especially the way you shadowed them. Darling giraffe- such a cute, cute release!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful cards! LOVE the easel card- and the lights-especially the way you shadowed them. Darling giraffe- such a cute, cute release!!!

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous cards
love them all
have a nice day

Dee Earnshaw said...

Just gorgeous - love the easel little reindeer card and how you made the christmas light look like they are glowing:)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous easel card and love the glowing red nose and fabulous lights -great effect
Carol x

Renae said...

Very cute cards!

Tammy said...

Too too adorable, love the reindeer and the glittered snow is awesome! Your other examples are all fantastic! I especially like the lights!

Asha said...

Oh my word!!! Totally, utterly CUTE! the more I look at the giraffe, the more I LOVE the little guy... all tangled up in lights. That is just too adorable. Have a fab weekend, my friend!
hugs, Asha

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Lovely!!

Wendy said...

All so gorgeous, love them all.
Wendy xx

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

Tammy said...

This is sooo cute Vicki!! That little reindeer is adorable and I love his shiny nose, fabulous design and what an awesome fold! Love the close ups of the other two cards, fantastic glow on the lights! Enjoy your weekend my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

What a great kit love that cute reindeer and your two other gorgeous designs they are all stunning love and hugs Carole x

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, you've been busy. These are fantastic. I love the Christmas lights die.

Aileen (mum) said...

Wonderful cards Vicki, love the little bit of glow behind the coloured lights and that wonderful reindeer.

Céline said...

this is so cute !!!
hugs
céline

Margreet said...

He is só cute Vicki...great cardshape too!
Your other cards are also gorgeous.
Wishing you a happy weekend!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Stunningly beautiful. Love it all.xx
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Christine Blain said...

Your reindeer easel card is adorable, Vicki. I love the colours and papers, and the fun that the sequins add to the design. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

Lisa J said...

These are all lovely, I adore the reindeer one! Lisa x

Adrianne Fane-Hervey said...

fab, fab card

Crafty EllenH. said...

Wouw!!! I love that first card, he is so cute!!!
& I really need to learn how to use my snow pen, like you do on the Giraffe: I just love that effect!!

Donna said...

Your reindeer is just adorable, beautifully displayed and colored Vicki, enjoyed all three of your cards!

Amy Cohen said...

All of these cards are stunning- you are a very talented artist. The glossy accents on the reindeer nose is awesome...and the glitter snow- perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Mary Marin said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards!

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, these are all wonderful!!! I love the images and your awesome coloring and card design. The reindeer is my fave - his face is wonderful and your card shape is perfect. Well done. Hugz

Julie Curtis said...

Precious!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh dear you are so busy made these lovely xmas cards.
My fav is the first n the third one the image is so so cuttte I love them and your coloring amazing I always say it but its true...
Great post Vicki..
Chek your mail please..I send you something..
Hugs
Monika

Pia S said...

What a cute set of cards! Your reindeer has such a great red, glossy nose and nice sparkly details.
I really like the card with the lights too, love it's simple and colorful design, very decorative and festive.
And your third one is so sweet, it's an image which is cute and detailed enough to stand alone without much embellishments and your simple layout I think is really clever.

Rochelle Blok said...

Such a super cute card Vicki! The colouring on your reindeer is just beautiful and that glossy red nose just makes it all a little bit cute! Love the colours and your fantastic fancy fold! Might have to give that one a go! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh what a fabulous fun fold shaker card you've created! I love this sweet reindeer and the fabulous papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week!

KimB said...

They are all gorgeous cards Vicki. The plaid papers really do suit that super cute reindeer!I love all the sparkly bits you added and of course his shiny nose!Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Patti J said...

So glad I don't have to choose a favorite! These are all so sweet, Vicki! Love them and so glad I have you to inspire me! Hugs...

Davi said...

Wow Vicki, these are some awesome cards!! I love the way you did the Christmas lights with the glow around the, really pretty! The Little giraffe is darling and the snowy background and fuzzy hat is perfect with him! The reindeer one is wonderful! Love the plaid and the shimmery bells! His glowy nose is too fun!

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness all your cards are just adorable!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love his shiny nose and the sparkly snow, and those glowing lights are perfect!

Regina said...

Vicki, what a brilliantly designed reindeer card! The giraffe card is adorable! Gorgeous images and you coloured to perfection!
hugs Regina

Donna K said...

LOVE all three of these! I like the close ups of the ones from your previous day post. Very fun to see your details and man...your coloring is amazing! That easel card is beyond cute too. Love his fun chunky nose! Lovely work, Vicki!!

Team Clark said...

This is such an amazing bunch of awesome Christmas cards! I just love the top pop up card, how very cute!

Creations by Shirl said...

Those cards makes me smile.... you are amazing!

Rhonda Miller said...

These are all wonderful cards. That reindeer is so cute.

Patricia St Martin said...

Gorgeous all of them.
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...