"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Ahoy Matey! Anything Goes in November!

Hello friends!
------------------------------
Just wanted to take a moment to share my heartfelt condolences for those affected by the Paris attacks.  Our thoughts are with you.
------------------

I have a reminder post to share with you about the month long challenge this month over at
CRAFT ROCKET CHALLENGES
Throughout this month of November, there is a special "anything goes" challenge.
*Don't forget that there is still a couple of days left to enter the current "pearls/gems" challenge too!*
There is also a special sponsor joining us for this challenge with a chance to win a prize!

Fabrika Fantasty will be giving out a fabulous prize, so be sure to play along with us in case you've missed it or forgot about it!  This is a fairly new shop and they have some really fun and unique critters in there, so be sure to check it out!

They were kind enough to provide the design team with some images to play with and here's what I've decided to make with the image I chose:
I saw this fun guy and he just made me smile!  This is the Pirate Parrot - 1 digital stamp.  Although you can get the pre-colored version, I really enjoyed coloring him in myself!

I have used my Copic markers to color him and then for the parts on the sword I have used a gold gel pen.  I have also added some Wink of Stella glitter to the skull and cross bones on his belt.
For the background, I've just used some Kraft card stock for both layers.  I stamped the skull and cross bones image as the same one that I've used on the bottom of the card front from The Alley Way stamp set I had from my stash.  (Sad I just saw that the store is closing.  There is a liquidation sale going on if you're interested.)  The sentiment on the stitched cloud border is from the same set.

I masked off the everything on the card front except for the bottom portion of it to sponge some ink for the "sand" that the pirate is standing on.  I've also sponged some light blue ink over the stitched clouds and popped up one of them for dimension.  The pirate was fussy cut and popped up with foam tape.  I just took the card front and distressed around the edges a bit before assembling it to my card base.

I hope he makes you smile too!! ;)  I thought this would be such a fun card for a little boy's birthday, but I have plans to send it along to a children's charity that will hopefully make someone smile over there too!

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Fantastic Tuesday - Anything Goes with a Twist:  Beging with 'B' - BIRD
Penny's Paper - 3 of Something (3 clouds)
Cute Card Thursday - Birds/Animals


20 comments:

Deepti said...

This is fabulous Vicki :) you rock in coloring your images !!

Jennifer Bradley said...

Hi Vicki what a fabulous card, that image is just adorable and I love your colouring. Gorgeous design and thanks of sharing with us in our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we hope you will join us again soon. Jennifer DT member x

nwilliams6 said...

Your coloring on that great image is soooooo fun! This card screams fun!!! I went to a pirate comedy play last night on a river boat and this reminds me of it. Fun, fun, fun! Hugz

Dmitry L said...

Very nice card for a boy and great coloring! Thank you, Vicki!

jimlynn said...

SO FUN! Love that coloring on this little guy. Cute, cute, and fun card.
Lynn

Lisa J said...

Such a fabulous card. Your coloring is wonderful! Lisa x

Pia S said...

I love this one! The colorful image looks fantastic against the kraft background and the clouds and sentiment are great finishing touches. It's really cool.

Bad Kitty said...

Wonderful card
have a nice day
hugs
>^.^<

Stampsnob. said...

As a villain I think he failed too dang cute.........Lis

Donna Ellis said...

Darling card, Vicki! Fantastically bright colors, and wonderful scene! Hugs, de

Aileen (mum) said...

Vicki love this card, this pirate is so neat. Your colouring of him is brilliant and the layout, someone will be getting one fantastic card. Yeah I saw Alley Way was closing and went shopping which nearly broke the bank being converted from the Aussie Dollar but I realised I couldnt wait any longer to get what I wanted. So sad it has to happen as it really appears to be a popular company.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh dear- this image is soooo cute! Love this fun and darling card!

Tammy said...

So cute, I love that image and your coloring is gorgeous!!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Your parrot is an absolute hoot, love how you've colored him! Great card Vicki!

Monika Reeck said...

oui so so cuute!!!
the Pirate Parrot digital stamp sooo great colored Vickiiii
I love this card
funny image
color combo perfecto
and great for boys or manly card
the Kraft paper use is perfecto
love love love this card

Kim Kutie said...

Cute card and I love the image. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous, fun card Vicki I love that image and the brilliant colours you have used, ACE make
hugs
lorraine x

Creations by Shirl said...

You did this image super cute... love love it!

Dawn Frost said...

LOL he is amazing, I love him! As always great colouring Vicki!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fun image and fabulous colouring
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...