"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Blues and Golds for {Cupcake Inspirations}

Hello friends!
Hope that you have all enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend!
I always enjoy spending time with my family and enjoying good food!  So now it's time to get in gear for the Christmas Season, right?!

Here to share with you a new challenge over at
{Cupcake Inspirations}
This week we have a beautiful color combination:
So please use the colors:  Aquamarine, Midnight & Gold on your creations this week

We also have a wonderful sponsor joining us with week as well
The winner of this challenge will receive 2 images of choice!
So be sure to play along for your chance to win!

The team was kindly provided some images to use for this challenge, so here's what I've come up with for the colors:
I have used the darling image called Happy Christmas Little Star.  I opened the image with Photoshop on my computer and took off the set of presents on it before printing it out on some Copic Blending Card.   I used some Stitched Rectangle dies to cut out the image as well as the Navy colored card stock piece I've used for layering my design. There is also a layer of brushed gold card stock in between the two.  I took some gold ribbon to wrap around two corners before attaching these two layers onto the aqua colored card base.

Here is a closer look at the image:
I have used my Copic markers and a gold gel pen to color in my image.  I added some gold dots around her dress.  I covered her wings with some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.

The star ornament was colored in with the gold gel pen and then I added a piece of gold thread to make a bow to attach to the top of the star ornament.  I have also used some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink with my ink foam blending tool to go around the edge of the image panel.

I hope that you've enjoyed my creation today and please stop by the challenge blog to see all of the inspiration from the rest of the design team!  We look forward to seeing you creations!
Thanks for stopping by!! See you soon!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Crafting by Designs - Get Ready for Christmas
Fab 'n Funky - Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

36 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh that really is such a sweet image!! And it is just so beautifully colored. What a wonderful Christmas card.

VanessaB said...

Wow. So beautiful

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous design and love the cute image.xx
 { aNNie}

Creations by Shirl said...

Stunning Vicki! Love the coloring and the pretty image!

creationsnz said...

Sweet card, beautiful colouring

Becca Cruger said...

I've said it once and I'll say it again - your coloring skills are divine!! Seriously I just wanna squeal after seeing this adorable fairy. So cute!!

Olga Jewell said...

The card is gorgeous and she is adorable!!!!

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card
cute image
have a nice day
hugs
>^.^<

Lori Kobular said...

Love this adorable card! That fairy image is so sweet!

Margreet said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card. Your coloring is fantastic, Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Jerrie said...

This card is so dreamy and whimsical! Great job coloring and anyone would LOVE to receive this card in the mail!!

Davi said...

Gorgeous Vicki~~ I love the sweet image and the way you colored her! The shading and layers of pretty colors show her off perfectly :) Have a super week!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colouring Vicki and the image is so sweet..love this..a gorgeous CAS design..

luv CHRISSYxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

She's so sweet Vicki!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Tammy said...

Sweet card and I love your ribbon treatment! I love ribbon and just seem to have gotten away from using it!

Carol L said...

She's such a cutie and I love all the layers and stitched panels. The narrow ribbon finished this card off perfectly :)

Rahmat said...

I simply love that dress, and you have colored it so perfectly gorgeous Vicki, all the colors have come together so beautifully.

laurie said...

Oh my oh my! This is so sweet!!!

Jenna ♥ said...

Super cute card, Vicki!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is a little beauty I love, love that gorgeous image also the colours and wonderful card design
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki! I love that adorable image and you've colored her beautifully, gorgeous colors too!
Hugs, Tammy

Céline said...

so pretty, love the golden/blue combo
hugs
céline

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic match to the challenge color combo, Vicki! Adorable ballerina and I love how you turned it into a Christmas card. Beautiful gold cord.

Deepti said...

This is adorable and your coloring is jaw dropping...

Asha said...

Aaaaw....so cute! A certain little lady is going to be very pleased to receive this card. Don't you just LOVE that colour combo.
hugs Asha

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this color combo- and your coloring- amazing! Beautiful card.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! The image is so sweet and you've coloured it beautifully as always.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, Vicki! This little sweetie looks like she could walk off the card! What a beautiful, and realistic job of coloring you've done! Love this!!!

Mac Mable said...

Great use of photo-shop and your colouring in is gorgeous. Such a cute card x

Sandy said...

Very very pretty Vicki! Love your Hanukkah cards too.

Sue said...

She is so gorgeous, fabulous coloring. Love the inked area at the bottom.

Hugs
Sue

cm said...

I'm running behind in comments *again* (although I did sneak 'ahead' to congratulate you on that sweet little treasure who has entered your lives!). Your fairy is stunning..gorgeous...lovely! Cute AND classy, Vicki...such an inspiration!
Hugs~c

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautifully coloured image and ribbon across the corners
Carol x

Call me Naki said...

WOW! Your coloring is AMAZING!!! Such a sweet, beautiful card! Gold really pops against your soft colors!

Dawn Frost said...

Oh she is adorable I LOVE that bunny!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

It's very beautiful card.
Happy New Year 2016.
Hugs,
BożenA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...