"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Bring on the {CUP}CAKE!

(This is my second post for today, please scroll down or CLICK HERE to see my Craft Rocket Challenge post!) - Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello friends!
I hope you are still enjoying your last bit of the weekend that's left!  I have enjoyed my time in the stamp studio and was able to get many things done!  Yay!

So today is Sunday so that means another yummy challenge over at
{Cupcake Inspirations}
This week we have a delicious color combo for you to try out:
I thought this was such a gorgeous color combination and I enjoyed the inspiration photo too! :)
So use the pretty colors shown here:  "ballet", "butter" & "coral"

We have the fabulous sponsor:
And they are giving out a $15 gift certificate to the winner!!
So be sure to come and play along with us for your chance to win!! :)

Of course they were kind enough to give the DT some images to play with and here's what I've chosen to do with the color combo:
I thought I'd play around a bit with the colors in different ways, so I've done some coloring as well as some watercoloring for my card design here.
I've used the Autumn Birth Flower Cupcakes for my cupcake image and I've matched up the challenge colors with my Copics to color it in.  I've got it popped up with foam squares over my "nest" of gold thread.

For the watercolor, I've used a mask to mask off everything on the front of the card except for the rectangle shape.  I used my Kuretake Gansi Tambi watercolors to swirl around colors that I thought would match up with the design.  I've added a bit more water to lighten it all up a bit.  It might be hard to see in the photo, but I've also used that gorgeous gold watercolor included in that set.  The sentiment was stamped with MFT Licorice Black Hybrid ink and the sentiment also comes from MFT called Delicious Birthday.  (I thought it went well with the cupcake! LOL!)

Here is a closer look at the details:
Here you can better see where all of the gold details come in.
I have used a gold gel pen to make "dots" on the cupcake flower and here you can better see where I've also added my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to the frosting on the cupcake.
You can also see spots of the gold watercolor in the rectangle too.

So I hope you will hop on over to the
challenge blog to play along with us this week!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks so much for dropping in today!
I'll see you again soon with a fun video!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Fab 'n' Funky - Clean and Simple
Time Out - CASE a card - (both are gorgeous cards!)
Brown Sugar - No patterned papers
Just Us Girls - watercolor

28 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Vicki that background you created is simply amazing
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Asha said...

Oh yummmm! Delicous cupcake at sunrise... that's a dream come true for me. LOVE the watercoloured area... stunning blend of colours. Have a blessed Sunday, friend!
hugs Asha

aussie aNNie said...

Vicki, yummy scrummy card..xxx { aNNie}

sandie said...

That gold water colour is fabulous, I didn't know you could get that, what a gorgeous look. The cupcake looks yummy and a great CASE of Karen's card. Thanks for joining us at Time Out x

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful!!! Love the bg and that gorgeous cupcake. Wow!!! Love this. Hugz

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous watercolour background, Vicki, and a wonderful cupcake. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit

MiamiKel said...

Splendid card design, Vicki! This is a gorgeous array of color, just bursting like a sunset and a beautiful focal image against the whiteness of the white cardstock. And the cupcake - YUMMY!! Beautifully colored to match on point! Lovely little glitzy sprinkles - this is just the best ♥

Gerrina said...

Great panal and the tread really works for bringing it all together! Thank you for taking TIME OUT and share with us!

jimlynn said...

It shines and is so pretty! Love the watercoloring on this Vicki!
CAS and beautiful.
Lynn

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card
have a nice day
hugs
>^.^<

Joyce said...

This is so pretty, and I love that cupcake with a flower on top. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so pretty. I love how you colored the image.

Shelly Schmidt said...

The colors are so very pretty- love the technique too. That cupcake looks delicious : )

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous colors and fabulous shimmer!! What beautiful work, Vicki!

Maria Levine said...

I love that watercolored rectangle looks great on the card with the cupcake. Great shimmer! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

Pia S said...

I love how you've created your own design taking inspiration from several sources. That's something I love to do too. Beautiful version of the case card, watercoloring and lovely color combo!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful CAS card Vicki! I love that fun cupcake image and your gorgeous watercolored panel!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Love the looks of the cupcake. The background is perfect too!

Monika Reeck said...

the Autumn Birth Flower Cupcakes is stunning
and coloring so adorable
that watercolor BG I loooveee it much Vicki
agree with Asha
my dream come trough looks so dreammy and yummy your card
love the twine gold too
great card again my friend

Céline said...

stunning, love the colors
hugs
céline

cm said...

Vicki, I need some of your abundant creativity to rub off on me, because WOW! You've created a stunning card with the Autumn cupcake! The panel, the cupcake, the shimmer...absolutely dreamy! In awe...
Hugs~c

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous w/c panel -- that touch of gold is awesome - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Vicki I knew I was behind with commenting but you have so many awesome posts and this one is no exception I love the cup cake image also the lovely colours a pure delight to see
hugs
lorraine x

Creations by Shirl said...

Scrumptious cupcake and love the watercoloring colors in the background~

Lo Scatolone di Dodò said...

Nice card! Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge this week!
Good luck!
Giada DT

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous watercoloring, Vicki! Love the sparkle and the image.

Call me Naki said...

*GASP* This is SO gorgeous! I don't think I have any other word to describe this beauty...GORGEOUS!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the Autumn flower cupcake and fabulous watercolour background
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...