"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Calling All Bears

Hello friends! :)
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far!

Just popping in to share the new challenge with you over at
{Cupcake Inspirations}

For this challenge, we would like to see some "Bears"!
How cute are those cupcake bears?!  :)  Be sure to hop on over to the challenge and check out the rest of the "bear inspired" projects from the design team and enter your creation to play along with us!
We cant' wait to see what you all come up with!

We also have a sponsor joining us for this challenge:
Crafty Sentiments Designs
They will be giving 3 digital images of the winner's choice!  So come play along for your chance to win or become part of the "Sweet Six" picks! :)

Our sponsor was kind enough to provide the team with some images to work with so here's what I've come up with for the challenge:
I have taken this sweet image from the Couples digital image and colored in just the teddy bear portions of the image.  I fussy cut out the bears and attached them over top of some stitched snow slopes that I die cut out with some stitched border dies.  I've used the MFT Stitched Basic Edges to cut out all of the "snow slopes".

For the blue sky background, I've used some Distress Inks and my foam blending tool with the darkest color at the top.  I then used my white gel pen to add a few stars...or even falling snow if you want to look at it in that way! :)  The single silver star was cut out using MFT Lucky Stars die set with some MFT silver foil card stock which I've glued above the bears in the sky.

The sentiment below the bears comes from an older Stampin' Up! set called Home For Christmas that I have embossed with white EP on a Navy piece of card stock strip.
I have also layered the bear panel with the silver foil card stock and another piece of Navy card stock.  I then took some craft foam and mounted it on the back before I attached it to the card base which was assembled the same way as the bear panel.

Hope you've enjoyed my "Christmas Bears" creation today!
Thanks for joining me!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Freshly Made Sketches: (FMS213)

City Crafter - Color Inspiration


Simon Says Stamp - Christmas

Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes + Sentiment

35 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Cuteness ++, love these images and the inspiration is awesome.xx
 { aNNie}

Donna said...

Hey Vicki, hope you're enjoying the snow over there...just a frosty day here in the UK! Your card is adorable, such cute little bears and I love the nighttime backbround you have created...fab layering too with the dies! :) Donna ♥ x

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my this so very sweet!! That background is gorgeous!!

Donna said...

Love this card! What a perfect couples card, I like bears and this is such a sweet image for anniversary or so many things, I like your colors and the scene you created Vicki!

Margreet said...

Awwwww, so cute.....great layout and coloring!
xxx Margreet

Sarah said...

Aaaaaaah, so cute xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Vicki..love the cute image and the gorgeous sky with the sprinkling of stars..fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe love this image, so darn cute with the perfect nigh sky and stars. Simply sweet. Have a fabulous week. and bless Thanksgiving.
Hugs

Sandy said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE LOVE LOVE the sky background.
Sandy

Pia S said...

Ah! What a fabulous starry sky. It's so admirable what you achieve with your inks, love this card so much, super take on the sketch!!

Bad Kitty said...


very pretty
love the backround
>^.^<

Amy O said...

Very sweet! I love the pretty blue background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week

Tammy said...

Awww this is so CUTE Vicki! I love that sweet image and your fabulous sky, the stars look awesome!!
Hugs, Tammy

~ginny said...

Great take on the sketch Vicki - and that blue sky you created is sooo well blended - it is beautiful! I like the layering you have done with the images framed and mounted on an identical base card treatment! Very creative! Thank you for sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments for our ATG + a Sentiment challenge!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

cm said...

Vicki, I'm completely in love with the way you've showcased the darling bear couple! The wintry scene, the framing, the fussy cutting...absolutely marvelous! Your colouring of the bears is so impressive; did you use copics? In awe...your creativity blows me away!
Hugs~c

Monika Reeck said...

Pure cute
loovee this cute teddy image
and you have adorable Distress Ink Vicki may I know which blues are they ?
you blended sooo soft and between two colors I cant decided the meeting point..my sponging is still bad you can see the meeting point of two colors hehe
Cuuute card and I love the way you used the sketch CLEVER!
hugs
Monika

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this sweet image!! Beautiful sky and snowy slopes! A wonderful Christmas design, Vicki!

crafty-stamper said...

aaaawww love the cute image and starry sky
Carol x

Stella said...

Cute and adorable. And so so sweet. That;s what I thought when I looked at your gorgeous card. Spot on our theme! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

Céline said...

fabulous design !!!
i would love to know create c&s cards like you
hugs
céline

Sue said...

Vicki, this is one of those awwww cards, such sweet little bears. Love the blue so pretty.

Hugs
Sue

laurie said...

I just LOVE this Vicki! You make such awesome cards!

Diane said...

Absolutely precious design Vicki.

Hugs Diane

Jen Timko said...

These bears are totally adorable! Wonderful card. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, can this by any cuter! What a darling card, Vicki! Love the painted sky, and how these cuties are just dreaming of winter wonders :) Gorgeous in every way! inky hugs!

Asha said...

Awww.... this is the kind card that makes me feel warm and gooey inside. That is love on a card... and I'm not just referring to the cupcakes! :)
hugs Asha

Tammy said...

Wonderful card, truly speaks love!

coldwaters2 said...

Awwww what an adorable, cute card I love, love it
hugs
lorraine x

jenn shurkus said...

this is the sweetest :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! I just love the wishing star in the sky too!

nwilliams6 said...

Would be next to impossible to be any sweeter or cuter than this! Grabbed my heart!!! Wonderfully done. Hugz

Patti J said...

Cutest card ever! Loving everything about it! Makes my heart say 'awwww'! My hubby would puffy heart this one! Thanks for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, my, what sweet little bears, Vicki! Perfect coloring and they really make an adorable Christmas card. Way to go, girlfriend. :-D

VanessaB said...

Ohmygoodness that is sweet. Beautiful coloring

Jennifer Greco said...

just gorgeous. absolute perfection! love the seamless background across the layers. thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments, good luck!
Jennifer, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...