"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, November 1, 2015

{Cupcake Inspirations} Color Combo Challenge!

Hello friends!
Hope you've enjoyed Halloween however you've chosen to spend it!
I had a great evening with hubby and just stayed in and relaxed by watching movies!

Today starts a brand new challenge over at
{CUPCAKE INSPIRATIONS}
This week we have a yummy color combo for you to try:
The selection of cupcake colors are:  rose, white and navy!
I think this is a great combo to use for pretty much any occasion that you have!  I have actually come up with a totally different idea for my design below.

We also have a wonderful sponsor joining us for this week too:
Dilly Beans

The winner of this challenge will receive 3 digital images!  So be sure to play along for your chance to win or become one of our "Sweet Six" picks!! :)

The sponsor was kind enough to share some images for the design team to work with and here's what I've decided to do with it:
I have used this adorable image called Penguin Framed.
I have decided to color in the image using the above color combo for the challenge on my image.  I wasn't sure about making the penguin features with navy colors, but I think it turned out pretty nice!  I added some rosey cheeks and used my white gel pen for highlights.  I've also added some Stickles glitter to the heart on the penguin,  I took a Whimsy Stamps stamp set called Christmas Greetings to stamp some snowflakes along the edge of the penguin frame as well as the sentiment under the Polaroid frame.  I actually just took the image and made mine own Polaroid frame with it.

I decided I wanted to add a bit more to it, so I took some white twine and made a bow over top of the Polaroid frame and added a snowflake sequins with a glittery dot in the center.

Hope you've enjoyed my creation today!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Fab 'N' Funky - Christmas
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper - Anything Goes
Time Out - Christmas with optional pink and/or purple
Winter Wonderland - Anything Goes (Christmas)

31 comments:

Tanja said...

this is so lovely - the rosey cheeks are so cute - sendings hugs

Asha said...

That is a super colour combo for Christmas. Its different, it's fun and just a little cheeky too! I am referring to the penguin! Great make, my friend.
hugs Asha

Alanna said...

Your penguin is adorable. Awesome coloring.

Chrissy said...

What a neat penguin Vicki..love the colour combo and his rosy pink cheeks with the sparkly snowflakes and the twine..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Margreet said...

What a great image and what a fab coloring Vicki!
xxx Margreet

sandie said...

If we want the penguin to have a blue nose why not! And it does work perfectly as he is cold-right. I love your colouring and this combo is fab and so good for our challenge to. Great to see you at TO

jimlynn said...

This is one big snowman - and as cute as can be! Love the color combination and your coloring! Cute, cute, and fun card!
Lynn

Carol L said...

That image is just adorable, and I love that it's slightly tilted on the card front! Great coloring too!

Anita in France said...

What a cutie, Vicki ... brilliant detailing ... and the tilted polaroid panel is fabulous with this adorable penguin's delightful whimsical look! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

NanaConnie said...

WOW, what a fantastic job with that color combo, Vicki! Darling card for Christmas and I adore the penguin.

Pia S said...

Is this cute or what!! Love the simple layout, so effective with this large image and I love that you kept it minimalistic embellishment wise. Super cute and so well colored!

Sarah said...

Absolutely love, love, love this card Vicki!! Such a lovely penguin and fantastic colours!! xx

Monika Reeck said...

ooo cuuuteee
Love this cute penguin Image
and he is in pink and blue ooh ooohh
I cant resist I want to kiss this card
sooo cuuutee Vicki
I ADORE THIS
hugs, Monika

Patricia St Martin said...

You and those yummy cupcakes that look so good. Love the penguin in blue, I think the darker or navy worked out really well. The snowflakes in the background are nice. Love the pink, the sparkles and your wonderful frame. Great idea.
Hugs Pat

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my goodness SO cute Vicki!!! Love your coloring!!

Tammy said...

Just fabulous Vicki, love that the image is the card!

cm said...

EEEE..Vicki, this is seriously one of the totally cutest penguins EVER! The navy suits him (or her?) wonderfully, while the rose scarf and hat are simply darling! The snowflakes and the wee heart are such charming special touches! So thrilled to be part of the Cupcake team; already inspired about how to add 'little things' to images to make them pop (like those sweet little rosy cheeks I want to pinch!)!
Hugs~c

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute image. I just love your card.

aussie aNNie said...

Such a cute card Vicki, love the challenge colours too.xx
{The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Michelle said...

What a cute image and love the colors! And a great card as well! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge this week. Hope to see you back again soon :)

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Fab take on your photo inspiration. Love that Dilly Beans image. Fab card design too. Thanks so much for joining in my Christmas challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. Love what you did for the challenge. Big hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun card with this delightful well-bundled penguin selfie! I love it, Vicki!

MiamiKel said...

Super cute card, my friend! Love the pink and blue - a unique color combo for the holidays! And I know you love those penguins :) Beautiful work, as always! ♥ *hugs!*

Tammy said...

Adorable card Vicki! I love that super cute Penquin and the beautiful color combo!
Hugs, Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

Love love love this what a perfect Christmas card its fabulous love and hugs Carole x

CaroleAnn said...

Just so cute. Love the blue on the penguin - great looking. Wonderful happy feel to this image and the snowflake touches are perfect!

Indy said...

I love how large the image is! It looks super cute and super fun!!
:)
debbie

Susan (rainy) said...

This is adorable! These colors are so fun with this image! Love the white twine bow with that cute little snowflake, too.

Regina said...

This card is just so very cheerful and the image is just adorable!
sending big hugs
Regina

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wowwww... this is so wonderful and sweet... lovely design.

Hugs Anja

Call me Naki said...

Wow, this is so simple but has such an impact! I absolutely love this beautiful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...