"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

He's My Hero!

Hello friends!

Just wanted to pop in here this morning real quick with the card that I had created for my hubby's birthday which was Sunday as you may have noted in my last post.

I have so many posts to share with you this week and I still have many crafty things going on "behind the scenes" here, so I will need to get right back to it and will stop and visit with you all as soon as I get a moment to do so! :)

So for now, I will share this fun birthday card for my hero:
I've had this scene in my mind and was happy with how it turned out.
I've used that super cute stamp set that was a limited time at Simon Says Stamp designed by Mama Elephant called "Super Duo".  There is one similar by Mama Elephant called Tiny Heros.

So this front card panel is completely one layer.
I first started out my making the city scape line by embossing the image in black and then went over behind it with some gray ink.
I added the colored "super hero" in the middle and colored him with my Copic markers.  I added some "swoosh" lines to make it look like he's flying up through the sky over the water and city scape.

The background was done with chalk as well as a light touch below the city scape and some very faint blue for the water.  I wanted it to look different than the dark blue sky color.  Then I added some gold dazzles sticker lines at the bottom.

Here you can better see the details in the design with the coloring and embossing.
I stamped the stars from the set at the top and then colored them in with my gold gel pen as well as portions of his outfit.  After adding the chalk to the background, I took a white gel pen to add a few more "stars" to the sky.

The sentiment comes from an old Gina K. Designs set that I've had for a long time.

Yes, hubby said he loved my card and it's setting up in our living room with the others. :)

Thanks for stopping by this morning!
Please stay tuned in today, I will have another post coming to share a new challenge with you!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Creative Craft Cottage - Anything Goes

Addicted to CAS - hero


30 comments:

Margreet said...

Your hubby must have been very pleased that you made him such a heroic card...super!
xxx Margreet

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi Vicki,
Sorry, I have missed a couple of your fabulous cards!
That Hero card is amazing! I love the effect you have created there and of course your attention to details is always amazing! What a little treasure indeed. I'm happy to hear that hubby does appreciate your art, mine as confessed to me that as long his cards were funny he didn't care whether they were handmade or not!
Hugs~

Renee Butchart said...

What a great card for your "hero"! It really does look like he is taking off into the wild blue yonder.
Hugs, Renee

Deb said...

This is fantastic Vicki, I love that little hero and the city scape looks amazing! hugs Debxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

So cute it looks Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Vicki..love the cityscape with it's fabulous shadow and the image is really cute and coloured beautifully..he really does look like he is zooming off into the sky..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

Super cute, added bonus that hubby loves it too!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh how brilliant this is Vicki your hubby must have been thrilled with it ACE card
hugs
lorraine x

Sarah said...

Aaaaaaah what a lovely card for your hero xx

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant fun card love the cute image and skyline with the shadow effect,belated happy birthday to your Hero
Carol x

Pia S said...

A perfect card for the man in your life. I love how you designed this, especially the faint buildings in the background and the stripes, which add a feeling of movement. You've paid great attention to the details!

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw his one cutie pootie! Love the image Vicki, I'm sure hubby loved his card too. That is one cute scene you created..... Love your creativity!

aussie aNNie said...

Must have missed this. Happy belated birthday wishes to hubby and what a fabulous card...cutie.xx { aNNie}

Judy V said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage!

Céline said...

so fun card
hugs
céline

Anja Curvers said...

Such a great card love it. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Bad Kitty said...

great card
love this cute stars
have a nice day

Patti J said...

Love this, Vicki! That superhero has the best coloring ever! Great job, as always - keep inspiring me!!! Hugs...

jimlynn said...

So cute and fun! Love the 'in flight' look.
Lynn

Carol L said...

It's just genius how you added the whooshes of air that are propelling this little hero up into the air! I never would have thought to do that, but what a clever use of your Copics!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love the motion/action you added with the coloring and the layered skyline!

Sue said...

Oh how cute, Vicki. I have several "Little boy" friends that I know would love this card. The city scape looks fabulous too.

Hugs
Sue

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Vickiiii
he is so cuuute
love how you colored his hair and how the effect showed that he just start to fly wooooww
and that skyscraper emboss in black is cool
love the star in gold
cute cute card
I love this

Gerrina said...

Think this is a super hero-card! Love the cityskype! Thanks for joining at Addicted to CAS! Gerrina GDT

Asha said...

Aaaaaw! Love the little guy in his super-duper underpants! Great job with the cityscape bg. Very cleverly done, Miss Smarty Pants! Guess that makes you a super hero too! :D
hugs Asha

Sonia said...

Just gorgeous!!! i love how you layered the embossing and stamping for the cityscape!! Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We're so glad you joined us!

Best, Sonia
www.scrapsugar.wordpress.com
www.creativecraftcottage.blogspot.com

nwilliams6 said...

So cute, and colored up so great! A super fun card. Hugz

ccheney said...

Love the card and the swoosh lines! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage

Deepti said...

This is awesome! I love the movement you created in the little superhero. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS :)

Bhavana said...

such a cute adorable super hero. Thanks for sharing your card with us at ATCAS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...