"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Holiday Home Decor with a Video!

Hello friends!
Here we are in the middle of the week once again!
You may have noticed that I've slightly changed up the look of my blog including my profile photo.
I thought it was time to update everything and "lighten and brighten" up the look around here! :)
(I still have my splash of purple in there too, so it's good, right?!)

Welcome to another Whimsy Stamps Wednesday Video!!  :)
On today's post, I have something really fun and different to share...
So with the Holidays really close and the kids start their Holiday vacations and you are spending more time with family, here is a fun project you can all participate in...OR...you can just keep all of the fun to yourself!! ;) - In my case, my family (mainly older males) do not care to participate in such "girly" or "childish" things even-though I try to tell them it's OK to do "child-like" things once in a while!  :)  Us crafters know this is "serious" business!!  LOL!

I thought it would be fun to pull out some more stash items left over from my Whimsy Stamps November Card Kit and use them on this paper wreath with 3-D stars.  I've used some left over papers from the kit along with several embellishments.  I've also used the Whimsy Stamps Cozy Little Snowman rubber stamp peeking out from behind the stars.  (More details below.)
The stars were all cut out using the Whimsy Stamps Pierced Stars die set along with the Pierced Stacking Star die.  I have used every size of star from those dies.  The largest ribbon bow has been in my stash for a while and the purple ribbon was from the card kit.

After looking at it, I thought it would be "SNOW" fun to add some snow around the snowman with glittery snow or felt or icicle type of stuff.  There are just so many different ways you can decorate a wreath just by changing the colors, shapes, etc.  You could do one with stars for pretty much every season I think!  It would be fun to do a Halloween one, or even one for 4th of July!

There are so much fun to make, easy to put together if you don't mind taking the time with it.

If you'd like to see how to make a wreath like this for yourself, check out my video below!
(CLICK HERE to see it on You Tube.)


This is so easy and fun!  You certainly don't have to go out and purchase a wreath to decorate when you may have some extra pieces laying around your house to use for a project like this!

These would make some really fun Christmas gifts for friends, neighbors, co-workers or a nice thought I had would be take some to a nursing home to help decorate the doors on the residents rooms or something.  I always enjoy seeing a smile on someone's face when I share something I've made with them! :)  It's just good for the soul.

Here's a closer look at the details with the snowman:
I thought he was just the perfect little accent to add to my wreath!  :)
I've used the Cozy Little Snowman rubber stamp from Whimsy Stamps and
I have colored him with my Copic markers to match the colors in the wreath and added some glitter to his mittens along with a snowflake rhinestone that was left over from my November card kit.
He was fussy cut out and attached with some hot glue to the back of the wreath.

Be sure to subscribe to My You Tube Channel so you don't miss the next video that I will be sharing which is another item to get you in gear for the Holiday Season!  :)  - After that, I will be starting a "series" on Pearl-Ex...so don't miss out on the fun with me!!

You can also subscribe to the Whimsy Stamps You Tube Channel if you'd like to see lots of inspiration from various designers using Whimsy Stamps products!

Hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Come & Get It - Winter Holiday
Creative Inspirations - Festive Fun
Penny's Paper - Anything Goes

34 comments:

Tanja said...

those colors are my favorites - lovely wreath

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh wow all those little stars look so cute and your wreath is super gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wow... your christmas wreath is so wonderful.. I love it...
Great idea with the stars around ..perfect styling

Hugs Anja

Chrissy said...

So stunning Vicki..loved your video, the gorgeous colours and sparkle are so beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

jimlynn said...

CUTE idea and project! These would look wonderful on the door of a nursing home resident like you said. Love all the fun stars and shine. Great video too.
Lyn

Bunny said...

This is a pretty star wreath. Great colors.

Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Tracey said...

Beautiful Vicki and what perfect Christmas decoration xx

Rene said...

This is such an awesome wreath! Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Shannon McComb said...

Wow!! This is such a beautiful wreath Vicki!!! I just adore the colors together. SO very pretty!!! You did an amazing job!
xox

Tammy said...

Simply gorgeous wreath! Love, love the colors and the sweet snowman.

creationsnz said...

A fun project and looks so glam.

Asha said...

Super special projet, my friend!

Rahmat said...

Looks fun Vicki, love all the stars and the colors are so beautiful.

Donna Ellis said...

Really cute, Vicki, and beautiful stars! Thank you for the inspiration!

Jennifer Bradley said...

Fabulous wreath so different from the normal, love the colours and gorgeous stars. Thank you for sharing with us in our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and hope to see you again. Jennifer DT member x

Bad Kitty said...

thus is vey pretty
have a nice day
hugs
>^.^<

coldwaters2 said...

Oh WOWZER Vicki this is spectacular what an amazing, beautiful wreath this is just full of so much festive delight I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Creations by Shirl said...

You are so full of talents my friend...love the wreath and that adorable snowman with that pretty color combo~

Céline said...

fabulous love the colors
hugs
céline

Pia S said...

Your purple wreath is looking amazing, Vicky. Purple is a favorite color of mine and I like how you've managed to stretch the whimsy set to make all these lovely projects.
Your new photo and heading look great!

Michelle said...

WOW - this is a great make - so clever and useful and purple is a fabulous colour! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great wreath- love all of these stars (had to take a bit of time to put together- but so worth the effort!) Loving the snowman peaking out from the bottom Awesome wreath!

Monika Reeck said...

agree with all ladies this is GREAT WREATH and stunning work Vicki
I never made similar like this cause I am not so creative like you
always love to see your project my friend
this is so sweet and lovely blue colors
hugs
Monika

NanaConnie said...

WOW, this is incredible, my friend! Love the color combo and that adorable snowman. Wonderful project. :-D

Davi said...

A gorgeous Wreath Vicki! I love love the colors and the sparkle. The snowman is a darling addition.

Tammy said...

This wreath is gorgeous Vicki!! I love the colors and all of the folded stars! Fabulous tutorial too!
Hugs, Tammy

alexandra s.m. said...

Somehow, I had missed your gorgeous wreath!
You're simply amazing Vicki!
I love it!!

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous and in both of our favorite color!

Donna said...

Wowzers Vicki, this is stunning and such a pretty combination of colours! You are so clever, I'm off to watch your tut now :) Donna ♥ x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant wreath Vicki and love the colours-great video too
carol x

Sue said...

What a very creative idea. Love the colors you chose too, so pretty. Great project for Mom's with kids, and every year when it comes out of the decorations, they will remember making it together. Bonus!

Hugs
Sue

nwilliams6 said...

Fun creation, Vicki, love the colors and your creative use of dies and stamps. VERY creative. Hugz

Aileen (mum) said...

Vicki, this is the most beautiful wreath. I love all those stars, looks fantastic.

Aileen (mum) said...

had to come back and say after watching the video I have marked to keep, what a fantastic project to do with my granddaughter next year for Christmas. Just hope I remember, shame we cant put a reminder with a date on a video to kick start our memory. Will have to do the hot glue myself (you make it look so easy, my last tryout of hot glue ended with the meanest looking blisters all down my finger). Fantastic video.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...