"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

It's About Pearls and/or Gems at Craft Rocket Challenges!

Hello friends!
Hope you are all having a wonderful week so far!
I have a brief order of business before I get to my post...you can skip it if you don't want to read about it, but I hope that you will.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited:  NEVERMIND the previous posting regarding comments!! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So back to your regularly scheduled program!!!

There is a brand new challenge up over at the
(Click on badge to be taken to the challenge blog!)

The theme for this challenge is Pearls and/or Gems...easy and fun, right?!

And here's the creation that I've come up with for this challenge:
I do hope that you notice all of the pretty pearls on my design!  Because I have them all over this thing! :)  I have used both pearls as well as liquid pearl for this.

The colors are SU! Night of Navy with Brushed Silver card stock.  The white you see was all of the white embossing that I've done.  The gorgeous snowflakes that I've used are from a prize I won from a fellow crafty friend Lisa.  She's a talented lady of all trades, so be sure to check her out! :)  She sent along this stunning Bo Bunny stamp set from their "Powder Mountain" Collection.  I love how elegant and lacey they look!  The sentiment comes from the Simon Says Stamp set "Hand Lettered Winter Wishes" which was from a previous card kit.

I have also used a SU! embossing folder around the navy card front and added a dot of liquid pearls within the design.  I've used some oval punches for the sentiment.  I took a 1/16" circle handheld punch to punch small holes within the scallops of the silver card stock for the sentiment layer.  You'll notice that I've also sponged some Whisper White ink around the edges of the snowflake and sentiment navy card stock pieces.  I've taken some of my favorite silver ribbon to add a bow.  I tend to really hoard this ribbon!  I have it also in gold and clear!! :)  So shimmery and beautiful!

The pearls are in the center of the snowflakes and then I've added a few additional drops of the liquid pearls in other areas.

I hope that I have inspired you with my design and that you'll stop by and come join in the challenge with us!!  Don't forget that you can also enter our "Anything Goes" challenge which will run throughout the entire month!  Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Our Crafty Corner - Anything Goes or Lace & Pearls
Use Your Stuff - Old Stash (ribbon hoarding!)
Stampavie & More - Pearls & Swirls
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Fab 'N' Funky - Die Cuts and/or Punches
Penny's Paper - monochromatic
Great Impressions - Bling on the Holidays!

40 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Love the blues and the pretty embossing folder.... Awesome holiday card anyone would love receiving.....

Monika Reeck said...

Love that embossing folder too..adorable blue card Vicki..I love this monochrome scheme..I did not good at google + I love your old blog commenting section...big hugs
Monika

Margreet said...

Gorgeous snowflake card in beautiful blues...love your pearly accents!
xxx Margreet

Lynn McAuley said...

What a snowy delight! I love it, Vicky!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello dear Vicki,
Your card is beautiful and has so many wonderful details!
I love the layers and the whole ambiance. I can actually feel a chill in the air ;)
Thank You~

Deb said...

wow this is absolutely stunning Vicki, so beautiful what a lot of work that must have been but so worth it! Hugs Debxx

Cross Stitch Claire said...

This is so elegant, I love it! Claire x

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous creation! I love the rich blues, perfect layering and beautiful ribbon too! I just had that very embossing folder in my hand earlier this morning, but changed my mind about using it :)
I'm glad to be able to leave comments again too :)

Pia S said...

Your liquid pearls are perfectly done, I'm unable to tell them apart from the real ones. It's so pretty, peaceful and calm somehow, clever layering for an elegant and interesting look!

jimlynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the pearls on here - and they look perfect. A beautiful, beautiful card.
Lynn

Pollard Carole said...

Just fabulous this is a wonderful card i love it its just perfect love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Vicki!! I LOVE the blue & white color combo and the beautiful embossed snowflakes, fab layout too my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Patti J said...

This is gorgeous! Saw it earlier on FB, and just had to come look closer. Beautiful creation, dear friend! You should enter it at Great Impressions - the challenge is 'Bling on the Holidays'! And....they are having a DT call! You should apply :)

julieprice3 said...

This is gorgeous! Love the blue and white combo, very striking, nice work my friend xo Julie P

Donna said...

This is so elegant and stunning!

Rahmat said...

Lovely colors Vicki, loving all the blue and many layers. Happy to be your newest follower.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - this is gorgeous Vicki! The layers and the embossing and dies are sooo elegant and your pearls are BEAUTIFUL. Wow, this is fancy and really well done. I need to go favorite at SCS!!! Hugz

aussie aNNie said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I love the gorgeous colours and all. I did as you suggested re google+ but it's like it has taken over my blog and has not changed anything, so am continuing with my new blog. Thanks for your help. I also hope to make your slider card tomorrow.xx
 { aNNie}

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely stunning, my friend! I adore that sparkly ribbon and the embossing.

Chrissy said...

So elegant and just beautiful Vicki..I love the blue and white and with all the pearls and lacy embossing it is just beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous!

Alison Barlow said...

This is gorgeous, Vicki. I love blue and white Christmas cards!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Mynn Kitchen said...

TOTALLY stunning, Vicki! I LOVE the wonderful mix of techniques and textures--especially the triple time stamping! Thank you so much for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Céline said...

a real masterpiece !!!!
hugs
céline

Hetty said...

Wow, Vicki, this sure is a beauty!
Lucky person who gets this card for the holidays.

Davi said...

Oh my Vicki this is gorgeous!! I love all the silver and white on the blue, beautiful embossing and layers ;)

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki and such an elegant design, love the liquid pearls...really must get some of these. :) Donna ♥ x

Jerrie said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the blue color, the lace, the pearls and not those snowflakes so much as they wil be here soon!!

Amy Ottmers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sharon said...

What a great card, so clean and fresh looking.
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty, hope to see you again soon,
Hugs Sharon DT

Rebecca Wong said...

This is beautiful, love it!
Thanks for sharing in Our Crafty Corner Challenge, hope to see you soon!
Rebecca, DT

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love all the embossing and pearls
carol x

Karen D. said...

love, love, love this mf...wonderfully done and so pretty!!!

Michelle said...

A beautiful creation - lovely design and details - thank you for joining us this time at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

Toni said...

I love your card! The monochrome, the elegant bling, the ribbon. Everything!


Toni
Great Impressions DT

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Perfect in every way!

Lisa S. said...

I just love this card Vicki and had to pop over to tell you again. :) It's spectacular!!

Sue said...

Stunning card, Vicki. Love the Navy and white, perfect for a winter card. Just beautiful.

Hugs
Sue

Marja B. said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing at Stampavie and More Challenge and good luck!

Hugs, Marja
Stampavie and More DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...