"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2015

It's Tag Time!

Hello friends!
Hope you have been enjoying your weekend!
Mine has been very busy getting some much needed things done! :)
Today is my hubby's birthday too, so I want to be sure to spend some time with him.

Today starts a new theme challenge over at
{Cupcake Inspirations}
That is one gorgeous cupcake, right?!
So it's all about "TAGS" for this challenge!  Whether it be an elegant wedding tag, birthday tag or Christmas tag, just show us your tag creations! :)  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Our sponsor for this week is
(Click on photo to be taken to the store!)
So be sure to play along for your chance to win a fabulous prize!

The sponsor was kind enough to let the team play with some images, so here's what I've made for this challenge:
I have chosen to use this stunning image from ADFD called Flower Madien 1.
I kept her dress white with the exception of the little light shading with a light blue Copic marker for the creases in her waistline area and around the edges of her dress.  I have also covered her dress with a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.

I have fussy cut the image and popped her up over the tag with foam tape.  I've added some elegant lace trim along with a strip of pearls over the top of it.  I also added some flowers from my stash and stamped a couple of sentiments from some Stampin' Up! sets that I have in my stash.  I made my own stitching details along the sentiment and edges of the tag by using a piercing tool and going over it with my white gel pen.  I punched the "congrats" sentiment out with a Word Window punch and added it for an additional tag with some linen thread.

To make the loop for the tag, I've tied on some white organza ribbon through a hole I created with my hand held punch.  I've also topped the flowers off with some clear Stickles glitter glue.

The reason I decided to go ahead and make a wedding theme tag is because I have someone in mind that I'd like to be giving this to, so this challenge came in handy for that! :)
I hope you will stop by the challenge blog and join us for TAGGING fun!!

Thanks for hanging out with me today!!
See you again soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Tuesday Throwdown - Tic Tac Toe Board (Tag, Digital Stamp, Glitter)


Aud Sentiments - Bingo - Stitching (faux), Digi, Glitter


Creative Knockouts - Lace/Twine/Ribbon (I used all three!)

Fussy & Fancy Friday - Flowers

Brown Sugar - Tag, You're It!


44 comments:

Aileen (mum) said...

Ahh Vicki this is such a perfect wonderful tag. I love it.

Margreet said...

Stunning tag with lovely details Vicki...congrats on your hubby's birthday...enjoy!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous tag, love this awesome creation...you rock.xx { aNNie}

Stamping With Bibiana said...

that image is so elegant and sleek love your tag
bibiana

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your tag is such an elegant interpretation of the image Vicki...so many different styles you try my friend and you excel beautifully in everything!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

jimlynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous! All those wonderful details on it and I'm in love with that lace. Very elegant and beautiful Vicki!
Lynn

Bad Kitty said...

Lovely tag.

Chrissy said...

Stunning tag Vicki..so soft and beautiful..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

laurie said...

Your tag is just amazing!I love all the textures. SO pretty!

Elaine Stark said...

Sheer elegance. Beautiful elements and embellishments. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments. Elaine

~ginny said...

Vicki - this is absolutely stunning! What an elegantly beautiful tag for Newlyweds! I love the colors, your soft coloring of the image, and all the amazing details that still leave the tag visually clean. Well done! Thank you for sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments for our BINGO + Sentiment challenge!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Jo Rice said...

Such a fabulous tag, and great use of the flowers. Thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy challenge . Jo X

Pia S said...

This tag has got style! It's soft, romantic and feminine, really gorgeous. Eye candy! I'm very impressed!

Carol L said...

I love how you used the various challenge to put this sensational tag together! It's stunning with the lace, pearls and "stitching" and I love the soft colors too!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous wedding tag and beautiful image/pearls and lace -I am glad I saw your post because when I saw the challenge I read it as Jago ??? lol
Carol x

NanaConnie said...

That's really beautiful, Vicki! Love that gorgeous lace and the sweet image.

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Absolutely gorgeous Vicki. Love the details and cute image. WTG!!! Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous wedding tag, Vicki! Remarkable work!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is a beautiful tag.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolutely stunning .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Nicole Diedrichs said...

Oh my god, this is sooo beautiful! I love it! It is such a great idea, that you only made the holes and then added chalky white to make it look like stiches! Wow. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us over at Tuesday Throwdown.
Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Patti J said...

Amazing take on the photo, Vicki! This is so pretty - delicate and soft, just like the photo inspiration! Thanks for sharing and inspiring - you always make me want to push away from the computer and create something! Hugs...

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely stunning! This is over the top GORGEOUS, my friend! Just wow :)

Deb said...

Wow, this is so beautiful Vicki, totally love it, such a gorgeous stamp coloured perfectly, love the faux stitching too, thought it was real at first! Happy Birthday to your hubby, it's my hubby's birthday today! hugs Debxx

Tracey said...

Absolutely beautiful card Vicki, I love all the details :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Claudia Rogier said...

Hi,

Lovely card. Nice colours. Thanks for joining us at BSC
Hugs
Claudia
DT Brown Sugar Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Pollard Carole said...

You are so clever this is truly beautiful an amazing tag i just love it love and hugs Carole x

Monika Reeck said...

I forgot to comment this??how bad I am hehehe LOL
Vicki
this lady is adorable
and you colored so lovely onle her hair and skin
lovely dress in white
and your fussy cut always so clean and crisp
that pink behind her is so pretty
and love the faux stitching with white you did
that flower add lovely texture...ADORABLE TAG Vicki...
LUV THIS!!
big hugs
Monika

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, this tag is stunning!! I love that image and your gorgeous details, the lace is so beautiful!
Hugs, Tammy

Karren said...

Wow, this is a beautiful image and you have colored her so well and so subtly! Fabulous tag!

Donna said...

Wow Vicki, about stunning!

Desire Fourie said...

Such an endearing image Vicki. Just love the lace and pearls.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous tag my Friend!
I just adore your coloring and that stamp, my! I need to have it!!
Thank You~

Céline said...

sooooooo elegant !!!
hugs
céline

Tammy said...

Love your beautiful tag! The lace really puts in over the top in gorgeousness.!

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Vicki this is so beautiful, wow, the image the lace and flowers it looks amazing I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Creations by Shirl said...

ooh loving this tag.... so pretty!!!!

Sandy said...

Beautiful!!

Judy Corner said...

Smashing tag. It's great to see you playing along at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

Sue said...

Elegant and beautiful. Love the soft colors and the sweet image.

Hugs
Sue

cm said...

Goodness, Vicki...I thought I'd left a comment, but apparently not! On the plus side: how wonderful to revisit this gorgeous tag you've created that completely melts my heart! The image is stunning; she reminds me of my Willow Tree angels that I love! Gorgeous...splendidly, wonderfully gorgeous!
Hugs~c

cass said...

Very pretty tag. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Tag It" challenge.

Asha said...

WOW!!! I mean WOW!!! That is one elegant tag. The lace and flower are perfect for a wedding theme, the colours are soft and dreamy. I am in love with this tag, my friend.
hugs Asha

April Story said...

Your tag is lovely. So soft and sophisticated. Thank you for participating in the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
April

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...