"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Just Add a Sentiment

Hello friends!  Hope you're enjoying your week so far, we are almost there...just a few more days left before the weekend! Yay!

I have a card to share with you today for the
CRAFT ROCKET CHALLENGE
This challenge is nice and simple.  All you have to do is Add a Sentiment!
I hope you will join along in the fun and don't forget to check out the rest of the design team creations to see what they have come up with for this challenge as well!

I have made a fun CAS style design for it:
After I put this together, I noticed at first glance it looks like Christmas.  But then I thought, that's OK because it's a great idea for making up "thank you" cards for Christmas time!  That is NOT what this card was intended for, but it's another idea!

Today is actually my last post as DT for this challenge blog and I thought it was a great message for Lisa, the owner of the challenge blog to let her know that I have appreciated my time on the team and to thank her for having me be apart of her adventure.  :)  I will still join in with the challenge as often as I can and send best wishes for all of the wonderful ladies there!

So for my card, I have used an exclusive set that was only available for a limited time for the STAMPtember event collaborated with My Favorite Things.  The set is called "Thanks for Being There." which I have used to stamp the sentiment and heart.  I have used the MFT Steel Gray ink for that as well as the card base.

The reason for my color scheme here actually came from the MFT Color Challenge which you can see below under the challenges I've entered this for.  For the die cuts, I have used the MFT Falling Leaves and for the white stitched panel, I have used the MFT Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX .  The banner I cut myself and made the "fish tail" in it.  Before I attached the white panel to the card base, I used a sponge dauber and rubbed some white ink behind it to soften the look a bit.

I've also taken my corner chomper to round two corners of my card and finished it off with some sequins.

Thanks so much for stopping in with me today!
I hope you will join in the challenge with us!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
MFT Sketch Challenge (MFTWSC255)

MFT Color Challenge

Simply Create Too - Give Thanks

Shopping Our Stash - Thank you or Thanksgiving

39 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card and love the sentiment.xx
 { aNNie}

Sarah said...

I saw falling autumn leaves Vicki...love it!! xx

Lisa J said...

Fabulous card and great Sentiment. Thank you for your lovely cards that you have made since you joined the Team. We will miss you heaps but wish you all the best for the future. Lisa X

Bad Kitty said...


greatcard
have a nice day
hugs
>^.^<

Stampsnob. said...

Such a pretty and simple fall thank you this is lovely.........Lis DT

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Vicki the sentiment is lovely so are the colours
hugs
lorraine x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous CAS card in great colors Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this bold sentiment with this wonderful layout!! The leaves and sequins are the perfect embellishments for this cute design!

I'm loving that new photo, too, Vicki!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love the CAS card and the pretty sentiment...

Shelly said...

Ooooh, this is AWESOME!! Love it!

Pia S said...

I love the effect of the background with the white inking. I don't think it looks too Christmasy at all, even though the colors are ones that represent Christmas as well. The design feels youthful and cool.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! That pop of red with the other colors is so pretty. Christmas or not - it's gorgeous!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always think CAS is so hard- but I love looking at your card and it is perfect! Your design is awesome. Wonderful sentiment and love the leaf you added- perfect for this time of year!

Monika Reeck said...

I love the sponged white behind the main Panel
and that big sentiment and lovely tiny heart perfecto Vicki
oh sad you will be not there anymore as DT member
they will missing you sweety
try to catch up
oh ya I love the use of the MFT sketch Clever card my friend
hugs
Monika

Pollard Carole said...

Gorgeous love the sentiment and the great colours its stunning love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

Amazing simplicity! Beautiful card!

Leslie Hanna said...

Great card, and great colors! I had to laugh ... I did that color challenge, but remembered it as navy instead of dark gray. #FAIL

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

NanaConnie said...

Simple and delightful, Vicki. I love the sequins! I'm hoping to find time to play in this one myself. :-D

Patti J said...

Simple and oh, so classy! Love it!

Davi said...

Super simple card Vicki! I like the way the shading is around the sent the sentiment and love the sentiment too :) Have a great weekend!!

Shannon McComb said...

So pretty! Love the shading in the background, so lovely!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Vicki!
Thank You~

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Vicki! LOVE your darling card - and it is perfect for any age or gender! The shading around the edges really highlights your sentiment. The sprinkled sequins looks like Happiness Personified! hugs, de

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki, thank you for sharing with Simply Create Too. Have a wonderful weekend. sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Becca Cruger said...

I always love to make up quick thank you cards for after Christmas - because you're right! There are so many things to be thankful for after Christmas. Love the chalkboard effect background. Super cute!

Carol L said...

This is very nice with the leaves and sequins, and I love that stitched panel with the rounded corners too! The white haze around the sentiment is such a great look too!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love it.

Tammy said...

Beautiful CAS card Vicki! I love the die cut leaves and added sequins!
Hugs, Tammy

Donna said...

Cute card Vicki and like your new picture too!

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful sentiment. Love the layout and the colours x

Donna said...

Beautiful, elegant design Vicki, the autumnal accents and the sweet sequins :) Donna ♥ x

Céline said...

wonderful card
hugs
céline

Chana said...

Great project! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS thank you card and love the added sequins
Carol x

Sue said...

Vicki, Love the CAS style, and your right, can be used for everyday or Christmas. Great colors too.

Hugs
Sue

Asha said...

Sometimes you don't need much to make a card extra special. This is one such card. Simple and elegant.
hugs Asha

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful inking! Love this CAS take on the sketch, great dimension with the leaves!

nwilliams6 said...

Great thanks card, Vicki. The white sponging added a lot to it as do the sequins. Well done. Hugz

VanessaB said...

Awesome. I love it! !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...