"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Making My Mark with Watercolor

Good evening friends!
Stopping by to share a creation with you for
Addicted to Stamps & More

For this week's challenge, we are focusing on "Make Your Mark"!
So as the name implies, use anything on your creation that would be considered "marking" like coloring media such as Copic markers, pencils, chalks, paint, watercolor, stenciling, etc.

We also have a wonderful sponsor joining us for this challenge as well:
(Click badge to be taken to the store!)
One lucky winner from this challenge will receive a $10 gift certificate to their store!
Certainly worth playing along for!!

For my card, I have chosen to do some watercolor:
I have taken Christmas to another realm with a non-traditional color palette!
I had some fun stamps from our sponsor this week and used them and have used the Joyful stamp set for my design here.  I have stamped the gift box and ornament image with Archival black ink on some Britol watercolor paper and colored it in with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  I also used my gold gel pen to color in parts of the ornament with.  It is fussy cut and popped up over the design with foam squares.

For the white front panel of my card, I played around with my Zig Kuretake Gansi Tambi watercolor and brushed on some watercolor splotches including the pretty gold.  I also used some of the gold to make additional splatters in the background by tapping my brush.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set with the Archival black ink and then added some black sequins to the design where I've also added a dot of gold Stickles in the center of each one.

Before attaching the popped up image, I've added a strip of black card stock which I thought brought out the other black accents on the design and then I also took my corner chomper and rounded off two opposite corners before attaching it to my white A2 sized card base.

Hope you've enjoyed my creation today!
Please be sure to stop by the challenge blog to see the rest of the inspiration and join in the fun with us!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

I'll be back soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Stamplorations - Anything Goes

CRAFT - Christmas Present

Brown Sugar - Anything Goes

Christmas Card Challenge - Anything Goes

25 comments:

Rahmat said...

Love the bold splashes Vicki! the presents match up so well with the background, beautiful my friend!

Lori Kobular said...

Oh so pretty! Love your water coloring!

Creations by Shirl said...

Oooh so eye catching! loving that bright bold colors and it turned out soooo pretty!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful water coloring, and I love your choice of elements on this card, Vicki! Gorgeous work!

Davi said...

Gosh Vicki, that is stunning!! The gorgeous purple and the watery colors look so so beautiful. Love the bits of splatter and dimension :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great watercoloring on the background! Love this bold and artsy card!

nwilliams6 said...

I totally love this! Your bg is so perfect and really makes this card standout. Wow! So fun! Hugz

Julie B said...

Non traditional colours but it sure works! :)

Becca Cruger said...

This is SO cool! LOVE the nontraditional Christmas colors and the splash of watercolor in the background is <3 <3 <3

Mac Mable said...

I do so love this...very contemporary, great colours and love the background. That box stamp is so cute too x

Claudia Rogier said...

Hi,


What a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at BSC
Claudia
DT Brown Sugar Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Pia S said...

You rock this color scheme, Vicki! I really like the blurred look of the sentiment and the splatter, what a cool, contemporary Christmas design this is!

coldwaters2 said...

This looks great Vicki love the vibrant colours and the splashes you have used
hugs
lorraine x

Deborah Frings said...

Love, love the colours you've used here on your very contemporary Christmas card! Great work xx

Lola said...

Love love love the background! Also wonderful font for the sentiment stamp.

Nicole Diedrichs said...

Dear Vicki,
such a beautiful way to use the watercolour background. It looks great! Creative regards from your ATSM team-mate stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

NanaConnie said...

This is wonderful, Vicki! I keep saying I need to dig out the watercolors again but keep forgetting. Maybe when I get the long Thanksgiving weekend behind me, I can actually do that. Thanks for the inspiration. :-D

Regina said...

Vicki, the card with the bold splashes look gorgeous!
hugs Regina

Monika Reeck said...

I am sorry Vicki Iwas not around for some days
Busy with my new Little Shop hehe
I adore the Zig Clean Real Brush markers on your card
your coloring so funtatstic Vicki
that purple is really magic I love it
Great card my friend
Jump to your newer card
hugs
Monika

VanessaB said...

Very cool. Looove this

Susangail Powell said...

I love the watercoloring - great fun design!

Asha said...

WOW! This is amazing. If I were to attempt it would end up a hot mess. All those splashes and slodges are so well behaved....how do you do that?! AWESOME card!
hugs Asha

Sue said...

Colors are pretty, Vicki, great combo.

Hugs
Sue

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant Christmas card and love the watercolour background
Carol x

alexandra s.m. said...

Somehow, I missed that beauty!
Love the watercolor effect. Your card is awesome Vicki!!
HUgs~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...