"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November Guest Designer at The Male Room!

Good morning friends and Happy Wednesday! :)

I would like to take a moment of remembrance for those men and women who have or are serving our military.  My entire family thanks you for your service.  (We are showing our support by switching our front porch lights to green - learn more by CLICKING HERE)
Happy Veteran's Day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have some VERY exciting news to share with you today!
I have been asked to join The Male Room Challenge Blog as a guest design for the month of November!  Yay!  These are awesome challenges to "springboard" inspiration from when you need to make those masculine style creations for the men in your life!   So check them out if you haven't already followed along with them!


So to start out their month of challenges, here's the challenge to keep in mind when creating your masculine style creations for this new challenge:

This is something that may be difficult to do, but it certainly fits with today in America which is Veteran's Day if you'd like to share your support with someone you know, I think it would be a great way to do so today by sending a RAK.

For my card, I have chosen to make a sympathy card because I always seem to use mine up and never have them on hand when I really need one.  Sometimes it is difficult to sit down and make one when you really need one, so I like to always have some on hand:
I used to have this stamp set for such a long time, I ended up getting rid of it several years ago.  I missed it and wanted it back....like I usually do!! LOL!!  Well, my mom was kind enough to let me have her stamp set!!  I'm not sure if she even used it because it looks brand new! LOL!!  So thank you mom!! :)

Anyway, the stamp set that I'm talking about is this old, retired set from Stampin' Up! called Inspired by Nature.  There is a cool stamp in there with some very tall grass blades.  So I thought it would be fun to create a Fall colored scene for my design, like a Fall sunset.  I took a stitched circle stax die set and used the larger circles to make the circle layers.  I then took a smaller circle and cut it out with masking paper which I used for my "sun" and then I took some distress inks to make the sky so that when I lifted off the masked circle, it would reveal the sunset scene.  I then just stamped the tall grass blades image with Chocolate Chip ink over top of it.  The sentiment is also from Stampin' Up! called Teeny Tiny Wishes.

I layered the circles onto a square piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock that I embossed with tall grass blades embossing folder that I had.  It's pretty old too as I've had it I don't know how long!  I also wrapped a piece of striped Chocolate Chip ribbon over the square panel layers before I added the circle scene.  All of this was then attached to a kraft colored card base that measures 4 1/4" square, so it will fit inside a regular A2 sized envelope.

I hope you were inspired by my card today and I hope that you will play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping in!
Be sure to stick around, I have another post coming up shortly!!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
CCEE Stampers (CCEE1545) - Circles

Just Us Girls - stripes

613 Avenue - Anything Goes with optional RAK


32 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

your caard is great
have a nice day!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and colours Vicki.xx { aNNie}

Creations by Shirl said...

Beautiful in spite for the occasion....

Jane said...

Fabulous colours and a super card. So pleased you're guesting with us at The Male Room.

NanaConnie said...

Beautifully done, Vicki! Loving your color combo and the embossing. Fabulous ribbon and I love the simple silhouette stamp. Great work on the sun.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki I love this beautiful Autumnal card it may be for a sad occasion but it is so very tasteful, I love it
hugs
lorraine x

jimlynn said...

VERY pretty card Vicki! Love the colors on this and it'll be wonderful for anyone. Congrats on the guest designer spot too!
Lynn

Chrissy said...

Congratulations on your new DT spot Vicki..love your masculine style sympathy card..the colours are just lovely and great stamps too.

luv CHRISSYxx

Margreet said...

So beautiful Vicki...such warm colors!
xxx Margreet

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card with the warm colors and beautiful scene you've created! I still have some ribbon like this, so now I need to pull it out and use it!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the masking of the sun and the inking, the embossing is really gorgeous too!

Pia S said...

These warm colors are beautiful and a great choice for this design. It's a lovely sympathy card, perfectly balanced and so right for a sad occasion.

Rocky said...

What a great card, the colours are lovely, so soothing for a sympathy card to have a beautiful nature scene. It's a pleasure to have you with us at TMR this challenge.

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on your GDT spot and have just been to follow and check out the challenge blog-love the CAS sympathy card just perfect for the occasion
Carol x

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty focal image! I love the embossing too. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Tammy said...

Wonderful masculine card. The stamps you used have a wonderful sense of serenity and peace. Congrats on the guest gig!

Sue said...

Very peaceful scene for a sympathy card, Vicki. The stripes look nice too.

Hugs
Sue

Tammy said...

Gorgeous Sympathy card Vicki, fabulous design and colors! Congrats on your GDT!
Big hugs, Tammy

Deborah Frings said...

So glad to have you as our Guest Designer this month. This card is amazing. I love the colours you've used, the texture on the orange panel echos the grass. Wonderful masking too. Great take on the challenge. xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

So beautiful- love the stamping on the yellow background and the moon in white. I love that you use older sets and will have to dig that one out. Congrats on your Guest DT!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh cooool Vicki
you are also put orange for manly card
I never did it always brown black or blue and green
but you did it so well
and that big ribbon I LOVE IT!!
and the image is simple but adorable for manly card
Love this one too
hugs
Monika

Asha said...

I have to say - these colours definitely work for a masculine card. Gorgeous image and that ribbon is just perfect!
hugs Asha

Céline said...

sooooooooooo stunning love the warm colors
hugs
céline

Lisa J said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot. Beautiful card you created. Lisa x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love that serene scene, so soft and soothing. Great addition with the striped ribbon. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful s card -- love that striped ribbon - Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

VanessaB said...

beautiful!

Sasha Jundt said...

Gorgeous card! Wow!!! I love the design and the colour combo - looks fantastic! And the stamp is really beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful creation with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Good luck and hope to see you again soon!
Sasha

Deepti said...

Beautiful !!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful card, Vicki!!! Love the colors and the way you used that old set. I have it around here somewhere and may have to dig it out after seeing this. How lucky your Mom had it!!! Hugz

Mac Mable said...

Love the colours of this card and the embossed folder matching the stamp. Yes it is difficult to sit down and make a sympathy card when you really need one, so it's a great idea to do some to have to hand x

Louise van Vuren said...

I love silhouette cards and this is awesome. The colours are perfect, the technique faultless, I am so glad you could be our guest designer because this is going to catch everyone's eye. The ribbon is a great accent and I know what you mean about having these cards ready 'cos I never feel like crafting when I get sad news either
Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...