"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Photo Inspired at Addicted to Stamps & More!

Good evening friends!!
I hope you are enjoying your week!

I have so many things I'm going to be sharing with you in the next couple of days, so please stay tuned in to my blog for updates! :)

Tonight, I'm sharing with you our new challenge over at
ADDICTED TO STAMPS & More

There is a really gorgeous inspirational photo to inspire your creations this week:
I think this photo is so pretty with the accents of red and a Vintage Christmas feel!

We also have a wonderful sponsor for our challenge this week as well!
(Click the badge to be taken to the shop!)
The owner is giving away a $15.00 gift certificate to the store for one lucky winner!
  Be sure to play along for your chance to win!!

With the inspiration drawn from the above photo, here's what I've come up with:
Although this card looks a bit simple at first glance, there are several things "going on" with this design!

I have used one of my favorite stamp sets from Whimsy Stamps called Christmas Greetings.  The die cut sentiment is also from Whimsy Stamps called Christmas Large Word Die.  I have cut it out with the same color as the A2 sized card base for my design.

In order to stamp the "mistletoe" from the stamp set, I wanted them to branch out a bit more than the one single stamp, so to "connect" them together, I took out my MISTI tool to make sure that everything lined up the way I wanted.  I have used the Jelly Bean Green ink from MFT to ink it up so that I could use my Copic markers to color in the "berries" on the image.  I also covered the berries with some glossy accents.  The twine bow is actually white twine that I had and I used my Copic marker to color the twine to match my design.

The sentiment was stamped in red from the same stamp set as well as the snowflakes that I've stamped in both gray and white inks.  The circles in the background were from another Whimsy Stamps set called Circles, Circles, Circles.  I used the solid circles from the set to stamp them with VersaMark ink and then I rubbed some Micropearl Pearl Ex powder over it to give it that nice shimmer you see in the photo.

**I will have a video coming up soon with the Pearl Ex powders if you're interested in learning more about them, so be sure to subscribe to my You Tube Channel if you haven't yet!**

I then just sponged some more gray ink around the edges of the card front panel using more ink in the one corner so that it is similar to the inspiration piece for the challenge.

I hope that my card inspired you to play along with our challenge! :)
Please be sure to stop by to see what the rest of the team has come up with using the inspirational photo!  Thanks so much for joining me today!

See you again tomorrow with more exciting posts!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
CCEE Stampers (CCEE1545) - Circles (maybe you can count the snowflakes and berries as circles too?!)

Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes


32 comments:

Aileen (mum) said...

Very nice card, love that mistletoe. I have some pearlex but dont know how to use. Had forgotten all about it. Better go to youtube and subscribe. Thanks Vicki

Creations by Shirl said...

Oooh me likey! This is my kind of card making... SO SO PRETTY Vicki!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Such a pretty card, Vicki, and fantastic background! Makes the scene very magical! Hugs, de

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL STUNNING card as always you come up with the most gorgeous of all.xx
 { aNNie}

Bad Kitty said...

this is very pretty
have a nice day

cm said...

Vicki, your card is breath-taken-away gorgeous! Love the mistletoe and the snowflake and circles are shimmery splendid.
Hugs~c

NanaConnie said...

I love this Christmas card, Vicki! Simple, traditional colors, perfect mistletoe, the sentiment, and the shiny berries all combine to make it one of the best I've seen this season.

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Vicki I love the clean and simple card design it is a classy festive creation superb
hugs
lorraine x

jimlynn said...

CAS and GORGEOUS!
Lynn

Pia S said...

It's a very detailed CAS design. You did an amazing job with this card, such a great take on the photo, and I'm impressed as this style is far harder to succeed with it than it looks...

Carol L said...

I really like the fonts on the sentiment die, and the background is so pretty with those shiny red berries! I love the subtle stamped snowflakes too!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE the mistletoe and the berries, the layering and bokeh look are spot on!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Vicki! I love the font on the die cut sentiment and how you added the mistletoe and berries along the side...so lovely and festive!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and I agree with what has been said these are the hardest cards to be made
Carol x

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hello Viki
but the beauty is your card. The great inspiracja.Pięknie connected mistletoe with fondness. Everything fits together perfectly.
hugs,
BozenA

Sue said...

A really beautiful CAS style card, Vicki. Love the sentiment too. Very elegant.

Hugs
Sue

Tammy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Vicki!! I love the CAS design and the shimmery circles!
Big hugs, Tammy

Rahmat said...

This beautiful Vicki, I love how you did the berries, lovely take on the picture, love it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- and the garland stamping- very cool! I saw this beautify on FB and LOVE it- trying to catch up on all your blog posts I have missed! Love the shimmery snowflakes as well.

Monika Reeck said...

I adore that leaves and that berry in red
and that DIES Christmas wooos stunning Vicki
that red is really red
and I adore your traditional xmas color
STUNNING card my friend
love love love this much
hugs
Monika

Shirley-Anne Barber said...

Indeed so much to enjoy with this beautiful card . thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges

Asha said...

Pearl Ex... tell me more, I'm all ears! Can't wait for the vid. In the meantime, let me just say that this card is stunning - understated elegance -that's what it is. Who's standing under the mistletoe, eh?! ;)
hugs Asha

Céline said...

absolutly fantastic !!!
hugs
céline

Inkyfingers said...

Love this festive design Vicki! The sentiment is so striking complements the
image perfectly. I really like how you have outlined the mistletoe - seem to add a glow somehow!
Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.
Hugs
Carol x

Julie B said...

Love the die cut you used in conjunction with the stamped greeting, v effective. :)

Wei Wei Wang said...

Such a gorgeous design! Love the fantastic background!

Kamila R. said...

What a gorgeous card! Very elegant and festive!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful! Wow - love the placement of the image and sentiment. Very pretty! HUgz

Lilian YF said...

Lovely card!!! So pretty!
Lilian ATSM DT teamie
The Leaf Studio

Nicole Diedrichs said...

Vicki, this is such a wonderful take on the sketch! I read that you own a MISTI, many crafters will envy you especially in Germany!!! I am looking forward to your video about Pearl Ex! Hugs from your ATSM team-mate stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

creationsnz said...

fabulous take on the inspiration

Neets B said...

Great card and so glad you explained the process. Those shimmery circles look fab and the shading of the grey, so subtle but perfect x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...