Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Shalom on Cyber Monday!

Hello friends!
Just popping in here today to remind you that today is "Cyber Monday"!
Whimsy Stamps has their yearly Cyber Monday special going on too:
So be sure you hop on over there as early as you can so you don't miss out on anything before it is sold out!  Happy shopping!

I also have some inspiration to share with you today using a Clearly Whimsy Stamp set called "Happy Hanukkah"!  Just having some fun...
I am not Jewish or celebrate in this way, but I couldn't resist creating with this fun clear stamp set as I thought there were so many cute elements in it that you could even use for a birthday theme with some of the other images within the set.  You really need to check it out!  If you are Jewish, I'd love to know so I can send a card out to you and/or a friend that would enjoy one of these.  :)  - I do know that Hanukkah begins on December 7th of this year.

For my first card:
I have taken the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Border die Trio and made the snowy looking slope with the sentiment stamped at the bottom.  I have used the "dots" from the "Happy Hanukkah" set and embossed them with white EP on the light blue background.  The "dreidel" images were stamped on the white card stock with navy ink.  I've also taken my silver gel pen and added a few accents to them.  The dotted one was fussy cut and popped up over the WS Stitched Circles panel.
I added some silver ribbon with a bow over the top of the white embossed snowy sky.

Here's a look at my second card:
 For this card, I've done some ink foam blending.  You can see the bottom portion of my card where I took some yellow colored distress ink to blend in towards the bottom fading out up towards the card.
The other ink foam blending that I've done is on the stars.  I stamped and clear embossed the stars on white card stock.  I then took some blue ink to go over top of the stars.  The embossing resists the ink and shows through it.

I fussy cut all of the stars and popped them up with foam tape and attached a silver thread to each one that wraps around the back of the front panel.  I embossed the "celebrate" sentiment with white EP on a piece of blue card stock and made my own banner with scissors.

Lastly, I've added some silver sequins and then added a drop of silver Stickles in the center of each one.  I really like the extra silver sparkle on it! :)

Hope you've enjoyed my Hanukkah inspiration today!!
Thanks so much for stopping in and don't forget to get on over to the Whimsy Stamps store to shop today on Cyber Monday to catch a great deal!! :)
See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Creative Knockouts - Festive Fun
Creative Moments - ATG/Bling it Up!
Winter Wonderland - Add Sparkle & Bling
Come & Get It - ATG with a sentiment

29 comments:

Carol L said...

These are both such wonderful creations, and I love all the traditional designs and colors! The touch of yellow at the bottom of the 2nd looks so pretty with all those delicate glittered threads!

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful cards Vicki, colours are just beautiful as are the designs.xxx
 { aNNie}

Margreet said...

Gorgeous Vicki, both card are beautiful CAS and have great colors!
xxx Margreet

Bad Kitty said...

Your cards are very beautiful !
have a nice day
>^.^<

Lynn McAuley said...

Such wonderful Hanukkah designs, Vicki!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki these are two wonderful card designs I love the colours and the hanging stars, ACE makes
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki, I love the silver accents!!
Hugs, Tammy

Shannon McComb said...

I love these! Both so very sweet Vick I!

Lori Kobular said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!

Bunny said...

Pretty card. I like the colors.

Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

jimlynn said...

BOTH are so lovely Vicki! Love the colors and the way you did the snow on that first card. Just the right amount of shine on the second card too!
Lynn

Monika Reeck said...

The snow flakes blue card I love much looks like it is cold outside bbrrrr
and the second card I love your sponged the Yellow
so dramatic Vicki
Lovely Star there too
and adorable thread there looks like they are really hanging there Vicki...
See your mail sweety I ask you something
hugs
Monika

NanaConnie said...

Both of these are adorable, Vicki. Wonderful use of the blues and of the images in the set.

Tammy said...

Terrific layouts on both of the cards! Love the dreidels!!

Patti J said...

Those are all beautiful, Vicki! You're such an inspiration - love popping over here to see what you're up to!!! Hugs...

Asha said...

These are super makes, friend! Clean and fresh... and easy to mass produce. The dreidel card is too cute. Love the embossed dots in the bg.
hugs Asha

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very nice cards- love the CAS designs (which I happen to think are hard!). Hoping you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Becca Cruger said...

ooo i especially like that one with the hanging stars of David. ive seen that done with ornaments but never really with those and it looks really cool, especially with the yellow pop of sponging.

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful cards and colors Vicki!
Love that bit of yellow ;)
Hugs~

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments, good luck!!! Amy DT

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.... your cards are so different, but all of them are beautiful.
And YES... after 4 weeks I have my packed from Whimsy is arrived, with lovely new stamps....

Wish you a lovely day
Anja

Rae Ann said...

Love the look of the embossed "snow" on the first card. The stitched dies add a great touch. The yellow blending really gives the second card some pop! The sequins and silver thread add just the right amount of shine.

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Festive Fun challenge.

Céline said...

fab design as usual, love them both
hugs
céline

Judy McKay said...

Lovely Christmas card. Nice design. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Pia S said...

Great designs, both of them Vicky. Even though I'm no Hanukkah expert I do believe these designs are spot on for that occasion...

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love them both
Carol x

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful Hanukkah cards, Vicki!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Hugs, de

Andrea MacTrinh said...

Lovely cards. Thanks so much for playing along at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Andrea

nwilliams6 said...

You come up with the best ideas, girl! I love the yellow on the bottom of that one card - I am so casing that soon. Love the colors and design on these. Many hugz!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...