"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

Sharing a Cup of Christmas Cheer!

If you are looking for my Whimsy Stamps card kit post - CLICK HERE
*Don't forget to go there and enter for your chance to win a card kit of your choice - ends Monday at 8:00 am ET*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends and a very happy Friday to you!!
I have plans to just relax and enjoy my "free" time Saturday, but I'm sure I'll be cleaning for part of it anyway!  That's how it usually goes!

I have a special Christmas card to share with you today using another one of those images from
Java Card Line Art
If you haven't heard of these digital stamps, they're a fairly new digital art line of stamps that my fellow blog friend Monika has started up an Etsy shop to sell her friend's digital art work.  They have come up with several really unique designs and some with a yummy coffee theme! :)
So be sure to check them out and tell them that I sent you!  And if you missed my last post using one of their images, CLICK HERE to see that post.

So today, I have another creation to share with you using one of their images that they have kindly provided for me to use:
I have used this cozy image by Java Card Line Art called "Lady Robusta in Winter Time" for my Christmas design here.  She is sitting and enjoying a cup of "robust" flavored coffee with her hat, scarf and mittens while perusing over her cell phone!!  LOL!  So you do you think it's an iPhone?!

Of course I think this image would work well for just a winter theme, but I decided to make mine with a Christmas theme because where I live it is cold enough to wear all of the items that she's wearing during the Holiday Season for sure!! :)  It just wouldn't feel like Christmas if it was warm, but I do know that even in other parts of the U.S. it is still somewhat warm and they don't get any snow.  I'm glad that where I live I can enjoy the extreme of every Season.

I've got her colored up with my Copic markers and you can see that I've used my silver gel pen for the phone and my gold gel pen for the parts on her coat design and button.
I found some papers that I haven't even opened the package up for and I was so excited because I thought it went well with my design.  I stamped a sentiment from a set in my stash that I've had for years and cut it out with a die cut tag.  The seam binding ribbon as well as the poinsettia flower were sprayed with my white and gold shimmer sprays.  I crumbled up the ribbon, added to the tag and placed a red button with gold thread through it.  I've also used some distress inks to sponge around the image panel as well as the sentiment tag.  I've also used some lace to go around the center of the card front.

Here is a closer look at the image details:
In addition to coloring the image with Copic markers and gel pens, I have added some glitter to the hat trimming and ear muffs.  I have also added some glossy accents to her eye glasses.  It's hard to see in the photo as they are small, but it's there and you can see it better IRL.
I have also used my corner chomper to round the corners on the image panel as well as the red layer of card-stock behind it.

I was also thinking this image would be cool to have a "window scene" behind her...like snowfall.

So...would you like to see some more inspiration using this same image?!
Go check out Monika's blog - right now!
And don't forget to check out the digital images over at JCLA!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I wish you all a fabulous weekend!!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Inky Chicks - Silent Night (Christmas)
Christmas Stamping All Year Long - Anything Goes
CRAFT - Christmas
4 Crafty Chicks - Ribbon
Aud Sentiments - Bingo
(I've used ribbon/lace, digi & flowers - OR patterned paper, flowers, die cut)

38 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Cool. You make the images look so good, great card Vicki.xx
 { aNNie}

Jerrie said...

Vicki, this turned out so nice! I love how you have colored the image and the glitter just sparkles. Love all the other emements you have added to make your card so festive!

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiiii
this is STUNNING ADORABLE
I love the tag on your sentiment
lovbe the add of the button there
The paper really fit together (perfecto)
I love the coloring Image with copic so proffesional Vicki
and added of the glitter on her hat and earphone/cover ear things...I llove that flower too( I wan to put flower there too but I dont have a nice one in my stash =shame on me hehe=) I love your lace too
all the design complete
LOVE THIS
I send your link to my friend HN in Java per Mail
wish that he look your Blog too :)
Great made Vicki and many many thanks for work together with me with this Image..
Biig hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

sorry typpo so much hehe but pardon me ...I am so excited Vicki and thanks for your lovely comment for my card :) you are a Gem

Olga Jewell said...

Love this, the image is fantastic!!!!

Margreet said...

So brilliant Vicki...great coloring and the glitter finishes it of greatly!
xxx Margreet

Donna said...

This is just gorgeous Vicki, I am sure Monika was thrilled. Your coloring is beautiful and love all your details, the sparkle, the lit up screen on the phone, ribbon/button, seam binding, flower, her cheeks... Awesome.

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous card!
great colors
have a nice day

Tammy said...

Great card Vicki! Love the image and you've colored it beautiful! Just the right amount of sparkle too!

Sarah said...

This is truly wonderful Vicki love the traditional colours xx

laurie said...

What a fun card! I love the sparkles on her hat!

jimlynn said...

What a cute, cute, and fun image! Love the way she's looking at the phone. Precious card and wonderful coloring!
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

Oh I love this sweet image on your card! What s nice way to share a smile with someone!

Céline said...

gorgeous card
hugs
céline

MiamiKel said...

Goodness gracious this is so lifelike! You've given her such warmth and such an incredible expression, even with a profile! I just LOVE this! Fabulous holiday card, sure to brighten days and warm the heart! ♥

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love that image and you've colored it beautifully, fabulous sparkle too! Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Becca Cruger said...

You always pay such close attention to the amazing details! Gorgeous double bow, gorgeous glitter on the hat, lovely lace in the background. Everything all adds up to perfection - as usual!

Patti J said...

How cute, Vicki!!! Loving these fun images :)

VanessaB said...

sooo fantastic!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I so love this card- your coloring and shimmer -and that fab bow! I'll have to check out these fun digi's.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautifully done, Vicki! Such lovely colors and design!

Anna said...

So cute! What a fantastic looking card :)

Anna xx
http://thefashionscents.blogspot.com.au/

Carol L said...

You brought this great image to life with your amazing coloring and design! It reminds me of how cold the office was where I used to work! LOL Everyone dressed like snowbunnies all winter long!

Heru Notodirjo said...

Lovely!!..i like it very much!

Asha said...

Of course it's an iPhone. Every granny I know has one! Beautifully coloured image. And I see granny like her bling too! I like that used a big flower to compliment the image.
hugs Asha

Pia S said...

You and Monika made completely different style cards using the same image. Color has a big impact on the look of a card.
Yours feels so cozy and Christmasy with that fab tartan patterned paper. Super detailing and texture and such a beautifully designed card.

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant the stamp is gorgeous just a bit different but i love it Stunning design Have a great weekend love and hugs Carole x

Annie said...

A great fun card. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Aud Sentiments with such a stunning piece of work. Annie xxx

fabiola jaques said...

super sympa Vicky, elle est charmante et si gentille cette carte, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card my Friend and as always your coloring is out of this world!!

NanaConnie said...

Love the plaid paper, the coloring, the sparkle, and the overall design, Vicki! What a fun card this is. :-D NC

Deepti said...

This is awesome :)

nwilliams6 said...

I typed out a comment on this yesterday but had to run so I think it didn't get posted - sorry! I love this image - it is so comical and so well done and your coloring is amazing. Wow. What a great card - you have so much fun in your cards my friend. Hugz

Leanne said...

This is so awesome, love the image the glitter and the bow/ribbon...beautiful. Thanks for entering our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Cheers,
Leanne DT 4CC

Chasing the Dream said...

Hi Sweetie, DT hat. Amazing card the image is simply impressive. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Aud Sentiment Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni, DT
audsentimentschallenge.

Creations by Shirl said...

Love it Vicki - you are awesome with your creations~

MagsB said...

What a great image, Vicki, and gorgeous festive colours, too! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and love the image with her sparkly earmuffs and she must be clever texting with gloves on lol love the big flower too
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...