"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, November 16, 2015

Tag Inspiration with Whimsy Stamps Card Kit - Winner Announced!

Hello friends!
Welcome to the start of a brand new week! I hope your weekend was a great one!
I have some more inspiration to share with you  using more products from the
Whimsy Stamps November Card Kit
**The winner of a Whimsy Stamps card kit is at the end of this post!**

I still have some more products left from the card kit that I had fun playing with!  :)
And I still have some more inspiration to share with you using additional contents from this kit...so BE SURE to stay tuned into this blog for up-coming inspiration to help you get your handmade smiles made up just in time to celebrate the Holidays!
*I'm excited to be sharing an upcoming handmade item using things you already have on hand in your craft room including using more contents from this kit - with a video!*

But for today, I'd like to share with you this fun little tag that I made with some left over items from this card kit I had:
Check out those cute little dangling mittens!!  I love how this tag turned out!
I have a photo below from the inspiration that I took to make this tag today.

I have used the blue card stock, the acetate sheet, the "mittens" die cut, the silver cord, the grosgrain ribbon, the snowflake button and the blue sequins on the tag are all from the Whimsy Stamps November card kit!  A little bit can go such a long way in your craft making!  :)

Of course some other Whimsy Stamps items were pulled out to help me assemble this whole idea together.  First, I pulled out the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Tag dies to cut out the blue tag as well as the smaller tag in the set to cut out the acetate tag that's attached to it.

I have used the Clearly Whimsy Stamps set Basic Christmas Backgrounds and stamped a border with VersaMark ink and embossed it with white EP across the blue tag.  I also used some white ink along with my sponge dauber to lightly sponge around the snowflakes to soften them up a bit.  For the sentiment I have used the Clearly Whimsy Stamps set Penguins Winter Adventure and stamped the sentiment from the set with Graphite Black Brilliance ink.  I also took a snowflake and the "ho! ho! ho!" from the same set and stamped them on the piece of acetate tag using some black Staz On ink.  I've also sponged around the acetate tag with white Staz On ink.

The die cut mittens were attached together and then I punched a small hole at the top and thread some linen thread though to attach them to the tag.  I used the linen thread to also tie a bow in the snowflake button.  The silver cord was tied through both of these tags and knotted at the end.

All that was left was to add the blue sequins to the light blue tag with some glue.
---------------------------------------
If you'd like to see more details and inspiration for up-coming card kits, then please subscribe to the Whimsy Stamps You Tube Channel, My You Tube Channel or get updates to my blog here!
I noticed that the October card kit has already sold out!  So if you missed that one, be sure to get updates so that you know when the next one will be coming out and you can get your chance at it before it is gone.  Once they sell out, they will not be restocked!  So go grab a card kit now!

-------------------------------------------------------
And now for the winner of a Whimsy Stamps Card Kit of Choice is......

picked via random.org:
#30 - Sandra Schroeder
Congratulations on your win!!

The winner has already been contacted and has already responded!  :)

Thanks so much to everyone who entered and joined with us for the November New Release!
If you didn't win here, but participated in the other portions of the New Release, then be sure to stop on over at the Whimsy Inspirations Blog to see if you won a prize over there!!
If you sadly missed out on all of the festivities, then be sure to either subscribe here to my blog or the Whimsy Inspirations Blog so that you don't miss out on the next fun event!!  (I already know of one that will be coming up next month...so don't miss out!)

Thank you SO MUCH for joining me here today!!
I do hope you've enjoyed my tag inspiration!!  Happy crafting friends!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags - Create a tag inspired by one of the tags on her blog
I was inspired by this tag from Melissa Bove:
(I love how she attached the small tag and acetate!)


2.  Alphabet Challenge - 'T' for " 'Tis the Season!"

3.  Allsorts - Anything but a Card



21 comments:

Pia S said...

Congratulations to Sandra, she's one lucky lady!
LOVE your tag, I've saved this post, definitely going to try the acetate thing, I so love how you designed it!!

jimlynn said...

Cute, cute tag! Love the purple mittens with all that blue. So pretty!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Gorgeous tag Vicki, I love the little mittens and the fabulous embossed snowflakes!! Congrats to Sandra!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Sweet tag and yup, the dangling mittens are really cute! Love the embossed sentiment you attached as well!

Carol L said...

I just love the color combination of your tag along with the clear panel and mittens! So cute! Congrats to Sandra for her win too! Woot woot!

Kim said...

Your Christmas tag is beautiful! I love the snowflakes on the blue background and those mittens are adorable. Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly stunning, gorgeous colours chosen too along with a great design.
x
 { aNNie}

Monika Reeck said...

congrats to Sandra
and I adore the double tag Vicki
so soft the blend of the blue and sweet another tag with vellum paper
cute gloves in purple
I love your TAG
hugs
Monika

Shelly said...

Oh, super fun and SWEET tag, Vicki!! Love it!

Céline said...

totally love the design
hugs
céline

Lori Kobular said...

An adorable Christmas Tag!! Love those snowflakes floating down your tag!

Pollard Carole said...

Well done Sandra great win. Your tag is fabulous love those mittens just so so cute its fab love and hugs Carole x

Susan (rainy) said...

So many wonderful elements to this fabulous and fun tag. Love the use of the acetate. Awesome idea!

Asha said...

Well done, Sandra!!! What an awesome prize pack. Cute tag, Vicki.... love the little mitts. The stamp acetate adds a special somethin' somethin' to this tag! Love it!
hugs Asha

Pat said...

Beautiful tag, thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful tag Vicki I love those embossed snowflakes a super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Creations by Shirl said...

Love the tag and all the cute details added to it~

NanaConnie said...

I still have to get started on my tags. I think this one should get me inspired. :-D Loving the snowflakes and sequins.

Tammy said...

Hi Vicki, I'm back... just wanted to thank you for joining us over at Alphabet Challenge blog with this adorable tag!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Great tag and love the snowflakes and little mittens
carol x

nwilliams6 said...

Cute tag. Love the layers. I want to make all mine this year - I better get started. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...