"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The 25th Dimension in One Layer

Hello friends!
Hope you are having a great week so far!
Pretty soon it will be time for "Talking Turkey" here in the U.S. (Thanksgiving that is!)  I always look forward to spending time with family and I'm sure it will be great fun!

Today, I have a fun lone layer Christmas card to share with you:
I thought I'd have a little "play on numbers" here with my Christmas design today!
I have actually used two different stamp sets from Lawn Fawn.  They are both older sets, but I think one of them has even been "retired".  (Of course this is the first time that I've used it too!)  LOL!

So the embossed gold snowflakes on my design come from the Critters in Snow.  The "December" sentiment comes from a retired set from Lawn Fawn called "Say Cheese, Too".  I have that stamped in some Gumball Green ink.  I've also added a drop of gold stickles to the center of each gold embossed snowflake.

For the side of my design, I have used some really old (Stampin' 'Up!) Sizzix dies for the numbers.  I cut several of the numbers out with white card stock and then I took some of the Lawn Fawn (retired) "Snow Day" designer papers to cut out the red colored numbers on my design.  All of the white numbers were glued down to my card base and the red numbers were popped up for dimension over top of the strip of white numbers with foam tape pieces.

Lastly, I took some glue dots and rolled them to attach to the back of the snowflake sequins on my design which gave them extra dimension as well.  I think the only thing that doesn't have any sort of dimension on it would be the "December" word!

This concept is simple and fun.  I really enjoyed putting it together too!
Thanks so much for popping in today!  I hope you've enjoyed my one layer CAS Christmas card of the 25th dimension!! :)  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:

1.  Addicted to CAS - (3rd birthday & DT call)


2.  Lawnscaping Challenge: (I've used old sets, papers and dies)



3.  Less is More - NUMBERS


4.  Just Us Girls - Color week


5.  AAA Cards - Anything Goes

29 comments:

Julie Curtis said...

These are great. I The way you have the "25th" Popping off the paper. I'm a new follower and look forward to see your future creations!
Jules2Jems.blogspot.com

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty CAS card. Love the white numbers and the red polka dot 25 popped up! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Chrissy said...

A super one layer design Vicki and love your play with numbers..fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Elegant, classy, CAS and beautiful colour and dimension Vicki.
Great to see how you've combined all the challenges and thanks for playing along at AAA Cards, ATCAS and Less is More. Sarah x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous CAS Christmas card Vicki!! I love how you did your numbers and all of the snowflake are beautiful!
Hugs, Tammy

Bad Kitty said...

very nice
>^.^<

Monika Reeck said...

I love your 25 in red
great dimension Vicki
and I adore that cute little snowflakes
so sweet on your WHITE card
Fabulous 25 December Card my friend
big hugs
Monika

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card and love how you made just one 25 red
carol x

Asha said...

Super simple yet super elegant. It's how you roll,my friend! LOL. LOVING the big bold 25. Hope all is well with you.
x Asha

Tammy said...

Fab card for Christmas, love the emphasis on 25!

coldwaters2 said...

This is one brilliant card Vicki love those embossed numbers and snowflakes in different colours

hugs
lorraine x

Carol L said...

This is so clean, simple, and just plain cute! I love the fonts on the word "December" and the embossed numbers vertical style!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh I love your take Vicki!
I might just have to join in ;)
Thank You~

Lori Kobular said...

Love the dimension on the 25! It is an awesome Christmas card!!

Davi said...

So very pretty, I really like the pop of the red numbers with all the white one!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the multiple 25s and the little snowflakes!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your clean design! Love the column of "25" with the one in red with the soft sprinkling of snowflakes. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

nwilliams6 said...

So fun - love all the flakes and the CAS design (I need some more ideas like this as I am super behind on my cards). Hugz

Céline said...

oh wow, fab design
hugs
céline

Pia S said...

So simple and yet so decorative, love what you've done with the numbers, arranging them into a vertical panel. Cool!

Melissa L. said...

Lovely Christmas card, Vicki. Beautifully designed and executed. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Melissa - DT

Patti J said...

You are so creative! Another totally fabulous and amazing card, my friend! Happy Thanksgiving!

Chrissie said...

The way you have arranged the numbers on this card is really effective... simply super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

What a fun CAS card Vicki!
Thank you for playing along at "Less is More" this week
Anne
"Less is More"

NanaConnie said...

Love the CAS design, Vicki, and the wonderful texture you created with the snowflakes and the numbers!

VanessaB said...

So fun. Great design

Neets B said...

I love the varied snowflakes on this one, Vicki, and the white on white numbers add subtle interest.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Sue said...

And it is coming up fast! Love this simple and stunning creation.

Hugs
Sue

Jaydee said...

I love the repetition of the 25 and then the single pop of color. The other elements add dimension but don't distract. Fabulous card. so glad you joined us for our birthday celebration at ATCAS this week
jaydee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...