"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Whimsy Stamps Wednesday - Pull Tab Slider Card + Video!

Hello friends! :)
Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!  I've been trying to enjoy it while the weather still seems to be decent and not too terribly cold quite yet!


Today is my turn to share a Whimsy Stamps project along with a video tutorial!
I came across these fun style slider cards about a year or so ago from a fellow crafty friend and I thought how fun these would be to put together one day...well after all of that time, today is finally here! LOL!!

If you are already familiar with the different types of slider cards, this one is a bit different and not one that I've seen before.  The concept is so cute and the whole thing is quite easy to put together as well!   So as you can see, the tab on the left gets tugged on and the little penguin goes sliding across on his piece of ice.....

And then as you can see, there is a special message to the recipient hidden underneath when you slide him over!! :)  Besides, it just plain FUN to slide this penguin back and forth anyway!!

For this particular slider card design, I've created and "emboss resist" background with all of the falling snowflakes in various shades.  I've used the Whimsy Stamps "Christmas Backgrounds" clear stamp set for this.  (If you'd like to see how I've made it, then check out the video below!)
I've also used the "Thanks Large Word die" and glued it over top of my background.

And the DARLING penguin comes from the Whimsy Stamp set called Penguins Winter Adventure which also happens to have some matching Penguins Adventure die set to go with it!! :)  I've colored him in with my Copic markers and have him popped up over the piece of ice for the slider.

So if you'd like to see how to go about creating one of these Pull Tab Slider Cards for yourself, then be sure to check out the video below!  (I also share how I created the embossed resist background you see in the card above too!)
CLICK HERE to view the video on You Tube or watch in HD or watch below:



Of course I didn't want to stop at just ONE slider card, so I decided to dig out some more of my stash left over from the Whimsy Stamps October 2015 card kit and play with some more of the papers and sequins for another slider card:
I changed up the penguin and colors on this one, but kept it pretty much the same style as the other card.  I did emboss the sentiment onto a banner that matches the card base.  (The "Pull Here" image was also embossed with silver embossing powder.) - I have had that stamp for years and not really sure where it came from.  You could always just write "pull" for your tab or place an arrow or just make it a different color to make it noticeable.

So again, when you pull the tab, the little penguin is smiling and sliding by....
He wants to send you Christmas "hugs" as he's flying by on his piece of ice!! :)
So cute, right?!!
I hope you were inspired with my projects and video today!  If you make one, I'd love to see what you come with me, so let me know!! :)

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today!!
I'll be back again tomorrow with another creation!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:

Thanks card:
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
613 Avenue - Anything Goes with optional Host Thank you
Where the Heart Is - Anything Goes/Winter Blues
Crafty Card Makers - Thank you
Sweet Stampin' - Dies and/or punches


Christmas card:
Crazy 4 Challenges - Christmas
Allsorts - Christmas
World Wide Open DT Challenge - Anything Goes
City Crafter - Getting Ready for Christmas
Unicorn Challenge - Christmas is Coming
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes



30 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

Oh I hope you will be better soon!
I love your card and your video.
have a nice day

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Feel better soon.....

*Vicki* said...

LOL! I am confused! I am not sick! :) Just enjoying the weather while it's still nice out!! But thank you!!! TEE!

Shelly said...

Oh, these are sooo cute! Love your backgrounds and those penguins?!...ADORABLE!!

Margreet said...

Both are cute cards with those lovely penguins...great video too!
xxx Margreet

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Both your cards are fabulous, great tutorial too! Thanks for sharing them at unicorn, Claire x

Chrissy said...

Two adorable cards Vicki..loved the snowflake background and watching you do it..I tend to get lines or circles..think I press too hard or not hard enough..not sure..but love how your colours blended and super designs with those sweet penguins sliding along..

luv CHRISSYxx

The Crafty Pink Girl said...

Gorgeous design and perfectly brought together, love the colours too. Well done XX Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

Deb said...

They are so gorgeous Vicki and so clever! I have never made one of these so must try to follow your tutorial and get one made soon, they look fabulous! they are so perfect with these cute penguins too!
hugs Debxx

Shannon McComb said...

Love your slide cards!! They are both stinkin adorable!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Simply adorable!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Lisa J said...

Fabulous slider cards Vicki! So Cute. Thanks for sharing with us this month. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

Sarah said...

So cute!! I am definitely going to take inspiration from these gorgeous cards Vicki!! Thank you xx

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Vicki thank you so much for your videos and helpful tips!
Now, I want to make some as well ;)
You really have thought of everything and your cards are DARLING!!
HUgs~

Patti J said...

Egads, these are SO sweet!!!! Love them to pieces! Please don't ever stop creating - you make my day when I stop by to see what you're up to, and you really make my day when you stop by to see what I'm up to!!! Hugs... :)

Pia S said...

I've seen a few slider cards, but not many, and I've never attempted to make one myself. Not because I don't love them, but in lack of know how. Now I can get to know how:) Super cute cards, gender and age neutral, great job!

Patricia St Martin said...

So adorable, these images are a little different but just love them and so cute, they are perfect for this kind of card. Love the video you do a great job.
Hugs, Pat

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards, Thank you for joining in with us at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
Kevin xx

nwilliams6 said...

These are soo cute! I love the images, colors and design. Interactive cards are so fun! Hugz

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic video instructions, Vicki! Now that I've watched it, I might actually try a slider card. They have always intimidated me before. Love the cards and your color combos.

Paddington fan said...

Such cute cards and great video! Thank you so much for joining our 'Diecuts and punches' challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week, good luck in the prize draw and I do hope we'll see you again soon, love Jacky x

Céline said...

fabulous !!!! totally love the colors
hugs
céline

Andrea Beecroft said...

What a sweetie here such a lovely card. Thank you for joining us over at The World Wide Open DT Challenge. Good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea

Donna said...

Oh how I have missed seeing your cards Vicki, these little penguins are adorable and I love the little sliders such a fun idea :) Donna ♥ x

Tina Goodwin said...

Oh my gosh! These are stinking adorable! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Blog Looking forward to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Tina
WWO DT
Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}

Rebecca Wong said...

This is such a beautiful projects, love it!
Thanks for sharing in Where the heart is Challenge, hope to see you soon!
Rebecca, DT

Suze said...

Such fun cards - haven't seen a slider card in a long time. These ones are fabulous. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous, Thank you for joining in with us at WWODTC, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Helen said...

Great cards- thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Helen x

Desire Fourie said...

This is a wonderful creation and perfect for our FIFTH challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{World Wide Open Design Team Challenge DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...