Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

Would You Like to Share a Cup of Coffee With Me?

Hello friends!! :)
Yay!!  It's Friday time again and I'm ready for it!!
How about a nice cup of coffee with me today?!  Just a bit of information first in regards to my post you may have seen yesterday in your feed reader:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to mention that if you saw my last post below in reference to blogger commenting, I have found out that this is not an "on-going" issue and it went away for me as quickly as it came about!  I also found out that not all others are having this issue.  So I don't know if it's a "come and go" type of thing with verification or what?  I was doing a "knee-jerk" reaction to it before I realized that it wasn't an issue at all! LOL!

Anyway, I have set my blog comments back to exactly the way they used to be.  So for those of you that said that you could or would not leave me a comment because of Google+ profiles, I have changed it back to the regular blogger commenting with the pop up box if you want to leave a comment.  :)  I am completely thankful to all of you that take the time to do this, it is always read and gratefully appreciated!!  I always love to hear from you all and care about what you think...which is why I've changed back to the way is was.  :)
As long as this verification "thing" doesn't pop up again for me, I will gladly leave you all kinds of love and support!!   - HUGS

Thank you for your understanding!! LOL!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So today, I have a fun post to share with you and I'm glad to have the opportunity to help promote a couple of my fellow crafty friends and blog readers! :)  I like to stop by and see what you are all doing and some of those that I have known for just a very short time have so many things going on in regards to their crafty adventures!  I'm so happy for them and wanted to be sure to share what they are up to along with all of you as well! :)

First, my fellow blog friend, Monika has teamed up with another friend of hers who is illustrating some digital images.  She has opened up a store with a beginning batch of digital stamps!  So be sure to check out their online Etsy Shop called JavaCardLineArt. They have been adding more and more images every time I visit, so I'm sure there are lots more to come!  I also know that Monika has been having lots of crafty fun with these images on her blog, so check out her blog for extra inspiration with these new line of digital stamps.  They were kind enough to send me one of these images to play with, so here's what I've come up with using it:
Yum...I do love my coffee, which I'm drinking right now! - I hope you are joining right along with me so we can have coffee together! :) - if not, grab a cup of tea!!  So this image is right up my alley!! LOL!  The coffee girl image is called Lady in Batik with Her Coffee Cup from my friend's Etsy Shop, so click on the name if you'd like to purchase it.  I was also thinking you could color her up in Christmas colors for making Holiday type cards as well...hmm...:)

I've colored her in with my Copic markers and I decided to take a Copic liner pen to draw in some lines above the cup for some "steam effect".  I've used a color combo and a sketch with the challenges in mind below when I put this together.

As for "promoting" another crafty friend, a lady whom you might know that I've only known about within the last year or so has come out with a line of stamps which you can find over at Stamplorations!  The friend that I'm referring to is Becca Cruger.  She is a clever artist in mixed media! :)  I have bought the clear stamp set called Literary Caffeine-ations.  I am happy to finally pull it out to use it on this card here.  (This is the sentiment that I stamped with Early Espresso ink and used my stitched die cut circle to cut it out with.)

I sponged some Crumb Cake ink around the edge of my sentiment circle and then added an additional Early Espresso circle layer behind it.  I've added my hoarded gold ribbon for a bow and then attached a wood veneer heart in the center of it.

Here's a closer look at the details:
It's sometimes hard to see in the photos unless you angle the card just right, but I have taken my gold gel pen to color in the patterns on the lady's clothing.  It is very sparkly IRL and matches up with the ribbon very nicely.

I matched all of the papers up with the Copic coloring using Stampin' Up! designer papers behind it called English Garden.  I've used a strip of Bermuda Bay card stock and the card front is Crumb Cake.  I've just used the Copic Blending card stock for the images and sponged around them with some Crumb Cake ink.

I think this card is going to HAVE to go to my hubby who's a coffee lover just like me!  He's been having a hard time with his work lately and I know it would be fun to surprise him with this in his lunch bucket for work when he gets up in the morning! :) - Although I look NOTHING like this cute girl in the image!! LOL!!

I hope you've enjoyed my post today and I would like to wish ALL of my crafty friends happiness and success in whatever direction your dreams take you!

Thanks so much for joining me today for a cup of coffee!
Please stop by again on Sunday for more crafty ideas!! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Sunday Stamps - Tea & Chocolate color combo:


Deep Ocean - Chocolate, Coffee or Tea

Cute Card Thursday - Food and/or Drink

Mojo Monday (MOJO422)


Jennifer McGuire's "Share Handmade Kindness - week 1
(this card is for hubby because he's had a bad work week!)  :)

40 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Oh I love it! You put so much thought into all the little details like the gold pen. Love this and LOVE that you are such an awesome person to promote your crafty friends. Sending you a wholehearted and and humble thank you!

Deb said...

I so love this card Vicki, I could use that sentiment often! Love that you surprised your hubby with this, so sweet! You did a great job colouring the clothes, they look amazing! Thank you so much for joining us over at Cute Card Thursday! hugs Debxx

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Vicki, such a perfect take on the inspiration photo and color combo! Fab coloring and lovely design.

Margreet said...

Lovely card with great coloring and details...curious about hubby's reaction when he found this card in his lunchbox....lol.
Enjoy your weekend.
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

I love the colour combo Vicki and such a great image and colouring..I hope you do pop it in your hubby's lunchbox..I used to love doing that to mine..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a different card but beautiful all the same!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Hetty said...

Vicki, what a beautiful card for your husband. love the gold and blue colors. Great coloring on the girl. Cheers to you!

Annette Elliott said...

Oh my goodness, I can't stop staring your beautiful and detailed coloring of the "coffee girl". Absolutley a beautiful work of art! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Monika Reeck said...

Your husband must be love this card Vicki
the coloring of the lady oh yeah
I always love your coloring skill my friend and the hair looks so shiny love it
and the coffee steam hehe clever added
Lovely used our color combo too and I want to say many thanks for linking up this lovely card to Sunday Stamps challenge..
I love all the colors here
many thanks (from me and HN my friend in Java) to promote my new little Etsy Shop sweety...you are a GEM
big hugs
Monika

Sarah said...

What a super card to give Hubby, it will brighten his day for sure to know he has your love and support. Love the colours you chose Vicki. Glad the commenting problem has sorted itself out xx

Maria A. said...

Hello Vicki, this is a warm and sweet image, this girl looks perfectly comfy in those lounging PJ's, and with a cup of hot coffee in her hand, she looks ready for the day.
Your hubby surely will love this card, I bet he will show it off to his co workers.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria.

Céline said...

so gorgeous!!! well now i think i need coffee lol
hugs
céline

Diane said...

Wow Vicki what a gorgeous piece of art, just stunning.

Hugs Diane

Pollard Carole said...

Great stamp great sentiment great card just perfect Love and hugs Carole x

jimlynn said...

I'll have to check out the new digi stamp store. Very pretty image and you've made it into a beautiful card. Love the way the gold on the ribbon and patterns in her dress match!
A wonderful card!
Lynn

Carol L said...

This card is simply fabulous! I LOVE the colors, the touching sentiment, and especially how you colored her top! I want one exactly like that! Very very pretty card!

stampwithamyk said...

Awesome card! Love the image with this color scheme...perfect sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

aussie aNNie said...

You are indeed a lovely lady, lovely card and colouring and to promote this gorgeous image. Oh and the coffee was fabulous.xx { aNNie}

Davi said...

Very cool image and a wonderful card Vicki!! I love the colors you chose to use, so perfect with the image :)

Asha said...

WOW! This is gorgeous, Vicki. Coffee, card and a gorgeous lady... bet hubby's day improved considerably with this card in hand! :) As alway.... your attention to detail is amazing!
hugs Asha

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Vicki you have coloured her beautifully and the colour combo is just so stunning.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Rahmat said...

This is beautiful Vicki, I thought that the batik lady reminds me of Indonesia, since I live there for close to 3 years...now I read it is from Monika, so I am right. You have done so well with this image. Beautifully colored and love that addition of the ribbon.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Vicki! this is awesome, your coloring is amazing...fabulous card! so glad you played along with us at sunday stamps and took the challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Shannon McComb said...

Vicki! This is so very lovely!! I love your take on the sketch and you colored that coffee girl so beautifully!! xox

Donna said...

Hi Vicki, I'm so pleased to be able to leave comments again, thank you so much for adjusting your settings. Your card is so beautiful, the colours work really well together and the image is perfect...me on a bad day! love the little wooden heart too! :) Donna ♥ x

Angel Johns said...

Oh wow!! I love this! The image and your coloring is superb!! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Patti J said...

This turned out beautifully, Vicki! Thanks for sharing, and always inspiring!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and image Vicki!! I love this color combo and your fabulous layout! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Gorgeously colored and wonderful layout! Hugs, de

Jerrie said...

It is what is in the heart that matters and your husband must of loved what he saw! I love your card and the softness you have created on it. Love that crumb cake, the striped paper and gold ribbon too! Great job!

Creations by Shirl said...

Beautifully done Vicki.... love that image will have to hop there and check them out..... Love her outfit it's something you would see me wearing during the Winter holidays... Although we don't freeze like you people do over there, LOL!

Leena Girsa said...

Lovely job! Great use of the colours in our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week. Hope to see you again soon!

Pia S said...

Wow! You did such a great job showcaseing this image from Monika. Love your color choices too and the sketch is perfect for this image. Great job!!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the beautifully coloured image and great layout
Carol x

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!
So artistic and pretty!
Bravo Vicki!

Shannon Jaramillo said...

Such a pretty card!! The coloring is great and I love all the layers, color combo, pretty ribbon and the perfect little heart in the bow!! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week!

Tammy said...

Fabulous image and I love the way you've colored it! The sentiment is a perfect match.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki I am a bit late but would love to share a cup of coffee with you, lol, Vicki I really love this gorgeous card such a lovely image and wonderful card design
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

What a pretty image and the sentiment is so nice too. Love how you colored her up and the card you made.

Hugs
Sue

Claire Broadwater said...

Vicki, this is so fun! Your coloring is perfect and all the layers make me smile! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...