"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, December 6, 2015

{Cupcake Inspirations} says "Let it Snow!"

Hello friends!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
We have plans today to see our new grand baby again!  Looking forward to holding her! :)

So today I wanted to share with you the new challenge over at
{Cupcake Inspirations}
I just love this inspirational photo!!  So pretty! :)
So of course all you need to do for this challenge is "Add Snow" to your project!
Simple and easy, right?  Hope you will join us this week!

Our sponsor for this challenge is
(Click badge to be taken to their store!)

They were kind enough to send along some images for the team to work with and so I have chosen to use the Snowflake Swirl digital set to create my project today:
I've decided to keep my design very CAS for this because I think it makes the snowflakes stand out even more with the pearl centers. :)
To do this with a digital image, I have taken the image with four snowflakes in it and added it four times to my design by changing the position and colors before printing it all out.  I've also used the sentiment within the set and changed it to a light blue color.  It just takes a couple of minutes to get it looking how you want before printing it out.

I then took my LF stitched rectangle die to cut it out, I mounted it on top of a piece of specialty shimmer paper.  (It looks so beautiful IRL!!)  Then this was mounted onto an A2 sized white card base.  The last thing I did was cover the snowflakes with my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, which of course you can't see, and then I added the blue pearls to the centers of the larger flakes.

Hope you've enjoyed my CAS snowflakes today!  Please be sure to stop by the challenge blog to see the rest of the stunning creations from the design team!  We look forward to seeing your designs!
Thanks so much for stopping in today!  I enjoy having you here! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - "Let it Snow!"
Crafty Catz - Let it Snow
Inkspirational - "Flake"

Sweet Stampin' - Snow Time
Allsorts - CAS

38 comments:

Tanja said...

love those pretty snowflakes with the pearl center - Hugs, Tanja

Carol L said...

This is so delicate and pretty - just as snow is when it begins falling from the sky! I love those pearl accents!

Lori Kobular said...

Love, love, love that sentiment! Your card is so lovely with those beautiful snowflakes!

aussie aNNie said...

Looks fabulous Vicki, love the simplicity of the card..xxx
http://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/christmas-boo.html

Margreet said...

Such an elegant card with those flakes Vicki...hop you have hold your grandchild again!
xxx Margreet

Sarah said...

Beautiful!! xx

jimlynn said...

Clean and simple - and awesome! This is so pretty and soft looking - just what I envision snow to look like. A beautiful card.
Lynn

Mac Mable said...

CAS at it's best. Hope you enjoyed your visit with the new Grand-Baby today xx

Monika Reeck said...

You are right CAS is better because that pearl center is totally adorable on your simple design my friend..kiss to Ella if you visit her today Vicki...
Biig hugs.
Monika

Chrissy said...

So very pretty Vicki...gorgeous, and I love the sentiment..

luv CHRISSYxx

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card
>^.^<

Patti J said...

So very pretty, Vicki! Love the simplicity of your design! I had to laugh at the last challenge, as our sweet dog is "Flake". She was standing at my side, looking up at me with those big brown eyes when I saw your post. Had to smile out loud! Thanks for sharing!

Pollard Carole said...

So pretty a very elegant design Hope you enjoy the time with your new granddaughter Love and hugs Carole c

Tammy said...

Beautiful CAS card Vicki! I'm with you, snowflakes are too lovely and should stand alone!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty with those delicate snowflakes and the pearl centers!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Vicki! Beautiful card! Lovely trail of snowflakes with fabulously colored pearl centers! The sentiment really brings out the sweetness of your creation! Hope your week is extra happy! Hugs, de

Lynn McAuley said...

What a delicate beauty, Vicki! I love this gentle cascade of powder blue snowflakes centered with your pretty pearls!

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Vicki, I love the frosty feel :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Nonni said...

What a great design, I love the flow of the snowflakes! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Pia S said...

How lovely! Perfectly arranged snowflakes and sentiment, so beautifully CAS and perfect for postage too!

AJ Bodine said...

Oh this is so pretty, love your trail of delicate snowflakes with pearls!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Vicki! I love the snowflakes and the added blue pearls, fabulous sentiment too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Céline said...

really love it
hugs
céline

Mad Moose said...

Simple but effective. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Davi said...

A Beautiful card Vicki!! I love the look with the blue pearls and snow flakes its rather elegant!!

nwilliams6 said...

This is WONDERFUL and so FUN! Perfect snowflake CAS card. Love it! Hugz

mixamatoasties said...

Beautiful CAS card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Cass said...

Beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Cass said...

Beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Jane Willis said...

Very pretty, the CAS look is just right for this
Jane

Wedgie said...

Really gorgeous card Vicki, I love those pretty snowflakes.
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I love this so much Vicki the delicate snowflakes topped with those beautiful pearls the colour is awesome,
hugs
lorraine x

Donna said...

Wow, you are making some stunning CAS cards, this and the reindeer are amazing!

Dawn Frost said...

Vicki this card is gorgeous! I've got to add it to my must do list!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Wow, beautiful.
Hugs,
BożenA

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card and love the pearl centered snowflakes--enjoy the cuddles
Carol x

Asha said...

Amazing! It's the perfect Christmas card... peacefu, pretty and brings me great joy just looking at it. Of course all the glitter and bling helps! LOL:
x Asha

Pia Larsen said...

LOVE the simplicity of the design!
Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. Hope you will join us again :)
Pia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...