"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year Full View Shaker Card with Fuse Tool + Video!!

Hello friends!
Christmas is over now and I hope that you have enjoyed every minute of it!
The end of the month is quickly approaching and so that means it's almost time for a NEW YEAR!
I happen to be pretty excited about the prospects for 2016, how about you?

So in the spirit of the season, I thought it would be fun to "shake things up" a bit more:
Isn't this such a fun concept!  I have stuck the numbers on the outside of the design.  There is a full card front inside that I have decorated.  I have also decorated the outside clear plastic and sealed it together after putting lots of fun sequins and sparkly stars inside of it!  (I thought the back would be a great place for a party invite or a special message to someone.)  If you just want to say "hello" and wish them a great New Year, I think this would just put a smile on anyone's face! :)

I have used the Fuse Tool to seal the plastic storage sleeve together after adding in the sequins.  The numbers on the front of the plastic sleeve are from an older die cut set from Stampin' Up! (not available).  I used my Xyron sticker maker machine to attach them to the front.

Here's a closer look at the details of the image:
This image is so cute!  I had a blast getting it all colored and glittered up!  This image is from Whimsy Stamps Drawn with Character Collection and is called Champagne Celebration.  The embossed sentiment above the champagne couple is from the Whimsy Stamps Christmas Scene Builder as well as the stamped white "snow/confetti" on the outside plastic sleeve that was stamped in white Staz On ink.  The image was colored with my Copic markers and I've added some sparkle with my clear Sakura gel pen and Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.  I think the "champagne" color turned out nicely with everything together.  For the embossed sentiment, I have used the Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.


If you'd like to see the process on how I put this together, you can check out the details in my video below!  CLICK HERE to see it on You Tube or you can just watch it below:


Be sure that you if you do check out my video on You Tube to give it a thumbs up!  I have been working so hard on getting my videos just right and it would help to know that you would like to see more videos from me in the future! :)


For the sequins inside of the shaker card, I have used the Whimsy Stamps Pierced Stacking Star die and cut it out with some glitter paper.  I have used several different kinds of sequins that I believe was purchased in a set from My Favorite Things.

Hope you've enjoyed my creation today!  Be sure to catch all of the products over at Whimsy Stamps!  Thanks for stopping by!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Sweet Stampin' - Food & Drink
Little Red Wagon - Happy New Year
Simon Says Stamp - PARTY!

37 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

How fun is that!! I love it, Vicky!

Virginia Lu said...

Fun and festive!! Love the details and design, Vicki. Your video is awesome! Wish you a happy and healthy 2016!

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning and excited to see the fuse tool demonstrated! Happy New Year Vicki,!

Donna said...

Oh my gosh! This is so cute! Great card! Thank you for joining us for this weeks challenge at Little Red Wagon! Donna (DT)

Sarah said...

Totally brilliant!! Love this fun card, bet it would be even funnier after a few drinks to welcome in the New year!! It's been great seeing what you have got up to this year and looking forward to next year!! Wishing you many good things in 2016 xx

Donna said...

Another fabulous shaker design Vicki, this is such a cute image and they really look like they're celebrating thew new year in style...have a good one my friend :) Donna ♥ x

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your beautiful shaker card my Friend!
It is so beautiful!!
Happy New Year!
Lots of HUGS~

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wowzer Vicki this is brilliant and so much fun a fantastic New Year card, I hope that you and your loved will will have a great 2016
hugs
lorraine x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.. .this card is so beautiful and perfect

I wish you all the best in year 2016 and good luck
Happy New Year to you and your family

Hugs Anja

Tracey said...

This is a fabulous card Vicki :o)
Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Wishing you a Very Happy New Year!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Lori Kobular said...

Love your awesome New Years shaker card!

Tammy said...

Oh WOW what a fun shaker card Vicki! I love the adorable image and your fabulous tutorial with the fuse tool! Happy New Year my friend!!
Hugs, Tammy

Darnell J Knauss said...

Doncha just love that fuse tool?! What you've done with this design is just sensational, Vicki! A truly fun interactive card!! I wish you a happy, healthy, and crafty new year!! Mwah and Hugs, Darnell

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Party” Challenge! Happy 2016! Yay, Vicki, glad that you entered!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous New Year shaker card great fun image and love the snow-Best wishes for the New Year Vicki and thank you for the comments left on my blog through the year
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

FABULOUS AND AWESOME VIDEO...HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND.XXX

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is wonderful! I love your shaker! I enjoyed your video very much! Happy New Year, Vicki!

Carol L said...

This might just be the cutest card for New Year's that I've seen yet! I love how you made it a shaker card while keeping it flat for mailing! Have a wonderful and happy new year in 2016! I'm looking forward to a year a bit less chaotic :)

Lozzy T said...

Great video and love your shaker card...Happy New Year..Hugs Lozzy xx

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my Vick! How fun is this!! I just love the shaker, it's full of happy and those images are seriously the cutest! LOVE it! Happy New Year!

Nancy said...

Super shaker card Vicki! Do you like the Fuse tool? I have been eyeing it for quite sometime! Awesome Video too! Happy New year!

Bad Kitty said...

thisi s great!
Happy new year!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

cm said...

Vicki, your adorable smiling champagne images, transformed into a wonderfully delightful shaker, and video have me smiling alllllll over my face! Your 'how-to' is such fun; as I've mentioned before, we could craft along with you if we had the supplies; that's how well-paced, detailed and engaging you are! Wishing you a Happy New Year! May 2016 be filled with joy, laughter, excellent health and plenty of love, along with tons of crafting time!
Hugs~carol

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card, the design is so cool Vicki, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin' and Happy New Year!!!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! fabulous shaker card, Vicki! I love the colors and festive "bubbliness" of all the activities and movement in your creation! I hope your Christmas celebrations were extra special. I'm beginning to emerge from this last exacerbation, and hope to be visiting more regularly, soon! Happy New Year! hugs, de

Patti J said...

SO cute!!! Love everything about this one! Thanks for sharing :)

Deb said...

Wow I love this Vicki! What a great idea to enclose the card to be a complete shaker, just fabulous! Happy New Year, my dear friend, wishing you lots of luck for 2016! hugs Debxx

Maria A. said...

HAPPY 2016 VICKI, WISHING YOU JOY AND HEALTH THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
I love this festive card, the image is so adorable and perfect to celebrate the New Year.
I've been after this tool and I think I'm finally going to get it, I love shaker cards and I think this tool is the answer.
Thank you for sharing.

Pia S said...

How fun, how creative! Love this concept!

MiamiKel said...

Oh I am glad I checked back, I had a feeling my comment wasn't here! :(- I was on my iphone and it kept rerouting (glad I checked back!) THIS IS SUPERB!!! Perfect for the New Year and charming and creative, too! So sparkly - like the bubbly ♥ Blessings, m'dear!

Céline said...

happy new year !!! this card is really fun
hugs
céline

Becky said...

Happy New Year! Love this card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How awesome! I love the cute images and really LOVE the idea of this shaker fused into the plastic. May 2016 bring you many blessings!

VanessaB said...

so cute and so fun! great video, too. i want to make a shaker like this... love it!

Asha said...

Can't think of a better card to start the new year.Its got glitter, sparkle and bubbly - PERFECT! Have an amazing year, my friend and may all your dreams come true. I'll be cheering you on!
hugs, Asha

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun! I am thinking I need a fuse tool! This is great, Vicki. Hugz

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, I watched the video, a super idea! You do such a good job doing the videos. It is so much fun for a New Year card but it would work great for a birthday card. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...