"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

It's CAS time at Addicted to Stamps & More!

Good evening friends!
I've been slowly trying to get all of my Christmas creations done so that I can send them out!
So I wanted to share with you a simple way to get them done if you haven't yet with our challenge over at
(Click badge to be taken to the blog!)

The challenge for this week is my fave - CAS = Clean & Simple
For all the CAS inspiration from the DT, please be sure to visit the challenge blog!

We also have a great sponsor joining with us this week as well:
(click badge to be taken to the store.)
They are giving away SEVEN digital images to a lucky winner!  So be sure you don't miss out!

They were also kind enough to give the design team some images to work with and here's what I've come up with using one of them:
I had so much fun with this card!  I have used this gorgeous digital stamp from Bugaboo called Snowflake Reindeer Silhouette.  Before printing it out on my computer, I had some options from my word.doc program to change up the color, so I thought it would be fun to print it up like this.  I like how some of the snowflakes turned out light brown and some white within the image.

After I printed it out, I took my LF Stitched Rectangle die to cut it out.  I then took a sentiment from one of my stamp sets in my stash and stamped it with Early Espresso ink. (I can't recall right now which set it was from! LOL!)   I decided to cut out a layer of Early Espresso card stock to put behind it as well as cut a couple of snowflakes from a Memory Box die I had.  I also cut an additional one out with glitter paper to add with the brown ones.  I've also taken my photo corner punch and punched out a couple from the glitter paper to put on two of the corners behind my brown panel.

This entire layer was popped up over my white A2 sized card base with some craft foam or fun foam for extra dimension.  I love the brown color with the sparkle added to it!

Hope you've enjoyed my CAS creation today!
This will be last challenge as a design team member for them.  Just wanted to say thanks to Kylie and the other girls for having me along this last year...I sure had fun!!

Thanks so much stopping by!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Fantasy Stampers - CAS Christmas
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage - Anything Goes

41 comments:

jimlynn said...

I've never thought to do that with a digital stamp - but absolutely love the look! So different and pretty. Love the way you did the corners on here too. A beautiful card!
Lynn

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card!
hugs
>^.^<

Tammy said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I love that image and the colors are gorgeous!
Hugs, Tammy

aussie aNNie said...

Vicki. Lovely card and image and the colours are gorgeous. As you know I often play with my images in my Paint Shop Pro programme and love it...well done my lovely friend.
 { aNNie}

Barb Ghig said...

You did such an amazing job with this digi stamp, Vicki! I love the pattern, and your snowflakes are so pretty!
I'm going to miss having you on the team...it's been great fun working with you, and I wish you well!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beautiful design Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Karen D. said...

gorgeous card!!! love the patterns and colour.

Margreet said...

Great card with a beautiful reindeer!
xxx Margreet

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Deborah Frings said...

Stunning! I love the colours on your snowflake reindeer. And that touch of sparkle is just perfect. Nicely done. xxx

Hetty said...

Wonderful card! Great colors.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Vicki..he looks stunning in those colours..a fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card my Friend!
Thank You~

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is a stunning Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers Challenge 51 “CAS Christmas” Hugs Jackie (DT)

Lori Kobular said...

WOW!! That is absolutely stunning! I love the way the deer looks! Awesome card!!

Tammy said...

Very handsome Christmas card, great for single male friends or sons! Love the colors!

Patti J said...

You are incredible! Beautiful card, Vicki!ngreat way to use that digi, my friend! Hugs...

Rahmat said...

I think changing the color is a great idea, as the image looks brilliant! It was great to be with you on the same team Vicki, I am sure we will see you around the blogland.

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Vicki, this is incredible! I love that deer and how you changed the usual colors. Great sparkle, too.

Claudia Rogier said...

Hi,

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CCC Challenge.

hugs
Claudia
DT Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

Davi said...

This is sooo pretty! I love the colors you used and the bits of shimmer :)

MiamiKel said...

Be still my heart, this is dazzling! What a striking card - a visual holiday treat for the eyes! Love love love this :)
I'm sorry I"m behind in visiting - I have missed your work most of all - life with 4 kids is on overdrive here (and throw in 3 December kid's birthdays and you've got madness! LOL!)
Hugs!

Lisa J said...

This is a stunning CAS card Vicki. And such a great idea, never entered my head to colour a digi like that! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Creative Craft Cottage

Patricia St Martin said...

Sorry I have been lost with so much to do. This time of year is so hard. Gorgeous job with the reindeer silhouette doing it this way turned out fantastic. Your corners are just the right touch.
Hugs Pat

Pollard Carole said...

Loving this its such a classy design that reindeer is amazing Love and hugs Carole x

Monika Reeck said...

I love this image
so festive
and so great Vicki
it looks like a BATIK motiv
loove so much and great Snowflakes there
Love really your gold glitter paper
adorable and Festive card
hugs
Monika

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful card, Vicki! I love that you did a color on the image before printing and the matting and sentiment are all perfect. Super well done! Hugz

Céline said...

sooooooooooo gorgeous
hugs
céline

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Vicki this is quite simply beautiful I do love to see Reindeer on Christmas cards the pattern on this one is spectacular so is that wonderful sparkle, top notch card
hugs
lorraine x

Lilian YF said...

Gorgeous!!! Love it!
Lilian ATSM DT teamie
The Leaf Studio

Shelly Schmidt said...

So love what you did here- such an awesome look to this deer. A beautiful card!

Desire Fourie said...

Wow absolutely love what the touch of colour did to the reindeer.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Donna said...

This is absolutely stunning, love it Vicki!

Pia S said...

I love how ow you altered this image to give it a nice touch of color that goes really well with the golden details on your card. I think it looks so elegant!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Stunning creation Vicki! I love everything about your card. What a great idea! These colors are gorgeous together. I love this card. Very creative!

I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog as well.

Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you again for the next challenge. Good luck in the challenge. Happy Holidays. Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

crafty-stamper said...

Love what you did with the image and great CAS layout
Carol x

Neets B said...

Fabulous work with this digi, Vicki! I love deer images and this one is lovely. It's been fabulous working with you at ATSM, thanks for being a wonderful teamie xx

Karen McCaughern said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen DT

Asha said...

WOW! This is CAS perfection. Love how you dressed up the stag... my Word, aren't you a clever one?! Pun intended!
x Asha

ccheney said...

Wonderful card! I love how the deer turned out. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage

Aurora Aurelia said...

Stunning.. love the colour choice and design.. Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge #23.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good luck at the draw.. ;)

hugs,
~RoRa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...