"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, December 21, 2015

Last Minute Gift Idea - Shaker Money Holders! + VIDEO + Coffee Break Stamp Set WINNER!

Hello friends!
Are you all ready for Christmas?!
If you are in the same "boat" with me, then the answer is NO! LOL!

I have most things done, but my Christmas baking and preparations will be going on all this week, so while I am waiting for cookies in the oven...then it's time to do some stamping while I'm waiting in between...yes, I multi task like that!  I actually find this time as "getting me in the Christmas mood" because it's all of those last minutes of rushing around and humming Christmas tunes is what I really love about this Holiday!  I always think about the people that I'm gifting while I'm making things up and this is what is really special to me.  I can't wait to see everyone! :)

So...if you are "lurking around" the blogs and such, I hope you'll find this useful or at least something that you can reserve for next year if you like the idea.

But I have made these fun "Shaker Money Holders" for those people that receive gifts in the form of cash from me usually every year.  I find this not just the fact that it's easiest, but I find it the BEST because no matter the age, one size fits ALL, you don't have to return it and you don't have to go to a special place to use it...you can use it wherever and however you find it useful.  Many people, including most of my family, are in different times in their lives and need money for various things that they may not ask for in a gift, so I think this is a great idea to give out.

I "went to town" and made several of them at one sitting because I found them so easy:
I have pulled out some tools that I don't use often including some of my fave Lawn Fawn products including some fun sequins that need to be used up and some extra plastic storage sleeves laying around...so I thought this is was just a great idea all together!

For the "money holders", I have used those plastic storage pockets/envelopes (by Avery Elle) and included some sequins from my stash in various colors, shapes and sizes.  I show in the video how to get the shaker contents on both the front and back of the design.  Of course to seal the money pocket holder together, I have used my Fuse Tool, but I also mention in the video that you could use some "red line tape" or "sticky strip" to hold it together too.  (I think the Fuse Tool is the best bet for securing a hold to the contents stay together well.)

And of course to decorate it, I have pulled out my fave Lawn Fawn stamps!  The one that I've used on all of them is called Critters in the Snow.  I think they're so cute! :)  Now, I show in the video the Xyron Sticker Maker machine to add some adhesive on the back of the cut out pieces so that they become "stickers" to the add to the shaker money holders.  I forget about this and don't use it as often I should be.  It's a great way to attach cut out pieces to something like this! :)  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment also comes from the Lawn Fawn set called Let it Snow.  The circle sentiment with the igloo and penguin on it came from an older Stampin' Up! set.

I also have added on some various ribbons from my stash and attached them with sticky strip and/or glue dots.  They seem to hold together on the plastic pretty well.

Here's a close-up view of the igloo penguin one:
Of course it looks so fun with money in it!! LOL!!

If you'd like to see this fun shaker holder in action and if you'd like to make one for yourself in case you're needing a last minute gift idea...I have made a quick video for you:
To view the video, you can CLICK HERE to see it on You Tube or you can just view it below:


It was really easy, right?!  If you have one of these tools and haven't used it yet, this is a great way to get started with it!  Plus, I'll have more ideas coming with it soon!  So stay tuned in!

Here are some closer views of the other money holders:
I know it may seem funny, but I believe that I have each one figured out of who gets what "critter" for their gift!! LOL!!  I do this as I'm making them up...I think of each person.

I think this deer is so cute, but so pretty at the same time.  For this one, I've decided to add one of the white snowflake sequins to the front.  You could also stamp with some Staz On ink before you put the shaker contents inside if you wanted to do that.  I found that I didn't want to cover too much of the front of them so that people could have fun shaking it up! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE WINNER OF THE WHIMSY STAMPS "Coffee Break" stamp set is.....
#78 - Dawn

Congrats Dawn!!  I have already contacted the winner and waiting to hear from her.
If a redraw is needed, I will let you know.

Thanks so much for dropping in today!!  I hope you've enjoyed my tutorial for a last minute Christmas gift idea!! :)  I'll be back soon!!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Simon Wednesday Challenge - "Die Crazy"

Just Add Ink - Gift Card Holder (money holder count?)

Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes

Lawnscaping Challenge - Christmas


45 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

love this holders!
so cute!
great video,thank you for sharing
congratulations to winner!
I wish you Merry Christmas!
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Mary Kay Werry said...

I have thought about this and saw some other videos with gift cards. I just hesitate because I hate having them cut into the 'card' to get their gift. then it isn't fun to shake anymore. was thinking to actually make it like a folded card - front is shaker part - back has the money but a seal at the fold so they still have the shaker part to play (and no sequins all over the place - but they can cut the gift out.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is brilliant, Vicki! I love these shakers! They are adorable! Thank you for the video! And you give a lot of money - I want to be on your list haha!

kody21 said...

those are so cool looking and love your video, very easy to follow~~~

crafty-stamper said...

Great idea love the shaker money holders -brilliant
Carol x

Lin said...

What a great idea, Vicki! I love your variety! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I just LOVE these! What a fabulous idea and these are awesome!!!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, these are ADORABLE!!! The LF critters are so cute, but adding them to the shaker money holders is ingenious!

Carol L said...

You are so clever to come up with this festive idea! I love how the cash sparkles! I find it interesting that you craft while baking, and if I tried that, I'd have sparkly cookies with those static-laden sequins all over them I'm sure!

Patrice said...

Money holders definitely count! I agree with you, money is such a versatile and perfect gift for anyone - we all need it right?! I love the way you've packaged your gifts. Such fun and could even be a good savings plan for the recipient lol. Thanks so much for sharing your creative ideas with us at Just Add Ink, Vicki. x

Chrissy said...

What an awesome and nifty idea Vicki..I love your money shaker holders and the cute little images you used..fantastic.

luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

Oh Vicki, these money holders are sooo CUTE!! I love all of the images you've used and the fabulous shaker design!! Fantastic tutorial too, that Fuse Tool looks awesome! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Blessed New Year my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh these are not only adorable but brilliant Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a clever way of doing another version with the shaker method..... Images are cute.....

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- so cool! I am going to watch this video and get busy and try to make one : ) There will be sequins all over on Christmas day!

Céline said...

fab idea !!!
hugs
céline

Tracey said...

These are absolutely fabulous Vicki :o)
Wishing you & your family a Very Merry Christmas!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creations my friend and love your images. We only just got back from vacation and thought I'd have a bit of a play with images. I wasn't going to publish till the new year but accidentally pressed publish instead of draft so here I am....no more though till the 1st January. Have a wonderful Christmas and hugs to you...xx {aNNie}

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is such an awesome idea! I love it! Another fun thing to do with the fuse. I still haven't tried mine out much yet! Thanks for the inspiration!!
-Jen

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wowzer Vicki these are absolutely brilliant what a wonderful way to give a give a superb project
hugs
lorraine x

Treva said...

Cute money holder, thanks for the tutorial!

Patti J said...

These are so cute, Vicki!! Thanks for the tutorial, and the inspiration! Hugs...

Davi said...

How cool are these delightful gift holders!! So clever and fun, LOVE them Vicki :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Another great idea and wonderful tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing it wit us. Love all the sequins and a person can get them for any occasion now. Want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.
Hugs, Pat

Lola said...

Oh my these are adorable! I bet the pouches themselves are kept as keepsakes.

D- said...

Thanks so much! I just sent you off an email reply.
OMGosh your shaker money holders are soooo cute. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Asha said...

This is an amazing idea, Vicki. Can't take my eyes off the sparkly sequins! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. Special cuddles for Mocca from my motley crew!
HUGS Asha

Pia S said...

You're so creative! Such a fab design, super cute, for a money gift!
Wishing you a lovely Christmas. Tomorrow is the big day, in Norway Santa arrives after Christmas dinner so all presents will be opened tomorrow, you'll probably have to wait one more night if I'm not mistaken...

cm said...

Adding my voice to the others, cheering and applauding your project that runs the spectrum from 'practical' to beautiful! Your creativity is a constant source of awe; coming for a visit is a guarantee of my spirits lifted and ideas sparked! I don't have a fuse tool (although you're making a compelling argument for getting one *grin*), so I'll have to give the tape a try. Your videos are such delights: engaging and enlightening. If we had the supplies, we could easily craft along with you! Feeling festive!!
Hugs~c

alexandra s.m. said...

Yes! So clever and so special!!
You are simply amazing Vicki!
Hugs~

nwilliams6 said...

These are really, really cute! Love how fun they are. Wish I could make some of these. Hugz

NanaConnie said...

How clever, Vicki! Love these.

Call me Naki said...

Ohh Vicki my friend... these are absolutely adorable!!

Donna said...

These are amazing, I would be as thrilled or more to receive one of these than the money, they are so stunning.

Samantha Casey said...

What a brilliant idea! I love these so much! Thank you so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Roxanne O'Brien said...

Seriously clever idea! I love the glitter and sequins with all the festive critters. What a fun way to give cash!! Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

angelzmom said...

What an adorable idea! Thank you so much for sharing your shakers and the awesome video. :-) Happy New Year!

Desire Fourie said...

This is a wonderful creation and perfect for our 24th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck. Wishing you a blessed festive season.
Hugs
Desíre
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Donna said...

This is such a cool idea Vicki and the shaker wallets are amazing even without any money in them. I can imagine that they were gratefully received by all recipients and many thanks for the video tut...you rock! Donna ♥ x

{Chrissie} said...

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

Julie Z said...

Just catching up on some blog hopping & saw these on the Lawn Fawn blog. I just had to pop over to your blog to see more about these - absolutely adorable!! I haven't had a chance to open my fuse tool up yet & these might just be the perfect project to get me to do it :) SO so neat!

Nancy said...

AWESOME! You are so clever!! They would make great bookmarks too! hmmm.....you got me thinking!

Renee said...

These are awesome, great job on them and you make really good videos!

Karen Petitt said...

I wondered what this tool was and why everyone was getting excited about it. Love these wallets, what a lovely way to give money, and you made them so very cute too Karen x

Jodene said...

These are awesome! Such a great idea :) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Just Add Ink!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...