"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, December 18, 2015

Snoopy Christmas

Hello friends!
**There is literally just a few minutes still left to enter for a chance to win the Whimsy Stamps "Coffee Break" stamp set if you haven't entered yet!!  CLICK HERE to see details!**
-------------------------------------
Whew!  I have to say that although I had a small stack of Christmas cards this year, I still didn't have enough to send out and had to make a couple more and I will just have to call it done.

SO...I couldn't let this Christmas slip pass me without recognizing that The Peanuts Gang is on their 50th Anniversary!!  I remember it just wasn't a Christmas unless we got to see this cartoon every year.  I remember sitting cross-legged in front of the television before bed time enjoying something sweet with a glass of milk watching the Christmas show!  It is also a favorite of hubby's and he even wears a shirt with the characters on it every year too!  I know it is still a favorite among many.

So I decided to make up a few last minute Christmas cards with my "Decorated Dog House" rubber stamp.  I do have a small collection of Peanuts rubber stamps and still enjoy pulling them out once in a while to color.  So I've made some CAS cards:
This is just a one layer white A2 sized card based card that I have stamped the image with and colored it in with my Copic markers.  I used my Copic liner pen to "extend" the line for the snow covered ground.  I also used it to make my own "Christmas Light Bulbs" on the sentiment which is actually a stamp from Lawn Fawn called Winter Scripty Sayings.  I thought it went will with the "curly" looking Christmas lights around Snoopy's dog house.

The Christmas Lights were colored in with my gel pens and it's hard to see in the photo, but I have also covered the snow on the ground with my Wink of Stella glitter pen.
I just had some fun this afternoon coloring so I can get my cards mailed out. ;)

And just for enjoyment while you are here, I thought you might like to "listen" to the nostalgic song and watch the "photo captures" from the TV show:



I will still be back with something fun to share with you before Christmas...like a last minute gift idea if you are behind like myself!!  I will share the process with you as I make them up!!  So hope you will have time to stop back in next week before the festive day begins!!

Thanks for stopping by and spending time here my friends!
Enjoy your weekend during the hustle and bustle!! :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Color Throwdown - any Christmas creation

Brown Sugar - Anything Goes

35 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh these are totally delightful Vicki I have always loved Peanuts can't believe it is the 50th Anniversary, wow doesn't time fly, I love them.
hugs
lorraine x

Bad Kitty said...

love them! so cute!
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Donna Ellis said...

Vicki, how adorable! Best CAS ever! Love how you have done it in both landscape and portrait settings! Pure delight! Huggers, de

Tammy said...

Absolutely love your adorable Snoopy card, too cute! Awesome the way the snow glistens!

Vonnie Garf said...

Oh, I love this card and I want this stamp set. Great job! Thanks for sharing!!! Merry Christmas.

Patti J said...

Both cards are so sweet - I just love these stamps!!! Great job, Vicki, as always!!! Hugs...

Pam said...

Love this! I have to go on ebay to find that stamp now!

SonjaK said...

Totally cute!

Carol L said...

Who doesn't like Snoopy? He looks right at home with his cute decorated doghouse, and I love all the tiny lights on the sentiments too! Adorable cards!

Asha said...

Oh I absolutely adore this card ... which may come as a surprise to you! Watching Snoopy is part of my Christmas tradition too. Christmas just wouldn't be the same without the gang. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. Peace and much blessing to you always, my friend.
hugs, Asha

KT Fit Kitty said...

Cute Snoopy cards! I can think of a couple people who would love to receive these for their Christmas card!

Lola said...

I barely had enough cards myself- so I know just what you mean. These are completely adorable.

Lori Kobular said...

I love your Snoopy Christmas card! That image is so sweet! Love the LF scripty sentiment and it looks great with your added Christmas lights! Awesome card!!

Marlena M. said...

Snoopy makes me happy and so do your cards!!!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh, I can't resist Snoopy, super colouring Vicki. Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Sarah said...

Same here!! I realized I hadn't enough for work colleagues and the ladies that keep their horses here so had frenzied session yesterday, they were no where as cute as your Snoopy ones though!! These are fabulous and evoke many happy memories!! xx

Tammy said...

Awww these are adorable Vicki! I love that cute Snoopy stamp and how you've added the lights on the sentiment!!
Hugs, Tammy

Donna said...

These are both absolutely darling and do bring up happy thoughts and memories! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Vicki!

Pia S said...

Oh, Snoopy the dog. Or at least that's what he's called in Norwegian. ! These cards give me kind of a nostalgic feel. Love what you did with the sentiments, so decorative!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant CAS cards and love the fabulous Peanuts stamps
Carol x

alexandra s.m. said...

Your beautiful cards go straight to my heart!
I ADORE anything with Peanuts on!!
xx

laurie said...

How cute! I LOVE Snoopy!

Merlina Hadi said...

Cute card.. Love it..
Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge, and good luck.

Hugs,
Merlina

Dr Sonia S V said...

Simply adorable !!

Pollard Carole said...

Just wonderful and to think 59 years it brings back lots of fun memories brilliant love and hugs Carole x

CaroleAnn said...

What a great card. Yes, great memories of Snoopy and the Gang!!! I love the CAS you designed and your creative flair of drawing the string and lights!!! So clever! Merry Christmas to you and yours and see you next New Year!!

Big Hugs

Lynn McAuley said...

I love your delightful Snoopy cards, Vicki! I hold that Peanuts gang close to my heart!!

Wishing you a joyous Christmas filled with love and laughter!

Becca Cruger said...

Awwwww - who doesn't love Charlie Brown. The scripty scrawly sentiment is PERFECT for this image! Kudos to you!

Davi said...

Oh my gosh are these the absolute cutest Vicki!! I love the simplicity and the bright red, very fun :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the image- gotta have some snoopy in the Holiday mix! Great image and love your cards!

cm said...

Vicki, your cards have struck a chord with many of us, including me. Peanuts Christmas and Rudolph are my two *must watch* shows this season. It doesn't matter how old we are: we grew up with these gems, that have become a 'tradition,' and we love them! Your Snoopy cards are nothing short of fabulous! Heart-touching; heart-warming!
Hugs~c

nwilliams6 said...

Darling cards - love the image and sentiments. Loved your music and pictures from the movie even more. Fun!!! Merry Christmas to you my friend.

NanaConnie said...

Oh, what wonderful childhood memories, my friend! Delightful card and Snoopy has always been a favorite in my family.

Asha said...

Aaaaaah!!!!! Guess what the mail man dropped in my icy mail-box!!! The Snoopster napping on his roof!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO much I love it, ADORE it and will treasure it. I real Snoopy card... I need to sit down and have a chocolate to recover! Again, THANK YOU! You are a gem, my sweet friend! May all your dreams and desires come true in 2016.
HUGS Asha

Nonni said...

Hi Vicki! I'm trying to hunt down this Snoopy Christmas stamp... I have a friends who loves Snoopy and this would be perfect for next Christmas. Do you remember where you have purchased this or who sells it nowadays? Thank you so much if you have time to answer! My email is nonniscards@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...