Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Whimsy Stamps 12 Days of Christmas - DAY 11!!

Hello friends!
It is now getting closer and closer to the BIG day! :)  Are you ready?!
I think I have pretty much everything ready to go all except for the baking and up-coming big dinner food prep ...oh and the cleaning...which I'm working on right now!



Hope you've been enjoying the "12 Days of Christmas" event so far!
We are on DAY 11 which means that there is only ONE more day left!!  Don't worry, you still have time to gather up all of the letters from each posting day and try to "unscramble" what word/phrase that we want you figure out!  :)  Hope you will come join us in the fun and inspiration over there.  There are some really amazing projects from the DT too!

And no, I do not have "11 pipers piping" today! LOL!  However, I hope you will settle for an adorable penguin on a small gift box:
I can't believe that I've never attempted to try out one of these 2-4-6-8 boxes!  They are super easy to make...so for any of you looking to wrap up the "last minute" small gifts, this is a brilliant way to get it done quickly AND it's something hand made that you can quickly put together too!

I also thought that since we are so close to Christmas, I would make something that could also be used for special party favors or even a winter birthday gift package idea....for those of you that are good little elves and have everything ready to go that is!! :)  LOL!

I have used the Clearly Whimsy stamp set Penguins Winter Adventure along with the coordinating dies for this gift box project.  Before I assembled the box, I stamped the little snowflakes from the stamp set with a slightly darker blue ink so they would show up nicely.  I've also used the Whimsy Shapeology die Stiched Circiles Die Set to cut out a circle with some white glitter card stock to go behind the penguin.  I cut just a portion of that circle off that was hanging over the edge of the box.  The top of the box was rounded off with my corner chomper and I used my Crop-o-dile to punch a couple of holes to close the top of the box with some ribbon and then I added a snowflake rhinestone that I actually had left over from the Whimsy Stamps November 2015 card kit...including some of the blue sequins that was added to the front. (This card kit has sold out, but there will be a brand new kit in January coming out...so stay tuned in!)

Here's a closer look at this darling penguin:
I have used my Copic markers to color him in with.  I added some dotting to his hat and scarf for a little bit of "furry texture" on his outfit.  :)  Both the penguin and chunk of ice he is standing on were cut out with the Penguins Winter Adventure Dies, I glued him to the ice and then popped him up over the glitter circle with some foam squares.  I've also added a couple of dots to his cheeks with a white gel pen for highlights.  For the chuck of ice he's standing on, I've covered it with my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen but it's hard to see in the photo of course! ;)

I hope you've enjoyed my project for today for the Whimsy Stamps 12 Days of Christmas Event!
Be sure to check the Whimsy Stamps Blog so you don't miss out on collecting the letters from each day!  There is ONE more day left...so be sure to check it out on the blog tomorrow too!

I also wanted to take this opportunity to wish all of my readers here a very
MERRY CHRISTMAS
I'm thankful to have you apart of my crafty adventures!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Creative Knockouts - Winged Wonders
Winter Wonderland - BINGO!
(I used first row, across:  snowflakes, animal & ribbon)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Holly Jolly Christmas - Anything Goes - Christmas
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Make it Sparkle
Little Red Wagon - Sparkle & Shine

50 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

It is sooo adorable Vicki!!

Cheers
Dr Sonia

Glennis said...

Such a cute box - no letter today?

D- said...

What an AWWW-dorable penguin. Thanks for sharing your sweet gift box idea.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Margreet said...

You made a gorgeous present, my friend! Love that penguin on the half circle!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
xxx Margreet

Asha said...

Totally utterly adorable! The box is a great gift, I have to say! Merry Christmas, my friend!
HUGS Asha

Pia S said...

I've never made a box like this, that is going on my to do list. It's fun to make something other than a card from time to time and a handmade box makes a present even more personal. This one is so sweet.

Sarah said...

Merry Christmas Vicki!! Love this little penguin...super on a gift bag xx

Chana said...

Great project! I love well executed CAS design and your bag is well executed! Thanks for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Adrianne Fane-Hervey said...

this is a great project.

Denise Bryant said...

Very sweet little gift box! Love that adorable penguin!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

This is so pretty and fun. Love the sparkle behind the image. TFS

Bad Kitty said...

super cute!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Bad Kitty said...


Merry Christmas!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Lori Kobular said...

That gift box is adorable! I love that penguin! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

cm said...

Your gift package is a gift in and of itself, Vicki! Beautiful background paper; perfect for your darling penguin! The shimmer and glitter adds such impact! A 2-4-6-8 box, you say? I'll be doing a search for sure! Wishing you a most Merry Christmas, my friend! Enjoy every. single. moment! We're heading to see my family tomorrow (four hour drive north, with a last minute shop-stop in Calgary) so I'm very excited! Fingers crossed all will be well for our journey!
Hugs~c

alexandra s.m. said...

Darling project Vicki!!
Happy Christmas to you!!
Hugs~

Creations by Shirl said...

Merry Christmas Vicki! Aw love your take on that cutie, I could squeeze that cheeks on him......

Julie Curtis said...

Hi Vicki! Beautiful project.

Eva said...

This box is really cute, perfect for some chocolates!

Patti J said...

That snowman is such a little cutie! Great project, as always! Thanks so much for my beautiful Christmas card!nhope you and yours have a safe and blessed Christmas! Hugs...

Carol L said...

He's a real cutie on that box! I just love the blue colors and sequin accents with all that glittery snow! Adorbs!

Sue D said...

Very cute. I like this size of box. Adorable penguin and I like the glittery paper.

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, Vicki, this is adorable! I love this cutie-pie penguin and how you've coloured him! I recently got this stamp set - haven't even inked it up yet! I make my Christmas cards all year long so I will be inking this sweet one soon soon! Now I'm wishing I had the dies too! Your little box is sooooo cute! Wishing you the happiest of holidays!

Lola said...

I'm fairly sure I've tried one of those boxes but it didn't come out nearly as adorable as this! Keeping this for later inspiration for sure.

Céline said...

so cute
hugs
céline

nwilliams6 said...

You have been busy girl! Love this piece and that image is adorable. Super fun! Hugz

Dee Earnshaw said...

Such an adorable project. Perfect for the fun Xmas present:)

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous gift bag. I love it, beautiful colours. Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope we see you again.

Hugs Sheryl DT xx

Vanessa M. said...

Adorable!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, this is just so precious, Vicki! I adore penguins almost as much as snowmen and this one is perfect on his delightful bag/box. Merry Christmas, my friend, and a Happy New Year. :-D

NanaConnie said...

PS Are there instructions for the 2-4-6-8 box anywhere? Would love to try that when I get home.

rovianne said...

Really cute penguin. Great project

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Your pinguin is so sweet and cute.. .love it.

Wish you a merry christmas
Hugs Anja

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Adorable gift box Vicki! Love that sweet penguin. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Donna said...

This s is absolutely adorable Vicki. Merry Christmas!

Jen Scott said...

I love your project. It is just so sweet and adorable.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

so stinking adorable! I hope you had a beautiful Christmas!

Brenda said...

Oh, so cute! I love this frosty little fella. You make me want to try one of these boxes. Thanks so much for bringing the sparkle to the LRW challenge this week! Happy Holidays!

Patricia St Martin said...

You sure got good use out of that darling stamp and die set. Love the way you close the gift bag. Hope your Christmas was special for you.
Hugs Pat

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Aww, the sweetest gift bag ever Vicki, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Deb said...

This is just beautiful Vicki! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and very best wishes for 2016! hugs Debxx

Heather said...

A gorgeous gift bag Vicki, a lovely design with fabulous colour and pattern........your sparkling panel is perfect for the beautiful cute penguin!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

laurie said...

Super cute penguin and gift box Vicki! Happy new Year!

Berina RGA said...

Love this gift box!! So adorable!! Nice color
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Tammy said...

This little gift box is adorable Vicki!! I love the colors and that sweet penguin! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Donna said...

Hey Vicki. Apologies for being AWOL, that little thing called Christmas got in the way of both blogging and commenting and I'm so pleased to have some time over the holidays to catch up on your wonderful makes. I love this cute gift box and the penguin is so adorable! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I'm wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year! Donna ♥ x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my what a little cutie this is Vicki the Penguin is a sweetie I love it
hugs
lorraine x

MiamiKel said...

This is toooo cute! I know you love your penguins and this is just a delight!

Alison Barlow said...

I love this little penguin on a great gift box. Thank you for sharing your fantastic project with us at Winter Wonderland.
Alison x

VanessaB said...

soooo adorable!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...