"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, January 8, 2016

Birthday Fun + Sneak Peek + NEWS!!

Happy Friday friends!
Does it feel like we've finished a whole entire week in the New Year yet?!  I'm still in a "fog" from Christmas festivities, so I'm trying to get caught up here! LOL!

I have many things to share with you in today's post, but first, let's start out with this super fun  birthday card I made:
I thought it would be fun to make an ombre looking background using the Whimsy Stamps Basic Christmas Backgrounds clear set.  I turned it vertically and stamped the different colors in the background at different lengths to get the gradient falling "confetti" effect.

I then stamped some balloons from the Clearly Whimsy Stamps set called Happy Everything with the coordinating colors from the background and then die cut them out with the coordinating die set called Party Time.  I stamped the balloon strings with the same stamp set and then popped up the balloons with some foam tape over top.  I've also covered the balloons with Wink of Stella.

For the sentiment I have used the Whimsy Stamps Happy Large Word die to cut it out with silver metallic card stock and then used the "birthday" sentiment from the Happy Everything stamp set and stamped it in black right below the word die.  I layered this white onto a piece of silver foil card stock which is the same that I used for the die cut word and then layered these onto a black A2 sized card front.  I've also added some silver sequins and put a spot of silver Stickles in the center of those.

Here's a closer view of the details:
I am always in need of birthday cards, so this will help me get started in making the ones that I will need for this year! :)
Hope you've enjoyed my fun birthday creation for you today!
Please scroll down further for MORE fun!
--------------------------------------
Here are the challenges I'd like to enter the above card for:
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Fantasy Stampers - Happy Birthday

Cardz 4 Guyz - Anything but Square

The Male Room - Anything Goes

--------------------------------------------------

Do NOT miss out on my blog next week as I will be sharing some new products as well as informational videos with you during the New Release week for Whimsy Stamps!

*Be sure that you follow along on the Whimsy Inspirations Blog so you don't miss any updates!*

Here is a small snippet of something that is coming....
Can you guess what might be coming?!  Super sweet fun on the way soon!! :)


One more bit of news to share with you as well....
Did you know that right this minute the Whimsy Stamps January 2016 card kit is being available for PREORDER?!! Click on the link above...go now!
Preorder is open for the Whimsy Stamps monthly kit. These kits will begin shipping on January 13th. Please be advised if you order this item with any other products, your order will be held until it can be shipped in full. 
  The contents of the kit are the same with the exception of the rubber stamp - you can choose between which one you want.  The rubber stamps from each kit can also be purchased separately, but will not be available until the New Release date scheduled for next week.  You now have the option to reserve one before they become sold out!  This is a great option to ensure that you will receive it!  Once they sell out, they will not be re-stocked.

You can click on the photos below to go to the store to see each kit fully.

This is the January 2016 card kit with the Crissy Armstrong Doggie Skywriter rubber stamp


This is the January 2016 card kit with the Lee Holland Woodland Owl rubber stamp

So please be sure that you join me next week when I will also be detailing out the contents from this card kit as well as a fun little project to make with it afterwards!  I can't wait to show you all the absolutely wonderful items in this kit!!

Thanks so much for joining me today!!
I look forward to sharing more with you tomorrow!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


31 comments:

Lisa J said...

Very cheerful birthday card Vicki! Great Work. Lisa x

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome Birthday card! I love all the polka dot confetti and that gorgeous big silver happy!!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Vicki & I love how you've used the die & the stamp together :o)
Hope you've had a great start to 2016!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Margreet said...

Great birthday card Vicki...love it!
xxx Margreet

Julie Curtis said...

I need to get some of the Ombre ink I love the look every time I see it used. I never thought of using stickles inside the sequins what a great idea Vicki :)

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely super fun card, Vicki! Very cheerful and festive! And WOW!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your SCS pocket tissue holder tutorial - you were always going places,girl, and I'm just humbled to know you! ♥ Blessings!

Deb said...

This is so gorgeous Vicki! Love the silver metallic Happy, it totally pops off the card! Hope you have a fabulous weekend ahead! hugs Debxx

Lori said...

Such a pretty card!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this cheery birthday design perfect for absolutely anyone!! Sensational, Vicki!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the ombre stamping of the background and great little sneaks!

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is a stunning birthday day. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers Challenge 52 “Happy Birthday” Hugs Jackie (DT)

jimlynn said...

I need to get started on making birthday cards too. Love this one and all the fun dots and spots - and balloons too of course.
Lynn

Sarah said...

Up up and away!! Love the citrus colours here Vicki xx

JoAnn said...

Great birthday card. Love the balloons. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

Diane said...

Happy New Year Vicki, wonderful background, balloons and birthday design.

Hugs Diane

Cazro said...

Brilliant I lvoe your non square card for our challenge. Great design. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

Shelly said...

SUPER fun birthday card!!
And love your little peek...can't wait to see!
Happy Friday! :)

Donna Ellis said...

Great Birthday card design, Vicki! So full of happiness and sparkly movement! Hugs, de

Asha said...

What a bright and fun card.It's just bursting with happiness.... what a fabulous way to send birthday wishes. Love that you popped up the balloons. They look like they are about to float off the card. Enjoy your w/end, Vicki.
hugs Asha

Carol L said...

That's such a festive birthday card with the mirrored sentiment, balloons and sequins! Fun card!

Patti J said...

You sure have a way of bringing life to your stamps! Beautiful birthday card, Vicki, and can't wait to see what's coming up - love the snippet!!! Hugs...

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Vicki such joyful colours I love that shiny sentiment a superb make
hugs
lorraine x

CaroleAnn said...

Oh, do I love this card!!!! Wish I had more time to play - I would love to make a card like this. You are just so inspirational to me - I need an album for just all your ideas for me and then I need to live to be at least 125 to try everything I see you do!!!! LOL Hugs

Nancy said...

Love the layout and design Vicki! I too need to get a move on and start working on that Birthday stash! This is a great card! Thanks for linking up with us this week at Seize the Birthday and Happy New Year too!

Deborah Frings said...

Super colours, lovely layout and I do like the bold, die cut Happy! Great card. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at The Male Room!

Pia S said...

Love seeing cards using Christmas stamps for a non Christmas card and vice versa. Great ombré effect and your card sparkles and shines and has lots of party feel! A great inspirational card, Vicky.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the CAS layout and bright colours
Carol x

Céline said...

so pretty
hugs
céline

Patricia St Martin said...

Really cute birthday card, great colors! The balloons are a nice touch. Looking forward to see what you do with the new kits.
Hugs Pat

Maria Simms said...

What a beautiful card, great colours and lots of interesting bits!
Thanks for joining our Birthday challenge over at Fantasy Stampers x

Louise van Vuren said...

Super card, the balloons on the dotty background make it look like a sky full! Thanks for joining us in The Male Room. Hope you will play along again very soon
Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...