"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Blogger and Google with Friend Connect

Hello friends and happy Friday to you!!

I have a note that I wanted to pass along that I see many of my blog friends doing the same thing and so I thought it was probably a good idea just in case the information needs to be passed along for some reason.  CLICK HERE for information from blogger on the "Friend Connect" gadget.

You will notice that I have a "friend connect" or "blogger followers" gadget on the right sidebar of my blog here.  There are many people that like to let you know publicly that they are "following" your blog which is very nice and I use it myself.  HOWEVER, if this is the method at which you do get updates to my blog and you DO NOT have a Google profile, you have been automatically removed from my "followers" gadget.  What does that mean?  It means that if this is method in which you follow along with my blog, you won't see my updated posts any longer and you will not see your profile on my "friend connect" gadget.  I have lost a few of you as of now.

So if you would like to get a Google profile to follow me again, you will be able to receive the updates and your profile will show up in the "follower's gadget" again. (and on all of the blogs that you follow.)  To get a Google profile, CLICK HERE to see the information.  It's very simple and easy to do.

On another note, if you do not want a Google profile, there are several other ways to follow along with me on this blog as well as other social media that you may prefer on the right side of my blog here.  You can get updates for my blog through your e-mail box OR connect with me on FB, You Tube, Pinterest or Flickr profiles that I have.  What I use currently and that I highly recommend to anyone to keep all of the blogs you follow neatly organized and easy to read is through
FEEDLY
This is my favorite reader to quickly go through the hundreds of blogs and websites that I follow daily.  I have used it for a few years now and really love it.  If you use Google Chrome as your browser, Feedly has a "mini Feedly tool" that will show up in the bottom right corner of every blog that you are surfing and when you click on it, it will expand so that you can add the current blog you're visiting to your Feedly reader.  You can select from there in which category you'd like to save the blog for future reading.

I also know of another popular feed reader which is Blog Lovin'.  I have tried it, but do not like it and found the Feedly reader a much better option for me.  However, there are many people that really seem to enjoy using this method.  So the point is, there are plenty of options in which you can choose to follow along with me and your other favorite blogs to get updates.

I know that there are many people that follow along with me who do not leave comments, but I have received e-mail from a few of you that say you have been following along with me for years!  So there are some people there that are very quiet, but I want you to know that I TRULY appreciate your support no matter how you prefer to follow along with my blog.  It is ALL very much appreciated and I'm deeply grateful to have such a wonderful group of fellow craft lovers to share with!

Enjoy your Friday and I'll see you again tomorrow!! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

why can't they leave things alone-I have lost another few yesterday
Carol x

Maria A. said...

Hello Vicki: I think I have Google connect because I have a google account and email. I think I also subscribed to your friend connect gadget, I just want to make sure I get your post notifications.
I agree with Crafty-stamper, I hate when "they" (who ever they are), mess up a good thing, just to make "improvements".
Like they say: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" Hugs.
Maria.

Aileen Ryan said...

Techno geeks can never leave well enough alone. So many times I hear the ranting of my husband as the latest update to the phone,computer,ipad, android etc has caused problems and issues on being installed. I also love using feedly as it is all there at your fingertips just hate when I fall behind and never seem to get to everything. Ahh well cant have everything. I have found myself double dipping Feedly and email link then I catch the latest one way or the other. Love following you.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Thanks Vicki, I passed this on on my blog. Its really annoying - I have lost loads of followers by now :(

Céline said...

I think it's happen to me too, i've lost some of my readers since one week :(
can i copy and past a part of your message ?
hugs
céline

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...