"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Just Us Girls Color Combo Challenge

Hello friends!
Happy weekend!  Hope you're staying warm where you are.
Wanted to share another brand new challenge over at
JUST US GIRLS
for my guest design spot for this month and this week's color combo:
Now I know that this color combo would probably have you thinking of cold things like snow, but I wanted to create something that had a little bit of warmth to it...and yes, I've used another butterfly image again this week.  I'm seeing many butterfly creations all over and wondering if this is going to be the trending theme for this Spring?  Perhaps it's just me?  Anyway, here's my card:
I have pulled out a brand new stamp set for me from Happy Little Stampers called Butterfly Birthday including the coordinating butterfly dies that go with it.  It also comes with a couple of great sentiments to use within the set which I have used on my card here.  They are a fairly new company located in Australia with designs by Kylie Purtell, which I have come to know by being a design team member for her Addicted to Stamps & More challenges.  You should check out her shop, there are some really adorable stamp sets in there! :)

I have done the "smooshing" technique on my design with some Stampin' Up! ink colors Night of Navy and Soft Sky for the blue tones.  I pressed the ink pads onto a piece of acetate sheet and then spritzed them with some water and then applied it to a piece of glossy card stock which gave me this watercolor look behind the butterfly.  I rounded one of the corners of the piece and stamped the sentiment with Night of Navy ink just above the butterfly and then finished it off with some white sparkly enamel dots.  The glossy piece was layered onto a piece of Night of Navy card stock that was also rounded on the corner.  I layered this onto an A2 sized white card base.

For the butterfly on my design, I stamped the image with VersaMark ink onto a piece of Night of Navy card stock and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I used the coordinating Butterfly dies to cut it out and then glued it just in the center of the butterfly to attach to my design so that I could lift up the wings and give it dimension.  I also covered the butterfly with some Wink of Stella for a bit of shimmer.

Hope you've enjoyed my butterfly blues creations today and I hope you will join along with us this week for the great color combo!!  Please be sure to stop by the Just Us Girls challenge blog to see all of the other wonderful inspiration from the team! :)

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:

1.  City Crafter - Butterfly


2.  Happy Little Stampers CASE the designer challenge - CASEing Kylie





















3.  Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge - Smooshing


4.  Happy Little Stampers - anything goes (only if you've used these stamps)


5.  CASology - open

49 comments:

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicky and Good Morning from Germany...

your creation is amazing.. love the butterfly and your
arrangement.

Wish you a wonderful weekend
Hugs Anja

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous inking, butterfly and just the blues.., love this one. Fabulous design as always my lovelyxx
xx
 {aNNie}

aussie aNNie said...

ahhh stuupid robot thingy has left me alone so far and after over 50 comments...whooo hooo.xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Gorgeous! Your smooshed background is so soft and lovely, perfect for that beautiful butterfly. The sparkly enamel dots are the perfect accent on this.

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colours and the smooshing effect. The white butterfly really pops against the dark blue and is so effective. All set off with those very pretty sparkly dots, love it x

nwilliams6 said...

Love your bg - those blues are wonderful!!! Love the butterfly too. This has inspired me to go do something like this in my Journaling Bible - I'll let you know how it comes out. Hugz

Becca Cruger said...

I've been seeing all sorts of beautiful cards using the smooshing technique across the blogosphere. This one is SOOOO pretty! Love the way the butterfly just seems to be taking flight from the background.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, you rocked these colors....luv this card!

sparkle & shine, kindness

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is super awesome, Vicki! I think your smooching is breathtaking! I can't wait to try it on glossy paper, so thanks for that little tidbit!! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at you getting in all those challenges! Excellent smooshed background - love your card

Chrissy said...

This is stunning Vicki..just perfect.

luv CHRISSYxx

Carol L said...

This is such a classic, pretty card! I love the watercolor look with that gorgeous sparkly butterfly! NJ!

Tammy said...

Beautiful CAS card Vicki! I love the colors and that fabulous smooched background!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Love the butterfly and great smooching technique
Carol x

Bad Kitty said...

very nice
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki I am loving this card so much that splash of colour behind the wonderful butterfly is so designer looking, a super, super card
hugs
lorraine x

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty Vicki! I love how you smooshed the colors and yes, butterflies seem to be the up and coming trend!

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Vicki, great use of the those colors and I love, love, LOVE the embossing on the butterfly!

bumblebee creations said...

HI Vicky!! I love your card!! I am going to have to try that technique!! Hope all is well!!! I hope to get more time in the near future to stop by everyones blogs!!

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful background technique....I'm really going to have to try it. Love the look and that pretty butterfly!

Kylie said...

I LOVE your CASE of my card, Vicki. Those blues are amazing. I love working with brushos and glossy cardstock :) How wonderful to see you crack open your new stamps. LOVE what you did. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Simply amazing smooshing Vicki, it's a fabulous card!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Sherrie M. said...

What beautiful embossed butterfly and fun background! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Céline said...

brilliant card, love the design
hugs
céline

Ardyth said...

So beautiful! Love the watercolour background and the open wings of the butterfly! So glad you joined us at CASology, Vicki!

laurie said...

Gorgeous Vicki! Your "smooshing" is so pretty, and a perfect background for the butterfly!

Chris D. said...

Your smooshed background looks gorgeous and really shows off that beautiful butterfly! Fabulous card!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a sensational background you have created for your beautiful butterfly, Vicki! Your card is lovely!

Diane said...

Just beautiful Vicki, love the background design and butterfly.

Hugs diane

cm said...

You've used the challenge colours to create a lovely landing pad for the gorgeous butterfly! Stunning!
Hugs~c

Monika Reeck said...

Oh dear I adore you smooshing color in blue
clever way to used the cue card
and I loovee all blue on your card my friend
Vicki you know I just come back from Indonesia
feel tired and jet lag
I miss you
will do catch up after I feel okay
I miss my blogland friends too
hugs
Monika

Stella said...

A gorgeous card; thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Shona Chambers said...

This is such a brilliant take on Kylies card and love that you used a different group of colours. Your smooshing looks fantastic and love the embossed butterfly. So excited to see you at Happy Little Stampers - CASE the Designer!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card my Friend!
Love the butterfly and the etherial background!
xx

Ina G said...

I LOVE that smooching technique. Gorgeous glittery butterfly and great corner rounding - another like of mine hehe.Another stunning creation as our Guest this month at JUGS.

MiamiKel said...

Hi my friend! Such a stunning card in so many ways! From the beautiful color palette to the lovely fresh look and darling butterfly - swoon! You have such a way with designing cards ♥ If there was any card to case, yours would be ammong the first I would look to do! Blessings, dear!

Nancy said...

Love your card, and I just tried that smoothing technique again last night! It's so fun with great results! Thrilled you are with us this month at JUGS!

Davi said...

The beautiful watery background with the blues is sooo soothing and the pretty butterfly with is really is stunning Vicki!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Wonderful inking, Vicki! The embossed butterfly is totally stunning. Thank you for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers!

Karen D. said...

beautiful..love the watercolour bkg.

Deb said...

Wow, Absolutely stunning Vicki! I love your watermark technique, must try that sometime! hugs Debxx

Maria Levine said...

What a lovely smooshed background! I love it and the butterfly rocks!

maria f. said...

Wonderfully smooshed ;)

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Vicki & I love the "smooshing" :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Vicki, I love the blue hues. You are so clever the way you are able to coordinate your cards so perfectly, your work is so inspiring to me :) Donna ♥ x

Asha said...

Love the water colour splogdy background. I've been trying it out, with limited success. Your card in whimsical yet elegant... a tricky combo but you've pulled it off brilliantly, Vicki!
hugs, Asha

Patricia St Martin said...

This is such a pretty card. Love the blues, the water-coloring is wonderful.
Hugs Pat

nancy littrell said...

Just saw your CAS Beauty on the HLS Pinterest Board. Love your lightly Smooshed background for your gorgeous butterfly. TFS Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...