"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, January 29, 2016

Just Us Girls with Tic Tac Toe Happiness

Happy Saturday friends!

Today is my last post as a January guest designer for
Just Us Girls
I sure have enjoyed playing along with these friendly ladies this month and I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared for the challenges as well.

There is a fun Tic Tac Toe board to play with this week:


Here's what I've decided to make for my creation using the above board:
This card just makes me feel happy because it's a reminder that Spring is on the way very soon!  I have used a couple of different rows from the Tic Tac Toe board for this which is the diagonal row with ribbon, stamps & sequins OR I could also use the middle row going down with die-cuts, stamps & flowers.

I have used several My Favorite Things products on this creation.  I have used the stunning Roses All Over Background stamp on the Lemon Chiffon card base as well as the Coral Crush  piece.  I have stamped the flowers out with the Modern Bloom and dies with the Lemon Chiffon for the leaves and the Coral Crush, Peach Bellini and Pure Plum for the flowers.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but I've covered them with Wink of Stella.

For the die cuts, I have used the Stitched Square Frames and the Happy Trio dies.  The "happy" sentiment was cut out with some Peach Bellini card stock.

For the background, I've also taken a paint brush dipped in water and splattered some Pure Plum ink over the yellow card base.  I've added s Pure Plum banner along the side, ribbon and some clear sequins to finish off my design.  I have based both the colors and design from the MFT challenges below.

I hope you've enjoyed my creation today!
Thanks for stopping by!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

41 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card Vicki, great colouring and love stamp...looks fabulous.x
Have a lovely weekend.xx
{aNNie}

Mac Mable said...

Could do with a bit of Spring weather today. It's wet, windy and snowing! So your card cheered me up. Gorgeous layout and colours, loving the splats and the Happy sentiment x

Olga Jewell said...

Fantastic card and 2 great challenges.........

Julie Curtis said...

Vicki i love the Colors you used and the layers are fantastic! Hugz

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us at JUGS for the month of January! Your cards were an inspiration!!

Inkyfingers said...

Such a pretty card Vicki and I love the cheery colours!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! Love the design you used for this Vicki and that wonderful color combination. So lovely!
Lynn

Chrissy said...

So pretty Vicki..love the colour combo and such a neat design..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Yep...reminds me of spring too!! Gorgeous colours and equally gorgeous design xx

Céline said...

love the colors
hugs
céline

Davi said...

Beautiful Vicki! I love the color combo and the pretty flowers. Such a springy card :)

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love the beautiful spring colors and your fabulous design!
Big hugs, Tammy

Lois Wyche said...

Beautiful card.

Monika Reeck said...

Vicki dear
you are so clever using the color conbo and the sketch together
for me this color combo not so easy
but for you looks simply Easy
Great flower on your card and I like that HAPPY Dies
super sweet card
Vicki my cupboard is finish
but I still have to put all the things from carton inside the drawers
I hope monday all is finish hehe
hugs
Monika

Tammy said...

Absolutely delightful card Vicki, gorgeous colors too! Hurrah for spring!

Asha said...

This really is a sweet card, Vicki. And what a pretty colour combo too. Can't wait for spring to get here.
x Asha

Carol L said...

This card just screams happiness to me with it's bright colors, pretty flowers and sparkly sequins scattered about! I really like that stitched frame too!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with a lovely colour combo, Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Bad Kitty said...

great card!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Lori Kobular said...

A beautiful spring card! I can't wait for it to get here too! Love the flowers and the frame!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my friend, this is scrumptious! I love the color palette and the beautiful colorful design - such a cheerful card, Vicki! Hugs!

laurie said...

So fresh and fun! It makes me smile,too. I can't wait for spring!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Vicki! Such a happy, sunshiny card. That dark burgundy is the perfect backdrop for the "happy" in tangerine! It's a wonderful card! hugs, de

Diane said...

Greetings Vicki, love the color combination, framing and card design.

Hugs Diane

Lynn McAuley said...

What a lush beauty! This card is awesome, Vicki!

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a beautiful and happy card Vicki!I love it!
Thank You~

Pia S said...

Ah! Look at these colors. I'm pretty sure this is a combo I've never used, but looks so stunning. Great choice of elements used for this sketch, love how your card turned out!

NanaConnie said...

You've been busy since I last visited, Vicki, but that's my fault for being so absent. :-D Love what you did with that sketch, and your bright color combo. I'm ready for spring but only if we continue to get more rain out here.

vic said...

Lovely happy card Vicki love the flowers I can't wait for spring too! A gorgeous creation
Hugs
Vic xx

Nancy said...

You really have put out some amazing cards for us this month Vicki! This one is no exception! Such a happy card! Take care!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki...your card is beautiful.. love the colours.

Hugs
Anja

Linda . J said...

Very beautiful Vicki and love the colours.

Hugs Linda

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is gorgeous I love those flowers also the fabulous colours and die cuts a right little beauty
hugs
lorraine x

Chris D. said...

Vicki, your card is stunning! LOVE the colors you used and all those layers just make me happy! It was a pleasure to have you create with us at Just Us Girls and I hope to see your amazing cards linked to our future challenges! (HUGS!)

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful, warm and wonderful colors. This is card is so fresh and fun. Love it!

nwilliams6 said...

Makes me feel happy too! Great images and colors. Fun! I am so ready for Spring. Hugz

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

This is so pretty! Love the design and the wonderful colors. Thanks so much for being one of our Guest Designers this month. We have loved seeing your lovely creations! Hope to see you in the gallery again.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love the color combo and great use of that sketch.

Ina G said...

Lovely card Vicki so colourful and great take on our tic tac toe and sketch. It has been fabulous having you as ou Guest with your beautiful work. Thanks so much.

cm said...

What a perfect time for me to see this card, as we're having a very 'wintry' day here, with gusty winds and blowing snow! Your pretty blooms and bright colours are welcome reminders that Spring is on its way! Sooooo lovely!
hugs~c

Donna said...

This is an eye catcher, stunning my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...