"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Let it SNOW!

Hi friends!
 I'm back today with a real quick card I made the other day and got busy with things yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to post it until now!

Brrrr!  Right?!  Are you a fan of snow, or no?
I do love ALL seasons in some sort of fashion.  Like everything else in life, they all have their pluses and minuses of course!  I am thankful to live in an area where I can enjoy every single season in full and sometimes to an extreme condition!  I think if I lived somewhere that didn't give me a chance to see the snow falling outside my window, I would really miss it in all it's beauty.
And where I live, things can change rather quickly when it comes to the weather...so in the extreme cold and snow to the very hot and humid....I get to enjoy it all! :)

I have gotten some brand spankin' NEW Lawn Fawn products and they were just waiting for me to pull them out to shine! :)  I do love those mini snowflakes dies!  I've cut one out with some silver glitter paper and then a few of them in white card stock for my design here.  The Navy background was cut with the Snowy Backdrop die, which was layered onto a piece of silver glitter paper.  The sentiment was stamped with navy ink from the Snowy Backdrops stamp set.  I cut my own "fishtail" for the banner and attached it to the design.  The silver snowflake was attached to a navy circle that I cut out and then layered that onto another piece of silver glitter paper that was cut from the Stitched Circle stackables die.

I've attached all of this onto a piece of white card stock and then layered that onto a navy A2 sized card base.  I've also added a small white and silver enamel dot to the centers of the two largest snowflakes to finish it off.

Speaking of Lawn Fawn, have you seen their newest release for CHA?!  I'm jealous if you went and bought stuff!! Some day maybe I can go.  Oh my the new release has so many fun things that I'd like to add to my cart...but I have to BEHAVE right now!! ;)  So hard when companies do this to you, right?!

So anyway, hope you've enjoyed my snowy creation today!
Be sure to stop by again tomorrow as I will have something fun, new and exciting to share with you!
Stay warm!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Lawnscaping Challenge - Winter Wonderland


Simon Says Stamp - Something New (new LF stuff!)


Shopping Our Stash - Something New

27 comments:

Alanna said...

Great card Vicki. I like be the navy with the silver. Perfect for a snowy scene. I also want all the new Lawn Fawn.

Chrissy said...

I love the navy and silver Vicki with the scattering of white snowflakes..really lovely card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Asha said...

Oh so wintery and gorgeous! I know what you mean about the new LF stuff... I've pre-ordered a few... well, more than a few, actually. :)
hugs Asha

Sarah said...

Love this snowy creation Vicki...wouldn't mind a bit of the real stuff!! xx

Lori Kobular said...

Love your snowy card!! The weatherman is saying we will be getting some snow tonight!! We shall see!!

Shelly said...

This is so sweet and pretty!! Love the snowflakes and glitter!
And yeah, no snow here!...I hope to not ever see any here (if so, we'd have a problem)! lol I'll continue admiring snow from afar...in cards, photos, etc. :)

Rahmat said...

Fabulous card Vicki, loving all the silvery glitter peeking through the die cuts, and the navy blue is such a great choice for the card front.

Donna Ellis said...

Pretty and sparkly, Vicki! It's a lovely card!

Carol L said...

This really is a beautiful card and I like snow, although today everything is covered in white outside and they were calling for rain to end by evening rush hour! WRONG AGAIN! lol Yes, I have to hold the reins on my spending right now too, and I love the new Lawn Fawn release. Have you seen Tim's cats yet? Another gottahaveit..........sigh......

Patti J said...

Very pretty card! Snow really is beautiful to look at...I'm just a big chicken about getting out in it the older I get! Thanks for sharing!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous project Vicki, the colours are so lovely.. I love snow but it would melt in a second today...xx
{aNNie}

Aileen (mum) said...

Love this card Vicki silver and dark blue so work perfectly together. Brilliant

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card, love your sparkles.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Bad Kitty said...

Hello!
Im BIG fan of snow!
your card is very nice!
have a great dday
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki ❤

Céline said...

fabulous design, fabulous card
hugs
céline

Pia S said...

I also love all seasons and I'm glad I live where we have four very different seasons, even though I wouldn't mind being somewhere really hot right now.
Loving your new dies and your first creation using them, I'll bet these will be used quite often:)

coldwaters2 said...

Wonderful festive card Vicki love the sparkle and colours another superb make
hugs
lorraine x

Deepti said...

Gorgeous !!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Vicki! The silver and blue color combo is gorgeous!!
Hugs, Tammy

Rhonda Miller said...

Wonderful card. I love the die cut snowflakes.

Donna said...

Fab card Vicki! Love the blue white and silver together!
Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Something New" challenge!!

Chris D. said...

Ooh! I love that snowy backdrops die and the silver sparkly paper behind it! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

nwilliams6 said...

Super pretty - love the flakes and your bg color. Hugz

VanessaB said...

so very pretty!

NanaConnie said...

Perfect color combo for an icy winter card, Vicki!

cm said...

Vicki, your wintry wonderland card captures the beauty of a fresh snowfall perfectly! The navy/silver/white is gorgeous! We're fortunate to experience all four season, too, although some (like winter) last longer than others. I hear you about *behaving* in buying new products. Our low Canadian dollar (something that costs you $10 translates to $14+ for me...OUCH!) is making shopping incredibly difficult. Guess it will be a while before new goodies come my way; fortunately, I have access to a 'scrapbook' shop in my home city. Her prices reflect the exchange rate (high...sighhh), but at least I don't have to pay for shipping if I visit her when I visit my family. If even shipping rates could be lowered for us Canadians, that would be so helpful! Oh well...economies are economies *grin* Buying a lottery ticket!
Hugs~c

Monika Reeck said...

I guess I finished today until this card Vicki,nearly 00:00 Am here in Munich
Love the snowflakes the star there and the add of the silver paper
it can be manly card right
lovely blue all in one
hugs
Monika (go to bed hehe)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...