"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Making a Stink Over Watercolor

Good morning friends!
Since I had fun playing with my watercolors from yesterday, I thought that I would continue on playing with them to make another card!

I absolutely ADORE this sweet little skunk from Lawn Fawn!  He was actually a "speciality" stamp set and coordinating die that you received as a free gift when you made a purchase a while back.  Well of course I had to jump on the deal...who doesn't need more Lawn Fawn in their life?! LOL!
Anyway, the name of the stamp set is of course "Stinkin' Cute".

I have colored this guy with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and cut him out with the coordinating die which I've popped up over my watercolor heart.

For the heart, I have used some Strathmore Coldpress Watercolor paper and my distress inks that I pressed down on a craft mat, spritzed with water and smeared the paper onto the craft mat with the spritzed ink, which gave me the look.  I had an extra piece of the paper and smeared that onto the left over colors from the craft mat as well.  I used this extra piece to die cut the tiny hearts you see from the coordinating "Stinkin' Cute" set.

For the largest heart, I have die cut it from the watercolor paper with the LF Heart Stackables die set.  I have also used the LF Stitched Small Squares Stackables & the LF Stitched Large Square Stackables for layering the white card stock panels along with the Silver Foil card stock piece over a white 4-1/4" square card base.  I have also taken the coordinating tiny heart from the "Stinkin' Cute" set and cut out an additional heart with the Silver Foil card stock.

For both the sentiment and the tiny black hearts on the watercolor heart, I've used the images from the "Stinkin' Cute" stamp set and stamped those with the Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink so that it could be stamped over the watercolor without affecting it.  I have also used some dashed lined images from the set to make little "stinky scent lines" coming from the skunk! LOL!!  Don't know if that is what is intended for those images, but I thought it would be funny to have him making a stink!! LOL!!

Here's a closer look:

I thought this would be a fun little Valentine to give out! :)
Hope you've enjoyed my creation today!  See you again soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Lawnscaping Challenges - watercolor


Simon Says Stamp - Create with Critters

Simply Create Too - Something New

Allsorts - Valentine's Day

36 comments:

Becky said...

This is so adorable!

Lori Kobular said...

That little skunk is so stinkin' cute! Love him and your card, the watercolored heart is beautiful!

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki! I love that adorable little skunk and your fabulous watercolored heart!!
Hugs, Tammy

Julie Curtis said...

What a clever title! This is really cute!

Mac Mable said...

Oh this is a cute and adorable card. Beautiful water-colouring and such a fun stamp set and brought a smile to my face x

{Chrissie} said...

Eek! This is SOOOO cute! Wait, so STINKIN' cute! I love all of the elements you've created for this card and that heart is just amazing!

Thanks so much for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

Chrissy said...

He is so precious with his little blushing cheeks Vicki..love the water coloured heart and gorgeous card design...fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Shelly said...

Oh, super cute!!

Pia S said...

The sentiment says it all, it IS stinkin' cute! Nice use of inks too!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is soooooooo cute! Love your watercolour!

Bad Kitty said...

ooooo very cute!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

coldwaters2 said...

Adorable, cute card Vicki, love that little Skunk with the wonderful big pink heart a superb card
hugs
lorraine x

Shannon McComb said...

Oh this is SO,SO cute Vicki!!! Love your watercoloring of the heart and that adorable little guy! Just perfect!!

Carol L said...

IMHO one can never have enough Lawn Fawn, and this little stinker is really cute! I especially love the water colored heart and beautiful silver frame!

jimlynn said...

Ahh.... so stinking cute is right! That little guy is adorable and love all the watercoloring you did too. Framed out just perfect!
Lynn

Sarah said...

He's too cute to stink!! Totally adorable Vicki xx

Lin said...

What a sweet card, Vicki! Just love your little stinker! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Donna said...

This is so stinkin cute Vicki! I like that you colored your die cuts, what a great idea!

aussie aNNie said...

Too stinkin cute Vicki....adorable in fact and love your water colouring...mine never turn out like this....hugs.xx {aNNie}

Patti J said...

You are so stinkin talented! Love this card, it's cute as can be, and your watercoloring is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a cool card- I love the cute skunk, and that heart is so pretty! Your watercolor is such a cool look too- do not pull mine out too much....

Lola said...

What is it about skunks that I find so adorable - at least drawn/stamps but not IRL? And such a lovely background!

AnyOldCraft said...

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
AnyOldCraft (DT)

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki...
your playing with the Watercolors are so great.
Your skunk is funny and I love him.
Great design
Hugs Anja

Asha said...

Oh you are sooo right! He IS so stinkin' cute! That watercolour background is awesome, friend. You've nailed it!
hugs, Asha

nwilliams6 said...

So cute!!! Love the framing, your giant WC heart (the pattern of swirls and splotches is perfect) and your darling critter! Everything about this card is stinkin' cute! Hugz

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Team Clark said...

Love your watercolored heart, the silver boarder and these killer stamps! Darling!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is adorable!

Céline said...

this is sooooooooooooo cute
hugs
céline

Jerrie said...

This card is stinkin cute!!

Elise C. said...

Can this get any more adorable!? I don't think so! The skunk is so cute against the beautiful heart!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

crafty-stamper said...

Love the watercolour heart and great silver frame
Carol x

NanaConnie said...

It IS too stinkin' cute! :-D

Monika Reeck said...

That water color heart is adorable Vicki love love love and that animal ooh sooo soo cutee
Lovely heart in silver too
GREAT CUTE Valentine card
you are ready right I am not hehe
I must make one for my hubby
Lovely card always Vicki
hugs
Monika

cm said...

Stinkin' cute is right, Vicki! I'm smitten with your darling little skunk, and that water-coloured background heart? Oh my...consider mine captured with this Valentine delight!
hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...