"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Pocket Tissue Holder Tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers!!

Hello friends!
I am so excited with this news I have to share with you today and I've been holding onto this for such a long time now, so it's great to finally be able to share it with you!


I was completely honored when I had been contacted by Splitcoast Stampers to make a tutorial and video for my Pocket Tissue Holders
(Click the link to be taken to the tutorial on SCS!)

You may remember way back in August when I had made some for a Whimsy Stamps video.  (CLICK HERE to see that post.)  It was shortly after this that I was contacted by SCS asking me to do a tutorial for them to put up on their website!  I was so thrilled to have been asked to do this!  SCS was THE very first place that I became "social" with my stamping and where I got the idea to start up a blog for my crafting!  It's been such a great resource for many, many years and still is!  So if you are NOT familiar with this place, I encourage you to have a look around.  There are so many learning opportunities for beginner as well as experienced stampers!  CLICK HERE to check out the website and learn more about them.

Here are the Pocket Tissue Holders that I've made especially for the SCS tutorial:
I pulled out some of my fave Lawn Fawn products to make these cute and fun Pocket Tissue Holders!  I thought it would be good to have a couple of different styles for these when I made them, so I made one with a pretty formal design as well as a fun/cute design.  They're great for either a feminine or masculine style...and they're so much more fun than just a card to give to someone who is a bit "under the weather".  :)

Here's a closer look at each of them:
For this more formal design, I pulled out the Lawn Fawn Flutter By stamp set along with the coordinating dies to decorate it.  I've colored in the flowers with my Copic markers and arranged them in the corner of my holder.  I added a bit of background stamping on the decorative paper which also came from LF and added a strip of lace and ribbon to finish off the look.  The sentiment stamped on the front comes from the Lawn Fawn Sophie's Sentiments stamp set.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I've also added some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to the flowers.  I've used a white gel pen to dot the centers of the flowers stamped in the background as well.


And if you saw the tutorial, then you know how easy it is to go ahead and make up two of these at the same time while you have everything out...so here's a second one I made with a different style:
I think this one would put a smile on anyone's face!  I have pulled out this oh so cute Lawn Fawn stamp set called On the Mend along with the coordinating dies to use for decorating this Pocket Tissue Holder.  Again, the decorative papers are from Lawn Fawn and I've colored the images with my Copic markers and cut them out to arrange them on my back panel.  I've also used the LF Stitched rectangle dies to cut out the white panel for the images.

So of course I would love for you join in the fun with me!
Please be sure to check out the "Pocket Tissue Holder" tutorial on SCS if you'd like to know how I made these!  If you DO make one, please share it in the SCS gallery that is set aside *just* for this particular project!  I would LOVE to see what you all come up with!
CLICK HERE to see the gallery!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and sharing the excitement with me!
See you again soon! :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Creative Knockouts - All Things New (new stamps!-never used On the Mend before!)
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Creative Corner - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin' - Something New (new stamps)
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Everybody Art - Everything Goes

40 comments:

Rahmat said...

Such a thoughtful project Vicki, love both the tissue holders, lovely stamping on both.

Olga Jewell said...

both are Absolutely beautiful! Love this idea!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cute project and I can understand your happiness...proud to know you Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia

CaroleAnn said...

Love this project and your video was perfect - I loved it and once again you have inspired me to try one more fun project. You know I will have to live to 120 to be able to complete all these wonderful ideas that you bring to all of us!!! Great job - congrats!! Hugs

Julie Curtis said...

Vicki, I love your card! This is sure to cheer up anyone that's under the weather. Congrats on your GT! I'm so excited for you!

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful projects
have a nice day
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Donna said...

Hi Vicki, I just clocked these on Facebook so have whizzed over to leave a comment for you here! These are the cutest designs and they'd be sure to cheer somebody up who is feeling a little under the weather! :) Donna ♥ x

Chrissy said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot Vicki, and love your cute little pocket tissue holders..such a clever idea.

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Ellis said...

Congratulations on your Guest Tutorial Author position, Vicki! I saw your tutorial and loved it! I especially like that you can make someone feel better with the stand up reminder that you cared. SO SWEET! Now for my other hat: Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #25.
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Shannon McComb said...

I love,love,love these!!! What a super sweet idea!!

Jennifer Bradley said...

What a fabulous idea, they are gorgeous and would bring a smile to anyone. Thanks yo so much for sharing with us in our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the draw. Hope we see you again soon. Jennifer DT member x

VanessaB said...

oh my goodness those are the cutest ever!!

Shelly said...

Yay, Vicki!! These are sooo CUTE!! Love them!

Sarah said...

These are brilliant Vicki!! xx

jimlynn said...

Congrats on the guest tutorial! Great job and these are just as cute (and useful) as can be. Precious!
Sorry I haven't been around but things haven't been great around here. Will try to get back over soon.
Lynn

Becky said...

If I was sick these sure would put a smile on my face :)

Tammy said...

Oh how exciting Vicki, a big congrats on your Guest Spot over at SCS!! These are sooo cute, fabulous images and design, great tutorial as always!
Hugs, Tammy

Asha said...

*happy dance* A great honour... a richly deserved honour, I say! Thrilled to bits for you, friend. This is an uplifting project - so perfect for someone under the weather. Fabulous tutorial,Vicki. Thanks or sharing.
hugs Asha

Carol L said...

Congrats! I saw this tutorial in the SCS newsletter and bookmarked it for future reference right away! This is the cutest little idea and I love the Lawn Fawn stamps! Adorable!

Jennifer said...

Vicki! These are just so adorable! Wonderful designs, sure to make someone feel better!

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable creations, love the design, colours and images used and big congrats my friend.x
 {aNNie}

nwilliams6 said...

So cute! These are the perfect gift for someone with the cold or flu! Love, love, love them. How great you did a tutorial for SCS! Wow! Many hugz

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.. this is so fantastic and wonderful.

Hugs Anja

Shelia said...

These are adorable! I'll have to check out the tutorial on SCS. Congrats on the honor and thank you for sharing your design with us!!

Lori Kobular said...

Congratulations on being asked to make a tutorial for Splitcoast Stampers! How exciting! Your tissue boxes are just adorable! Love them!

Maria A. said...

Oh Vicki, what an adorable gift, thank you so much for the tutorial, I can't believe how easy and beautiful this little tissue box is.
Congratulations for being asked to make this tutorial for SCS, this is truly exciting.
I'm going to make a few of this boxes for my small grandchildren's teachers, they can have them on their desks.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria.

Lynn McAuley said...

These are so awesome, Vicki! What a way to start off your SCS tutorial work with a bang!! Such a delightful gift as this is sure to lift the spirits of anyone with the sniffles!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki these are brilliant I saw them on SCS left you a comment I have my packet of tissues ready, the weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse next week from rain and gale force winds to ice and snow, methinks these will come in very handy
hugs
lorraine x

Céline said...

yeah !!! congrats! well deserved !
fab project
hugs
céline

NanaConnie said...

These are just so clever, my friend! Almost makes it worth while to have the sniffles. :-D

Pia S said...

Can't think of a more practical and encouraging gift to receive when not being well. I must make one of these!

cm said...

Vicki, I'm so glad you were asked to create a guest tutorial on SCS, because WOW! You've 'blown us away" with your sweet, heart-warming creations that are practical, whimsical and just downright thoughtful! Sniffle and 'feeling special' spectacular!
hugs~c

crafty-stamper said...

Great idea a card and small gift in one love them both
Carol x

Donna said...

These are absolutely adorable, SCS tutorial, what a compliment to you!Great choice!!!

Donna said...

These are absolutely adorable, SCS tutorial, what a compliment to you!Great choice!!!

Margreet said...

Such an honour to be asked by SCS, Vicki! Congrats.
Love your tutorial...you are so good in explaining and showing it in a clear way! Compliments my friend!
xxx Margreet

Miriam Prantner said...

Congratulations! Well deserved! These are so cute, I especially love the one with the tissue box image!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a sweet way to present get well wishes! Love it!! Fab makes to kick off the New Year! Thanks for sharing them with us at Sweet Stampin' and showcasing your 'New Stash'. So glad you joined in the fun with us for our first challenge of the New Year. Wishing you a wonderful 2016. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

Patricia St Martin said...

Great job!!! Love these as gifts for someone that is sick. Congratulations on being a guest tutorial for the pocket tissue holder.
Hugs Pat

Jessica Kaiser said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Corner Challenges! :) Jess - DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...