"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Shaped Card with Die Cut Techniques for Whimsy Stamps + Video!!

Hello friends!
Here we are in the middle of another week and can you believe it is already the LAST week in January?!  The first month of the year is almost gone!  Time seems to fly!

Today I have a fun card with a video tutorial using some products from
Whimsy Stamps
Do you love your dies?  I sure do, but over time I move on and forget about some of the really cool ones I have in my collection and I always love to come up with different or new ways to use them!
I'm not sure if any of this is new to you, but it's a great reminder to go through your dies and come up with different ways to use them.

Here I have a fun masculine style card that I created into a shaped design using a border die:
I've used the Whimsy Shapeology die set called Basic Borders Trio die set and used the ornate looking bracket border die from the set to create this fun shaped design from an A2 sized card base.

I have also used some fun new stamp sets that came out this month from Whimsy Stamps:  Get in Line (to make the plaid background), Painted Sayings (for the sentiment & splatter accents) and the Everyday Mini Sentiments (for the "you rock" tab).

I have also used the inlay die technique for the Whimsy Shapeology Thanks Word die on my design to help keep my design nice and flat for mailing...plus I didn't have to worry about gluing together the intricate sentiment die cut!


So of course I have a fun video tutorial for you on this process!  So check it out by CLICKING HERE to see on You Tube or you can just watch it below:


I hope you enjoyed the video and got some good tips from it!

Thanks so much for stopping by today my friends!
I'll see you again soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Cute Card Thursday - Just Boys
Use Your Stuff - Sequins or Glitter (hope glitter enamel dots count!)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with no twist
Crafty Card Makers - Punches and/or Dies
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes

34 comments:

Sarah said...

This is brilliant Vicki, love the red with the grey...Perfect for a chap xx

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome masculine card, love the shape! Thanks for the great tutorial!

Shannon McComb said...

Love the shaped card Vicki! The plaid is just amazing!!

Deb said...

So love this Vicki, your stamping is amazing and I always love your card designs!
Many thanks for joining in our 'Just Boys' Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Shelly said...

This is fabulous, Vicki!!
And great tip about using the bottom piece of the die cut to line things up!...Here, I've been trying to eyeball it every single time! lol ;) Thanks!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful and elegant card Vicki!

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic card Vicki loving the shape, colours and the sentiment, ACE card
hugs
lorraine x

Glitter Monkey said...

Great card. Thank you for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lynn CCT Design Team xx

Tammy said...

What a fabulous card Vicki! I love the colors and your beautiful inlay design! Fantastic tutorial too, great tips for cutting a shaped card!!
Hugs, Tammy

jimlynn said...

Oh I love the shaped card and this one is so pretty. Fantastic card for any guy with those pretty masculine colors.
Lynn

Patti J said...

Great way to create a shaped card! Beautifully done, my friend! Thanks for the inspiration - love the video!!!

Bad Kitty said...

great video
wonderful card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful card, Vicki, perfect for any age, gender, or occasion! Thanks for the video tutorial. Hugs, de

Carol L said...

What a fun card with that great plaid stamping! I especially love the little "you rock" tab on the side!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant video Vicki, thank you and wonderful results..x..xx {aNNie}

Olga Jewell said...

another gorgeous work of art!

Pam said...

Hi Vicki,
Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Cardmakers for our Dies and/or Punches Challenge. This post fits perfectly in the challenge. I found out that I end up using the same dies on most cards I make. This challenge inspired me to blow the dust of some of my dies and try new things, which I will continue to do. I love your CAS card and that plaid background is awesome. I didn't think about using my large word dies as an inlay. Beautiful card and lots of great tips! Thanks again.
:) Pam

Céline said...

fabulous, really love the original design
hugs
céline

Team Clark said...

This is stunning! My favorite things, grey and plaid! Love the awesome shape!

Mac Mable said...

Just watched the video...very informative and loved how you explained how you did this fabulous card. Great tips about using the die and leaving the edge on for alignment, using packing tape behind your inlaid die and explaining about making a plaid background. Very creative and fun, thank you for the inspiration...x

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say congratulations on your Honourable Mention at Addicted to Stamps...did so love the card you made x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the diecut edge and stamped paper-I forget what dies I have too-I will comment on a card then think ooh I have that die lol-love the video too
Carol x

alex said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, hope to see you again soon
{613 DT Member}
Alex x

Margaret said...

Love the simplicity of this card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Davi said...

Very nice Vicki, I really like the greys and shape. The pop of wine color is a perfect accent :)

Rebecca said...

Fantastic male themed card I love the colours and the dies you have used. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Bec

Maike von maikreations said...

Lovely card - the inlaid look is awesome and I like the colour combination very much! ;o) Thank you for joining our „Dies & Punches“ challenge over at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Happy crafting,
Maike

Lori said...

This is a fantastic masculine card! Love the color combo and the glittered enamel dots are perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Those edge dies are really nice. At first I thought it was the Top Note die and that was not the case. Just an idea for you maybe you would like to rub the tape on your pants before you put it on your card so it does not stick so hard. Love the Bloch stamp and the water embellishment. Another great video, really enjoyed it.
Hugs Pat

Pia S said...

I'm sorry I'm late visiting, been busy with ikea trips and sorting and tidying my supplies and craft space. Now I look forward to enjoy my tidy and organized space!
How cool is this! I love how the neutral colored background make your die cut and stamped sentiments pop! Great design!

NanaConnie said...

What a fantastic simple card, my friend! Love that particular sentiment. I just added that to my collection and am going to try your inlay technique.

Asha said...

This a great idea for a masculine card. I struggle with making stuff for men. They are so difficult to please! But this card hits the spot!
hugs, Asha

nwilliams6 said...

Great colors and I love your splatters!!! Fun masculine card! Hugz

cm said...

A marvelous 'manly man' card, Vicki...the inlaid thanks adds such impact! Fantastic!
hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...