"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, January 25, 2016

Watercolor Flowers for Caring Hearts Card Drive

Good evening friends and happy Monday!
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! :)

I have been fighting a bad sinus infection, but hopefully I will be recovering soon with plenty of water and meds.  In the meantime, I have been playing around with some of my watercolor over the weekend and thought I would share what I did.

So I saw on the Simon Says Stamp blog about a special card drive and fundraiser for a wonderful charity especially for mothers who have lost a child due to a miscarriage.  Although I wasn't able to use the stamp set from the Hero Arts fundraiser, I did make a few cards to send along that hopefully will help the goal.  I couldn't imagine going through something so difficult, so I thought this was something that I could contribute to in some way.

Here are the cards that I will be sending along:
I have been wanting to play around with my watercolors and I had just received a Stampin' Up! order with a couple of Sale-a-bration sets and wanted to have a play session with them together!

So I have used the beautiful flower images from the "Flowering Fields" SAB stamp set and I have inked them up with some MFT Steel Gray Hybrid ink so that I could use them with my Zig Kuretake Gansi Tambi watercolors.  I went to work with some paint brushes and water.

For the "So Sorry" sentiment, I stamped it with the same MFT Steel Gray Hybrid ink.  The sentiment comes from the "So Sorry" stamp set by Stampin' Up! as well.  For the strip towards the bottom of the card, I have used some Stampin' Up! Basic Gray card stock and embossed the sentiment from the "So Sorry" stamp set with white embossing powder.

To finish off my design, I rounded each corner of the cards with my corner chomper.

I also had to put the cards under some heavy books over night to flatten them out from the watercolor I did.  This should teach me to use watercolor paper and not regular card stock for this!  I was trying to make it a one layer card and this is why I didn't "naturally" go for the heavy watercolor paper.

Here's another look at the other design:
This particular image was a bit taller on my card than the other floral images, so I didn't have enough space to add the "So Sorry" sentiment at the top.

I took another Stampin' Up! stamp set called "Teeny Tiny Wishes" to white emboss it over the Basic Gray strip on my design.  I actually had this particular design in mind when making my card in the first place which was inspired by a sketch challenge below.

Thought you might like to see a closer look at some of the watercolor on this card because it's hard to tell from a distance that the watercolor on the flowers is a metallic and very shimmery in person!

Hope you were inspired by my creations today!
Thanks so much for dropping by!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
CAS(E) This Sketch


Nacho Average Challenge - Sale-a-Bration & blog hop

Addicted to Stamps - Make Your Mark


34 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous inspiration! What a beautiful collection of cards. Love your water-colouring, the metallic and shimmery effect and the shades of Grey. Such striking cards with gorgeous layouts and colours. Thanks for sharing x

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful cards, Vicki. I am sure they will be greatly appreciated.

Diane said...

Beautiful card designs Vicki, and what a lovely idea.

Hugs Diane

Rahmat said...

Very cool, I love all the water coloring you did here, and looks very precise too, I cans see the metallic colors. Hope you are feeling good already.
It was the coldest in the last 60 years, we actually bought 2 more new heaters yesterday, so that all of us can sleep comfortably.

Carol L said...

What a beautiful thing you're doing by contributing to this wonderful case! Your cards are all lovely, and I especially like those delicate colored flowers with the big, bold sentiment! Well done!

jimlynn said...

They're all just beautiful! Love the watercoloring on them and just a hint of shimmer and shine too. I'll have to check out that hybrid ink you used for the sentiment and images. Great cards Vickie!
Lynn

laurie said...

Awesome cards, Vicki! Love the watercolor...such a pretty set of cards, and for such a great cause!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this set of cards- and the shimmery from your Water coloring is lovely. I love this idea so much- a great cause for sure. Feel better soon!

Lola said...

What a wonderful cause and a beautiful set of cards. Get well soon!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous display of gorgeous cards, so lovely all of them and loving the stamps and colours used.xx

 {aNNie}

Regina said...

very pretty card! That stamp set is gorgeous!
Wish you all the best and sending big hugs
Regina

Pollard Carole said...

What a fabulous thing to do these are all so pretty anyone getting these will be comforted they are so pretty love and hugs Carole x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wow Vicki... so many flowers on your cards.... amazing styling.. love your creations.

Hugs
Anja

Julie Curtis said...

Vicki threes are stunningly gorgeous! I think I need to buy this set.

Becky said...

I love these cas cards, so lovely!

Lori Kobular said...

All of your cards are so beautiful, love all the flowers! I am sure whoever receives them will feel your love and sympathy! What a wonderful cause to make cards for! I think I need to get busy!

Tammy said...

These are all gorgeous Vicki! Beautiful stamps and watercoloring, such a great cause too!
Hugs, Tammy

Chrissy said...

Beautiful set of cards Vicki and such a wonderful cause..

luv CHRISSYxx

Pia S said...

Vicky, these are simply stunning and so appropriate for the intended receivers. They make a beautiful set but each and every manage to stand alone too, you've done a great job with these.

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful selection of cards Vicki the images and colours are truly wonderful and all for such a good cause, magical.
hugs
lorraine x

Bad Kitty said...

very nice cards you made
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Leigh Penner said...

These are all so sweet and wonderful! I'm sure they'll be greatly appreciated! Great takes on the sketch!

crafty-stamper said...

Hope your feeling better Vicki love your selection of waterclolour cards and a lovely cause
Carol x

Donna said...

These are all gorgeous Vicki, I plan to get some made too. Great cause and will mean so much to the recipients.

nwilliams6 said...

A wonderful set of cards for a wonderful cause. Wow - these images are beautiful or you just made them that way. Many hugz

Asha said...

Oh Vicki! These cards are so sweet and I am sure they will bring comfort. Lovely cards, friend.
hugs, Asha

Monika Reeck said...

I love that metallic you show on your photo Vicki
I love that gold watercolor too from Kuretake Gansai Tambi...Adorable using the sketch and adorable color combo too..thar So Sorry sentiment I love it much
I wish I can buy some more sentiment Vicki
I wish you get well soon and will dont have sinus infectin more..stay healthy my dear friend..its important..
big hugs
Monika

Nicole Diedrichs said...

This sketch really inspired you to a very lovely collection of cards. I like it very much and need to remember this to try it our myself. Thank you very much for playing with us at ATSM. Please come back again to joining us in our future challenges. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on your well deserved Honourable Mention at Addicted to Stamps for these cards...Absolutely loved them x

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Vicki! I LOve these cards ... couldn't pick a favorite flower, but OH so happy one of these little gardens of gorgeousness was planted in our CTS gallery this week! OH so pretty, and for such a wonderful cause...
=]

ribenaruby said...

Hello Vicki my friend. Hope you're doing well. Absolutely love these selection of cards, fantastically water-coloured and with heartfelt sentiments. Ruby x

NanaConnie said...

These are wonderful, Vicki! Love the variety and the simplicity.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, these are so beautiful! I know they will be so appreciated... What a perfect use of these gorgeous stamps. Thanks so much for sharing at the Nacho Average Blog Hop!

cm said...

I absolutely adore these cards, Vicki, because they're beautiful and because you've created them for a most worthwhile cause! Heart-warming...
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...