"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Whimsy Stamps New Release - Day 2 with Clearly Whimsy Sets!

Hello friends!
Welcome to Day 2 of the Whimsy Stamps New Release Inspiration!
Have you checked out the entire release yet?!  There are SO MANY really adorable products that just came out yesterday!  Be sure to check out the Whimsy Inspirations Blog so you can see all of them in addition enter to win some "Whimsy Cash"!

Today, my inspiration involves the Clearly Whimsy Stamps sets from the new release this month!
Check it out below:
Puzzle time and "cuddle time" are just great for Valentine's Day!  :)  LOL!
I was going for a masculine style look with my design here using the new release set called "You Complete Me".  I love the different variations that you can come up with for this set!  In addition to this clear stamp set, there are also coordinating dies that go with it called Puzzle Pieces.

I found some grid looking paper from my stash and thought it would be perfect to use for this set.  I kept the colors gray and cream with just a pop of red for the hearts that were also die cut from the Puzzle Pieces die set.  I covered them with some glossy accents.  I took a couple of the puzzle pieces and popped them up with foam tape.  A great card to give to hubby!  :)

For my second creation:
How stinkin' cute is this fellow?!!  He makes me smile! :)
I have used this fun new release Clearly Whimsy set called Just a Note.  It comes with an adorable pencil and some other really cute images within the set, so check it out!
I was doing a little "pun" with my image and added the "just a note" sentiment on him from the new release Clearly Whimsy set called Everyday Mini Sentiments.  These are the perfect size to add to many different projects!  I love it!  The "Hi!" bubble was colored and popped up on my design with some foam tape.  (This image also comes from the Just a Note set.)

I have also taken some heart papers from my stash and cut along the edge of them with the Whimsy Shapeology Spiral Notebook Border die, but I didn't cut the one edge so it would leave it in tact.  (To see how to do this, check out my video - CLICK HERE.)  I also thought it would be cute to add a couple of wooden hearts that I've glued above the image.

These were so fun to use and I can't wait to create more with them!
Hope you will come by again tomorrow to see what else I've made!
Hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!  Thanks for stopping by! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES 
Addicted to Stamps & More - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper Challenge - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes

32 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Adorable cards and a great new release! I love the first card with the puzzle pieces with that sentiment! Great for Valentine's Day!!

Margreet said...

You made 2 gorgeous cards with the new release Vicki...love them both!
xxx Margreet

Kristie Goulet said...

Two great cards, Vicki!!!

Diane said...

Two super cute card designs Vicki.

Hugs Diane

Jennifer Bradley said...

Two adorable card, such fun images, thank you for sharing with us in our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty. Good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Donna said...

These are both stunning! Really, really like the puzzle one, perfect for a dear hubby, and the note one would be great to send to someone for a cheery pick me up. Very CAS for you Vicki and they are fabulous!

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful cards!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love both of these cards- the puzzles are great, and love the Just a note card- how fun!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the jigsaw piece stamp set:)

Tammy said...

Both cards are really cutie Vicki but I think the puzzle card is just so very clever! The background paper you used is perfect!

alexandra s.m. said...

oh how adorable Vicki!
i love your cards!!

aussie aNNie said...

Yepp Mr stupid robot has started with me from scratch this morning. I agree why we have to prove we are not a robot to a robot, what does it all prove it drives me nuts. I think it has something to do with google + or there abouts....sure is annoying.

LOVE your displays here today Vicki you are one great creator.xx {aNNie}

Carol L said...

These are both so cute and fun! I don't know which one I favor more, but that little notepad character is mighty cute :) I like the spiral-cut border too! Fun cards :)

Shelly said...

Two adorably sweet cards, Vicki!!

Asha said...

Gosh! These are so adorable, my friend. Just a Note - got to LOVE that goofy face!
x Asha

Aileen (mum) said...

Great cards Vicki, particularly the little just a note, so cute.

nwilliams6 said...

Super cute cards, Vicki! I don't know which one I like better, but they are so crisp and fun! Hugz

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such fun cards!

Céline said...

love love love
hugs
céline

VanessaB said...

aw. so cute. i esp. love the note one!

NanaConnie said...

I have a puzzle piece rubber stamp and have never used it because I just couldn't think of what to do with it once stamped. This is fab inspiration, Vicki! Thanks so much. :-D

Tammy said...

Cute, cute cards Vicki!! Fabulous designs and I love both of your new stamp sets! Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Michelle said...

These are lovely - gorgeous images and layouts - thank you for joining us this time at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

Mandy LaCroix said...

GREAT cards! Love both! :)
Thanks for sharing over at the ATSM blog!

Pia S said...

Love the jigsaw puzzle card, it would be perfect for my hubby. In our earlier days as a couple we used to puzzle together, big ones with 5000-10000 pieces...

crafty-stamper said...

Both brilliant cards but love the one with the puzzle pieces
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Vicki your creations always look fantastic, the designs are brilliant I wish I could come up with something like this, they are fabulously clean and simple and always look like top of the line designer cards, excellent work.
hugs
lorraine x

Rahmat said...

Such a cute card, love the sentiment, the jigsaw puzzles look fun, happy you stopped by the blog Vicki.

cm said...

Oh my, Vicki, how sweet are these cards! The puzzle pieces and sentiment pairing in the first is charming! Your husband will adore this! And your smiling note paper: stinkin' cute is right! Two delights to brighten my Monday morning!
Hugs~c

Patti J said...

Absolutely adorable! That first card is perfect for hubby, and that note set is darling! Great cards, Vicki!

Monika Reeck said...

I love your puzzle card and love the plaid paper there remember me the school time Vicki
love the black white and a bit red combo second card I guess first it is a milk box haha I am wrong it is a note and he is so cuute with his smile
lovely and cute card at second..
lovely post again my friend
hugs
Monika

Patricia St Martin said...

Both of the card are so cute. I have a puzzle die cut and for the life of me could not think of why I got it. Thanks for the great idea now maybe I will use it. I even have the same paper. Like the way you used different types of paper and foam. Looks nice.
Hugs Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...