"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Whimsy Stamps New Release - Day 3 Inspiration - Get in Line Intro + Video with MISTI Tool!

Hello friends!  It's finally Friday! YAY!
I think we are due to take a trip to give our new grandbabies some kisses this weekend and I can't wait to see how much they're grown over the last couple of months! :)

Today is DAY 3 (final day) of the Whimsy Stamps New Release Inspiration Week!
So be sure that you check out the Whimsy Inspirations Blog for more inspiration from the rest of the design team as well as a chance to win some prizes!!  - Don't miss out!

So do you remember my sneak peek from last week?! - this was it!
I am so excited about this new stamp set that has come out called "Get in Line".  It's probably one of my favorites from this release!  :)  Here's what I've made:
I've used this stamp set to make a plaid background with Valentine colors for my card.  I've also included the Scripty Word Love die from the new release as well.  And because I think tiny hearts are a wonderful element to add to any design, I have taken the new released Puzzle Pieces die set to cut out a few hearts for my card too.  The pink scallop edge was made with the Basic Borders Trio die set.

This clear stamp set has many, many, many versatile uses for it and I'm sure you've seen a few examples with it from the other design team members the last few days (If you haven't, be sure to check it out on the Whimsy Inspirations Blog!), but there are a few tips and tricks to know about this stamp set when you get ready to use it.  So I thought it would be a great idea to put together a video to share how I've made this plaid background:

CLICK HERE to see this video on You Tube or just watch it below:

Please be sure to click the like button if this was helpful to you!  What do you think of the new "Get in Line" stamp set?  Would this be something you would enjoy playing with?

To give you an additional idea using this same set, I've also made this card with it:
I took the image with the triple lines and stamped it in a rainbow of colors on a masked off area of a white card base.  I also took the stitched lines from the set and inked it up with black ink to make another element to my design.  The sentiment that I've used to stamp in the center is from this month's new release as well called Painted Sayings.  I love the little splatter images that come with it too!  This is such a fun set to mix and match words with.

I hope you've enjoyed the Whimsy Stamps January 2016 new release and have been getting lots of inspiration this week from the design team!  Have fun shopping!!

Thanks for stopping in with me today!  See you again tomorrow!! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with optional birthday or anniversary
Everybody Art - Text main focal
Cardz 4 Guyz - birthday for a male - 2nd card
Seize the Birthday - CAS (clean & simple) - 2nd card

Tuesday Throwdown - add dimension - 1st card
CAS(E) This Sketch - 1st card

36 comments:

LeAnne said...

OMGoodness, this is amazing! The background is wonderful, but that scripty die is BEAUTIFUL!

Mac Mable said...

Love the technique and the colours you've used. That Misti tool looks great for the plaid technique and doing lines. Thank you for the inspiration x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous backgrounds you created! Have to come back and watch your video later, when I am at home...

Olga Jewell said...

gorgeous cards!!

Jane Willis said...

Fantastic stamping, that background is wonderful. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Deb said...

oh wow, you are so clever making those backgrounds, I couldn't tell until you said, thought they were patterned papers! Both fabulous cards! Have a lovely weekend! hugs Debxx

Sarah said...

These are fabulous, such gorgeous cheery colours. Have a lovely snuggly weekend!! xx

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards! You should link the first one up to this weeks CAS(E) This Sketch...

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful cards!
great video!
oh we dont have that misti here.
i love it!
your video is great!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Margaret said...

Fantastic background using that stamp set. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Donna said...

Awesome cards Vicki and I always enjoy your tutorials! I'm going to send my mom over to watch it!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love the backgrounds and thank you for the great tutorial:)

VanessaB said...

oooh. loooove those!

NanaConnie said...

LOVE the plaid paper and the sparkle on the heart, Vicki! The stripes are pretty great, too, but I do love plaid in any form. :-D

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your cards. Looks like a very versatile set.

Jerrie said...

This is so pretty.

Tammy said...

WOW beautiful cards Vicki!! I love how you've created the backgrounds and that love die cut is gorgeous! Fabulous tutorial too my friend, that MISTI Tool looks awesome!
Hugs, Tammy

Carol L said...

It looks like so much fun creating your own style of plaid with this stamp set, and the "love" die is so beautiful! I like the diagonals on the 2nd card too - very colorful and pleasing to the eye!

CaroleAnn said...

I love both your cards and as usual your video was outstanding and so fun to watch. But my fave was the last card you pictured here!!! Love it! Hugs!

Aileen (mum) said...

Vicki you are so on a roll, love these cards. So have to try doing this plaid look and the stripes.

nwilliams6 said...

I got a MISTI for Christmas and this inspires me to use it! Your plaid came out super - love these cards! Your video was fun too - I love watching them! Hugz

Céline said...

fab cards as usual
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant stamped backgrounds and and great script dies-enjoy your grandbabies cuddles and kisses
carol x

Pia S said...

Oh, what a fab stamp! So many possibilities. Your two cards look very different although the same stamp has been used. Fun and colorful designs!

coldwaters2 said...

Two lovely colourful cards Vicki the pink really stands out, the second is equally lovely a fabulous design
hugs
lorraine x

Chasing the Dream said...

Wow, oh wow. These are fantastic beauties. Thanks for the tutorial. You should be published for the world to see your fabulous creativity. Have a wonderful week. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
tuesdaythrowdown.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love my MISTI! What a gorgeous plaid you have made with it here!

cm said...

First, you delight us with a fantastic plaid and glittery hearts love card that transforms the 'doozy' of a sketch into a 'do-able'! Then, you offer us a marvelous 'how to' video that takes the mystery of creating a plaid background. And if that's not enough, you deliver a dazzling rainbow striped card! A triple treat today! Thank you!!
Hugs~c

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so fun! I especially love your take on the sketch & that pretty plaid!

Nicole Diedrichs said...

Such a lovely card :) great layout and colours. Thank you so much for playing with us at Tuesday Throwdown. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

MiamiKel said...

As we say in German, Wunderbar! What a fanstastic set of cards, from the LOVEly Valentine's greeting to the cheerful rainbow-y card :) Gorgeousness! Hugs, my creative friend!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful backgrounds on your cards. Thanks for sharing the video on how you made them. That love die is so pretty. The birthday card looks great. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Nancy said...

After I stop drooling over your Love card....I am happy to say I love the Birthday card too! Th stripe background is so well done! Kudos on both and thanks for taking the time to join us at Seize the BIrthday!

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiiii I adore your Plaid
I muss confess I love making plaid too but not so great like you did ok ok I only use Fiskar Stamp help tools and it sometimes not make a tidy result
yours is FANTABULOUS
will come again and see your video Vicki
love that LOVE DIES and the second card I adore the colors too ..
great post my sweet Vicki
hugs
Monika (now it is 23:37 I should go to bed maybe hehe :))

Asha said...

Both cards are fabulous. And that love die...it is so going on my wish list. That bright and funky stripy birthday card is a winner. LOVE the idea. And thanks for video tut, Vicki. Excellent, as always!
hugs, Asha

Patricia St Martin said...

I love that we have so many way to make different backgrounds and this one is wonderful. Love the bright and bold colors. Thanks for the wonderful video.
Hugs Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...