"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Sending Love to My Favorite Electrician...

Hello friends!
Just a quick post here to share a card I made for my favorite electrician!
...and in case you didn't know, my favorite electrician is my hubby! :)

I pulled out this really cute set from Lawn Fawn which was perfect to make an "electrical" Valentine card for hubby.  I know I will be able to use this set for several cards for him besides just for Valentine's Day! :)  I thought this "Turn Me On" stamp set would be great to place over a wood-grain background.  I embossed the sentiment on the red with white embossing powder.

Here's a closer view of the hearts and light bulbs.  So when I was stamping the inside of the card, the front flipped backwards while the glossy accents were still wet...so it got slightly messed up, but I don't think this is something that hubby will be too much aware of.  I might consider "redoing" the one light bulb.  I've also added some Wink of Stella to the hearts and the light bulbs before I topped them with glossy accents.

I'm going to add this card to the Lawnscaping Challenge before it ends tomorrow.

Hope you've enjoyed my Valentine's card today!!  Thanks for stopping by
See you again very soon! :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


27 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Vicki this is so adorable with those cute faces on the light bulbs! Love that sentiment with the light bulbs!

jimlynn said...

TOOOO fun and cute - and just perfect for your husband! Precious card and great for Valentine's - or any other time too!
Lynn

Pia S said...

If I were to make a card for an electrician, hubby or not, I don't think I'd have any idea, I certainly don't have anything in my stash for this theme, you hear me building up reasons to get this set, right? I do know some electricians, so I might need this set, very much.
Such a cute card, I'm sure it'll be loved!!

Tammy said...

Oh this is adorable Vicki! The little light bulbs are so cute and what a super fun sentiment! Your hubby is going to love it!
Big hugs, Tammy

Patti J said...

Love, love, love! Great card, Vicki - absolutely de'light'ful!!! Hugs...

Monika Reeck said...

tooo cuuutee
love that lamp
the face
and the shiny on it
cute cute cute
you are so clever Vicki
and love the scene here
such a cuuute card
hugs
Monika

Patricia St Martin said...

Adorable card and perfect for hubby. Yes this is really me and I'm commenting now! Love the sentiment. The light bulbs look great and he will not notice. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Pat

Carol L said...

What a perfect card for your hubby! Those glossy lightbulbs are just the cutest ever, and I love the added sparkle! Super cute and fun creation - the hubs is going to get a kick out of this one :)

Tammy said...

Terrific card for hubby and oh so very cute! Great card!

Donna Ellis said...

How cute, Vicki! My favorite Valentines are the cards with cuteness and humor, like this one. Your hubby is sure to appreciate it! Hugs, de

Kim said...

This is so cute! Your hubby is going to love it.

xx

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely adorable, Vicki! The shine is marvelous and I love the sparkly hearts.

Mac Mable said...

The title made me smile x Fabulous card for your husband, how perfect is the stamp set? No I don't expect your husband will notice the tiny imperfection but I know you do...what is it with us 'fussy/OCD' crafters? Love the card today x

Bad Kitty said...

this is so sweet
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Julie Curtis said...

So cute! You have such awesome stamps and dies to play with! Your coloring is fantastic!

LeAnne said...

This is the cutest thing ever!

Swaantje said...

Hello Vicki,
your card is very cute..
Great work.
Many greetings
Swaani

Olga Jewell said...

Super cute, I love it!!!!

Margreet said...

Supercool card for your hubby Vicki...this would be great for my hubby too, as he has been an electrician too!
xxx Margreet

Céline said...

oh fab design !!!
hugs
céline

MiamiKel said...

Hee hee! How did I miss this little cutie - what a darling cards and terrific play on words! Lovely design and coloring - fantabulous! ♥

Donna said...

So cute and the glossy accents are a perfect touch!

Asha said...

Waaaay too cute! Bet your electrician thought so too! :)
hugs Asha

alexandra s.m. said...

cute and sassy! I love it Vicki!
Beautifully done ;)
xx

Samantha Casey said...

How sweet is this card! I love those light bulbs! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

cm said...

Apologies for falling behind (again) in commenting! Catching up now...and oh, what a wonderful place to start with this beyond adorable light bulb card! I know your 'favourite electrician' adored it, as do I! Sooooo sweet!
Hugs~c

Rahmat said...

Hahaa, this card is so sweet, I love everything about it, still smiling as I type my comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...