"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Whimsy Stamps February 2016 card kit Reveal with Video!

Hello friends!
So happy you have joined me here today!

It's always an exciting time each month when Whimsy Stamps has a new release out as well as the unveiling of the monthly card kit!

Today I'd like to introduce to you the
Whimsy Stamps February 2016 card kit!!

Here are some projects I made using this card kit with the "Honey Little Spring Helper" stamp on a fun card that I put together.  For more details, check out the video further on down in this post!


This is the February 2016 card kit with the Art by Mi Ran "Rosella" stamp

Here are the projects I made using the kit contents along with a card using the "Rosella" image from this kit.

You can choose which kit you want or buy them both if you prefer!! :)  And remember there is no subscription needed to purchase any of these kits!

Here is a closer look at the Elisabeth Bell "Honey Little Spring Helper" card I made
This was such a fun card to put together!  I have used the "Spotlight" technique for my scene as well as used the same die to give an embossed look on my design.
All of the items I have used on this card come from the card kit with the exception of the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Circle dies and cloud dies.  I have also used a cloud stencil from my stash that I had made with a piece of acetate.

To see the contents of the card kit up close as well as complete details on how I've made this spotlight technique card, check out my video on You Tube or just watch it here below:


So as promised in the video, I wanted to be sure to include the cutting machine "sandwich recipes" that you will need in order to emboss with your die cut and NOT cut it out:
For the Big Shot Machines:
(From bottom to top)
1.  Multipurpose Platform on Tab 1
2.  Cutting plate
3.  rubber embossing mat (shim)
4.  card stock with the die cut on top
5.  second cutting plate

For the Cuttlebug Machines:
(From bottom to top)
1.  A plate
2.  couple of card stock shims
3.  B Plate
4.  Rubber embossing mat
5.  Card stock with die cut on top
6.  Second B plate


Here is a closer view of this image on my card:
I think she is so sweet and I had so much fun coloring her with the same colors that are in this card kit!  I have used my favorite method of coloring with my Copic markers and added some liquid pearls around her.  Doesn't it look like she's ready to just step right into that Spring scene?!  I am too so I'd like to go with her please! LOL!

Be sure to stop back by tomorrow as I share a closer look at another one of these projects from the card kit!!

Be sure to check out all of the inspiration on the
Whimsy Inspirations Blog
to see the rest of the new release, more inspiration from the DT as well as a chance to win a prize!

Thanks so much for stopping in!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


31 comments:

Julie Curtis said...

She is so cute! great job! Hugz

Mac Mable said...

Great colouring in and such a cute and adorable set. Liking the spotlight technique too x

Sarah said...

Super duper makes my friend!! Love that dear little lady skipping her way into spring and the sweetie filled had is amazing...yum!! xx

Margreet said...

Such gorgeous creations with the new kit, Vicki...great coloring and lovely details!
xxx Margreet

Olga Jewell said...

Oh Vicki these are gorgeous, I love the girl and the way you have colored and showcased her....

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Vicki you are so clever and creative these projects look fantastic, the wonderful Spring colours, the images they are all so beautiful, I love them all.
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous selection of projects Vicki and your card is just beautiful..I love yellow..it would be my favourite colour..

luv CHRISSYxx

Pia S said...

Love these whimsy posts. I always look at the photo of the kit first and imagine what I would make with these goodies. And what I have in mind is never the same as what you have made. It's fascinating to see how many possibilities there are, I mean, give people the same image, sketch or kits to work with and there will never be two identical designs, I find that so inspiring! Lovely work!

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome projects! I love the card with the pretty little girl all in yellow! But my absolute favorite is the watering can gift box! That is just so stinking cute! Very creative and what a great card kit!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, these are absolutely darling! Such a fresh burst of color! I love each and every card and your watering can project just steals the show! You are so talented, my friend - amazing post! You turned this kit into pure gold! ♥

jimlynn said...

Another pretty kit this month! Love your beautiful cards and projects. The little watering can is adorable! Beautiful coloring!
Lynn

Donna said...

This is absolutely stunning Vicki, beautiful design and coloring!

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful!
great video!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Asha said...

She is a real cutie, Vicki. LOVE the fresh colours and the floral details. Like her, I too am so ready for spring. And that watering can.... ADORBS! :)
hugs, Asha

Carol L said...

What a fabulous collection of creations! The watering can is unbelievable and amazing, and so is the spring hat with the candies inside! Love the cards too with the sequins, liquid pearls and beautiful coloring! WOW to everything!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous creations my Friend! So beautifully done and inspiring!
Thank You~

Davi said...

Wow Vicki this is a beautiful set!! I love what you did the springy colors :)

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and creative card and love the watering can.....love the gorgeous colours too. Need to check out your video too.xxxx
 {aNNie}

Jerrie said...

Wow! You do a fantastic job coloring! Love the new kit!

Céline said...

fab inspirations ! love those colors
hugs
céline

NanaConnie said...

Your coloring on this darling image is fantastic, Vicki! Love the bright spring colors. Wonderful kit.

Tammy said...

Your creations are gorgeous Vicki!! What an awesome kit, beautiful spring colors! I love your adorable card and fabulous tutorial... thanks for listing the sandwich recipes!
Hugs, Tammy

CaroleAnn said...

Why this is just so beautiful - such great little gifts you have made!! Bright and cheery - love them!

Anneke said...

Another great kit!! Beautiful cards have you made!!
Hugs Anneke

Donna said...

Oh my gosh, I missed the full post she is amazingly colored and embellished, and so cute. You really rocked this card Vicki! Happy Valentines Day dear friend.

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Gorgeous and I enjoyed the video very much. Thanks for teaching us the Spotlight technique it is wonderful. Stunning job with the coloring. Beautiful colors can not wait tell spring. I have been getting these email from Elisabeth Bell at first they used Whimsy Stamps name giving away these daring images and I click on then and they open up and they are so cute but when I go and look at them it says can not open. I do not understand??? Maybe you can check with someone at Whimsy and see what is going on? OR NOT!
Hugs Pat

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Vickiii I love how you colored her hair so adorable and her dress to
you really ready for Summer time yeah I love these all on this post..great set you did my friend
hugs
Monika

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome coloring and spotlighting. You need to color more - you are soooooo good at it, Hugz

cm said...

You and Whimsy = magical combination! Your little girl is absolutely stellar; your colouring breathes such vibrant, fresh air into her! I'd love to join you - and her - in stepping into a spring scene! As always: fantastic video!
Hugs~c

Asha said...

I am speechless. This card is beutifully coloured, expertly composed and that embossed stitched circle detail is just pure genius. Great job, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Rahmat said...

You have been really busy Vicki, I love all the projects here and even more the colors, warm and soft...loving the yellow and greens a lot. You are very talented with your use of stamps my friend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...