"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Whimsy Stamps New Release - Day 2 Inspiration - Card Kit

Hello friends!
Welcome to Day 2 of the Whimsy Stamps New Release Inspiration!


If you missed my post from yesterday sharing the Whimsy Stamps card kit - CLICK HERE!

Today I have more inspiration to share with you using the February 2016 card kit!
Here's my card using the "Rosella" stamp:
I thought this image was really stunning and I enjoyed coloring her in!
I have stamped and colored her with my Copic markers.  I even added a bit of glitter to her butterfly wings.  I fussy cut her out leaving a small border around the image.

I have used all papers from the card kit to make an easel style circle shaped design with the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Circles die set.  To make the large flower behind "Rosella", I used my Cricut machine to cut out the flower and then I sponged the center with a darker yellow ink and then used some white ink to sponge around each petal.  I took my bone folder to curve the edges of each petal on the flower and then used some foam tape to pop them up for a bit of dimension.

I stamped the butterfly from the card kit and colored it in with my Copic markers and brushed some Wink of Stella over the wings.  I just used a spot of glue in the center of the butterfly so that I could lift up the wings on my design.  "Rosella" was also popped up in the center of the flower with some foam tape.

I took the frame and sentiment stamps from the card kit and colored the edges of the frame with Copic markers and fussy cut around it.  I used some foam tape to pop it up over the yellow floral papers and ribbon from the card kit.  (This helps hold the front panel in place for the easel design.)  I then added a bow and sequins from the card kit to finish it off.

Here you may be able to see the coloring details better.
I forgot to mention that I have also used some glossy accents for the centers of the yellow flowers.

*Don't forget to check out the fun and inspiration over on the
Whimsy Inspirations Blog!*

Be sure to stop by again tomorrow for more inspiration with this card kit!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


22 comments:

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card Vicki...you have coloured the stamp so beautifully and that shape is really pretty!
xxx Margreet

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely fabulous, bright and vivid colours, beautiful colouring in and such an adorable image. As always love the attention to detail. You've done a great job x

Shannon McComb said...

Just gorgeous Vicki!

Deb said...

Oh wow, this is so beautiful Vicki! Love the colors you have used and the touch of glitter on her wings, fabulous coloring and design! hugs Debxx

Bad Kitty said...

Your card is very beautiful !
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Olga Jewell said...

Gorgeous card, such a sweet image....

Chrissy said...

Oh gosh..this is so beautiful Vicki..gorgeous little Fairy and coloured beautifully..love your card design too..

luv CHRISSYxx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, she's so precious, Vicki. Fab sparkle and wonderful coloring. Terrific shaped card, especially when done as an easel! Love everything about it.

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this is stunning!! That image is sooo sweet and your coloring is absolutely gorgeous!! Fabulous easel design too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! Love those big blue eyes on your image! You card makes me think Spring is just around the corner!

Carol L said...

She's just adorable and colored so beautifully too! I love the sparkle in her little wings - it's just perfect!

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS coloring on this cutie! WOW!!! Love your card Vicki!
Lynn

Davi said...

OH my gosh Vicki this is SO beautiful! I love the sweet little image and your coloring is wonderful! The easel is perfect for showing her off and the flower very clever :)

Susan (rainy) said...

Wow! This is really special, Vicki. So many wonderful details and such a fabulous and fun design. Beautiful card!!

aussie aNNie said...

Such a darling creation...colours and shape are stunning.Brilliantly designed card...enjoy your weekend.xx
 {aNNie}

Céline said...

wow it's fabulous
hugs
céline

Pia S said...

Love how you placed the image onto a die cut flower and made a circular card. Beautiful coloring, great job inking too.

Monika Reeck said...

Rosella so so sweeett Vicki
I adore her eyes and the way you colored her face ooh I love this
and the glitter on her wings I can see it
ach so sweet easel card Vicki..
hugs
Monika

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome coloring on that image!!! The layers and colors and design on this are fabulous! Hugz

Patricia St Martin said...

Another adorable stamp. Gorgeous easel card, love how you put her on a flower that is a perfect layout. Love the Spring colors and the sequins are a nice touch.
Hugs Pat

cm said...

Vicki, you've accomplished an amazing feat...rendering me nearly speechless with awe at your outstanding showcase of Rosella! Colouring is beyond impressive, and the added touch of sparkle, perfectly placed...oh myyyy! Heart captured!
Hugs~c

Asha said...

Oh my! How cute is little Rosella. LOVE LOVE LOVE your soft colouring. Perfect for the sweet little girl.
hugs, Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...