"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hello, Hi and Hey There!

Hello friends!
Hope that you are all having a wonderful week so far!
I have a fun creation to share with you today:
I think this jumbled character sentiment is too cute!  I have kept it fairly simple by setting it on the line and then I colored it in with Copics in an ombre purple tone.  I've also added some pink cheeks with white gel pen highlights to give them some life.  This fun image comes from the Whimsy Stamps Just a Note clear stamp set.  (There are several really cute characters in this set, so be sure to check it out!)

I have also cut a border underneath with the newly released Whimsy Shapeology Pierced Border Trio dies.  I took another piece of black card stock and used this die to cut a border below that which was popped up with some craft foam underneath.  The very thin line you see underneath the "hello" image is a thin piece of reflective sticker strip that I placed right above the pierce marks on the white card stock piece.  When you move the card around, it really shines.

For the bottom corner portion of my design, I have taken the Whimsy Stamps Everyday Mini Sentiments clear stamp set and took three different sentiments from the set and stamped them in a straight pattern to make a fun background to go with my hello image.  I then just finished the design off with some silver sequins in different sizes.

Hope you've enjoyed my card today!!  Thanks for popping in!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Cardz 4 Guyz - create your own background

38 comments:

Olga Jewell said...

this one is adorable!!!!

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun card! That Hello stamp is just adorable!

Margreet said...

Wow, fun, striking card...love it!
xxx Margreet

Stef H said...

love this..... and purple! i am not surprised LOL.

have a great week. next week the 60s! yay!

hugs :)

Julie Curtis said...

Hello...I love the stamp set! It's really cute. You colored them so well! Hugz

Tracey said...

This really is fun Vicki & a great LO :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shelly said...

Oh, this is super fun and cute, Vicki!!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Vicki! Your delightful little "hello" greeting really brought a smile to my lips! so happy combined with your sentiment paper. Great design! hugs, de

maria f. said...

Such a fabulous dressing up of a simple sentiment!

Asha said...

Gosh! What a fun card. LOVE the letters acting silly. And those smiley faces.... too cute!!!
hugs, Asha

Sarah said...

Well hello!! What a fun card, love the cute letters and the ombre looks fab xx

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card!
have a great day!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki

alexandra s.m. said...

How adorable Vicki!
I love your card! It is so "kawai"
Thanks~
xx

Pia S said...

How creative you've been using sentiment stamps! Love the decorative layout with the popped up angle, the design feels youthful and cool, perfect for a teenager or young adult. A tricky age group to create for in my opinion...

Becca Cruger said...

One thing is for sure - whoever gets this card is going to break out into a big ol' grin! That smiley sentiment is so adorable!!!

Pollard Carole said...

This is adorable its a stunning CAS design love the great stamp set gorgeous love and hugs Carole x

Patricia St Martin said...

Hello right back at you!!! Adorable just like all the other beautiful card. Love the purple tone and the white dot for their cheeks.
Hugs Pat

Patti said...

How cute is this!?! I love those faces on the "Hello!" I had to to to the Whimsy Stamps site to see for sure if you added the eyes or if it was on the stamp! Adorable!!

Patti

Rahmat said...

Hahaa, the smiley faces on the letter made me smile Vicki, it is such a simple but cheery card.

Jerrie said...

OMG Vicki, I love, love, LOVE this card! What a fantastic design!!

Tammy said...

This is so cute and fun Vicki!! I love the fabulous design and adorable Hello sentiment!
Hugs, Tammy

Davi said...

I do love that very fun card Vicki, especially love that purple :) Have a great evening!

Carol L said...

Oh my gosh, what an adorable stamp set! You've colored it perfectly and stamped a great panel to go with the main image, but those faces are TOO cute!! I love this one!

Patti J said...

Aww...I'm SO loving this! Such a happy greeting! Great job, Vicki!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Chrissy said...

I really love this card Vicki..fabulous stamping and the hello faces are so cute..awesome card design.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Céline said...

so great design and card, as usual
hugs
céline

Lynn McAuley said...

How fun is that!! What a happy, happy hello card, Vicki!

jimlynn said...

SO cute and fun! Love the way those letters are and they make me happy. Cute, cute card!
lynn

Shannon McComb said...

This is SO sweet and fun Vicki!! Love that Hello!!

Donna said...

So adorable and striking Vicki!

CaroleAnn said...

Love the brightness and happiness this conveys and the design!!! I hope you do not mind but I would love to try this on one of my cards - great inspiration here!!! Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant fun card and purple sentiment-I love the layout the word looks perfect on the slope -great sentment corner too
Carol x

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiii I love that purple sentiment so sweeet with smile and pink cheek uuiiih I want to kiss it hehe cute cute
and perfect stamped sentiment so tidy and so in a line
lovely design too
do you see Sandie also use this layout on her green card
cant believe you have antenna to use the same layout hehehe (joke) love this cute HELLO card Vicki
hugs
Monika

Dawn Frost said...

What a fun card,I LOVE that hello sentiment!

cm said...

Hahahahahha...those jumbled letters have captured my heart! Seriously, how darling are their happy expressions; the *o* is especially precious! Totally smitten with your card!
hugs~c

Helen said...

Great card - love that stamped background, a very clever idea.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Sue said...

Awesome card, love how you colored the Hello and wonderful card design.

Hugs
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...