"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, March 7, 2016

Whimsy Stamps New Release Week - Day 1

Hello friends!
Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) New Release Week is here!
Today and every day this week I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that is being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store starting this Friday, March 11th!

So please join me here every day this week including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each set with some inspiration & of course special prize opportunities!
Today is the debut release of Whimsy Stamps newest artist/illustrator Nina-Marie Trapani! Nina-Marie has created 4 new clear stamp sets and 2 new Shapeology crafting dies to complement the stamp sets.  She is a talented person and has come up with some fun ideas for this release!
Here's my inspiration using this adorable "Sketched Elephants & Coordinating Dies" set:



I had so much fun coloring this sweet elephant holding his little daisy flower.  I have used my Copic markers to color him in.  I've also sponged some clouds in the background including over the large stitched heart that comes with the set of coordinating dies that goes with this stamp set.  I just made my own stencil and used it to sponge the clouds.
For the bottom grass portion of the design, I have taken some green card stock and cut out the curvy hill with the Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Piereced Border Trio die set.  I also added some "blades of grass" from the images in the Sketchy Elephant set.
For the large heart, I have it popped up over my card with some craft foam.  I've also taken a part of the grass to add to the bottom of the heart.  I wanted the large heart to blend in with the scene, but popped up over my design.  The tiny red hearts are also from this set which I've colored with Copic markers and then cut them out with the coordinating dies and then added some glossy accents over top of them.  The elephant was also cut out with the coordinating dies and popped up over the scene and the edge of the heart. 
 I'm sure I'll be using this set many times!  :)
Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes all week long as well! Make sure you join in today through Friday, March 11th for all the new release festivities! - Here's one way to play along:
**Take this badge above and share it to any social media you use and then hop on over to the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog to let them know you did for a chance to win a prize!!!**

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for dropping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!  :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
City Crafter - "The Elephant in the Room"

42 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Amazing card Vicki! I love that sweet elephant and the dies you used look perfect on this card!

Alanna said...

Such a sweet card Vicki. Your coloring looks great and I love the cloudy background b

Sue said...

Hi Vicki, is there anything cuter than a sweet baby elephant, and yours is especially cute on this card. Beautiful coloring, and I love how you incorporated the heart into your scene, looks wonderful.

Hugs
Sue

Shelly said...

Aww...this is sooo cute, Vicki!

Margreet said...

Such a cute card Vicki...love your coloring!
xxx Margreet

Arianna Barbara said...

Awwwww!!!! Absolutely adorable!!!! Very very cute!!!

Regina said...

Your card is adorable! The little elephant is so cute and your coloring is great!

maria f. said...

Such a clever design to have that gigantic heart as a subtle part of your BG!

Jerrie said...

Vicki, you little elephant card has stole my heart! This is so cute and the hearts around it just make your card more adorable!

Carol L said...

This big heart with the elephant is adorable! I love the billowy clouds you sponged in, along with those shiny tiny hearts, but ever the lover of little details - the spot of grass on the bottom of the heart looks crazy cute!

Mac Mable said...

Oh this card is so cute and adorable. That elephant and his/her flower and how you've coloured him/her in is so sweet. Love your home made stencil clouds and your attention to detail with the heart popped up onto foam and the grass at the bottom of it. Love it x

Pia S said...

What a cute new release! I love elephants, like owls I find them perfect for cards for both men and woman, of any ages. Love the effect of the heart and how it's incorporated in the landscape design, nice detail!

Sarah said...

Oh my what a scrummy lot of goodies!! Love your card, a brilliant design xx

cghundley said...

Cute design, love
the elephant being
popped up.
Carla from Utah

Lynn McAuley said...

What a cutie! I love your sweet elephant backed by your gorgeous cloudy sky!
Such a fun release from Whimsy Stamps, Vicki!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic!!! I already have an elephant stamp but it's not even close to being cute. He's precious! Love the way you sponged in the clouds and carried it over on the heart die too. Great card.
Lynn

Monika Reeck said...

oh that Elephant so so cuuutee
and you are lucky to have that adorable DIES Vicki
lucky Vicki girl hehe LOL
and that heart oh so sweet with that glossy accent..I adore your idea to cut the heart and that mini grass peak there too on the heart
perfect heart card my friend
I ADORE THIS

Chasing the Dream said...

Hi There, he is a cutie, love how you did the sky into the heart. So much fun to share in his love for that special one. Have a fab week. Awe so sweet and charming, beautiful design and fab coloring. Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.  
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Julie Curtis said...

You did such an awesome job on this card! I love how you added the grass to the bottom of the heart. It blended it so well and your coloring is perfect as always :) Hugz!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki this is awesome what a fantastic card design with the clouds and heart that image is a right little cutie I love him, lol, a smashing card
hugs
lorraine x

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my! This is seriously the sweetest Vicki! I Love that adorable elephant and your cloud background with he heart! Just amazing!

Patricia St Martin said...

So sweet... your card is so much fun and love the stamp and how you did the scene. Love the wonderful die cuts. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs PAT

madhvi shah said...

I am in love with the elephant

madhvi shah said...

I am in love with the elephant

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! So sweet Vicki!! I just love the elephant!! Such a darling scene!

Thanks so much for your encouragement and kind words on my blog. They are sincerely appreciated!!
hugs,
Chris

Davi said...

Vicki this is SOOO darling! I love the clever way you did the heart to match the scene!

alexandra s.m. said...

Such an adorable and exquisite card Vicki!
HUgs~

Crafty EllenH. said...

Hello Vicki,
and wouw I love your card!! I love that heart on the scene; it's an awesome idea :)

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful created creation Vicki, adorable style with lovely colours and a lot to look at....xx
 {aNNie}

Tammy said...

Awww this is adorable Vicki!! I love that sweet elephant and your fabulous heart design, your clouds look awesome!
Hugs, Tammy

Patti J said...

Sorry it took me so long to get here - have been traveling! This is darling, Vicki! Great job carrying the clouds over onto your heart. You are SO creative!!! Hugs...

Donna Ellis said...

Adorable, Jackie! Such a dear image, but more, I love your design! That heart superimposed on the background, yet blending with nature is very much a dear statement! Gorgeous card! hugs, de

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the cute image and great heart -love how you coloured the clouds
carol x

Donna said...

This is so adorable Vicki and love how you did the heart!

Rahmat said...

Super cute ellie, and the sponging of the clouds - just WOW.

Céline said...

another fantastic card!!!
hugs
céline

cm said...

Oh my gosh, Vicki! I want to pick up that wee ellie and give him hours of cuddles and hugs! Ultra sweet, especially in that heart-shaped, billowy clouds sky and green grass scene you've nestled him in. The little hearts and flower in his trunk...ack! Adorable!
Hugs~c

Teresa Doyle said...

Love this card since I first saw it on fb! Great card!

Deb said...

I love this card Vicki! I first saw it as a sneak peak and didn't know it was yours, I was fascinated by it, trying to work out how you created it! so gorgeous! hugs Debxx

Miriam Prantner said...

Adorable! Love the clouds and the cute elephant!

Asha said...

Oh this is super adorable, Vicki. And don't get me started on your crazy die-cutting skills! Excellent card, my friend. (sorry for being late to the party!)
hugs Asha

tiffelijah said...

My daughter will be head over hills for this one. What a cutie pie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...