"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Whimsy Stamps New Release Week - Day 2!

Hello friends!
Welcome to day 2 of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) New Release Week!

CLICK HERE to see Monday's Post (Sketched Elephants)

Today and every day this week I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that is being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps Store starting this Friday, March 11th!  So please join me here every day this week including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each new stamp set with some inspiration and of course special prize opportunities!


We continue today sharing the 4 new clear stamp sets and 2 new Shapeology Crafting Dies to complement the stamp sets designed by the newest artist/illustrator for Whimsy Stamps:  Nina-Marie Trapani!

Today's inspiration is using the new "Hand Lettered Encouragement" stamp set:
I thought this was such a pretty sentiment set!  I also love that it comes with a couple of botanical type images to accompany the wonderful words.
So what I decided to do with mine was to make my own background by clear embossing the randomly stamped images and then blending some green distress inks over them.  The clear embossing resists the ink and leaves the images showing through.  I added some extra water for splattering.  The sentiment was embossed in black over a die cut vellum circle.  At the top of the sentiment, I decided to stamp an extra image and fussy cut it out and popped it up over the gold foil card sock strip.  I've also added some gold thread to tie on a bow over the image.
I've also added a sentiment scroll going across the bottom of the card.

In this photo you can better see the embossing details as well as the gold shimmer that I've sprayed over top of the blended ink background panel.
It looks so very pretty in person and it's hard to capture all of the details in a photo, but I hope you like what I've done with this set!  The sentiments in this set are so lovely!


Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog to see a peek a the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs.  There will be chances to win prizes all week long as well!  Make sure you join with us today through Friday March 11th for all the new release festivities! - Here's one way to play along:
**Take this badge above and share it to any social media you use and then hop on over to the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog to let them know you did for a chance to win a prize!!!**

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


34 comments:

Mac Mable said...

This card is a stunner...The background blending is fabulous, the colours, the splats and the gold shimmer. Clever idea to use the vellum behind the sentiment and all set off beautifully with the fussy cut leaves. Stand out card for me x

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Vicki!! Love it!

Tammy said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I love your emboss resist background and gorgeous colors, fab sentiment too! Awesome new release!
Big hugs, Tammy

Julie Curtis said...

You have so many textures on your card and they all work so well together. Some people try but it never seems to work as well (me). I love the sentiment you used and putting it on velum made it subtle but strong. I love it! Hugz

Bad Kitty said...

love your card!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I am oohing and ahhing over this beautiful card of yours! Love how you heat embossed those stamps and then stamped and fuzzy cut that same stamp - super cool!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Lovely card!

Olga Jewell said...

Beautiful card!!

Patti said...

Awesome Vicki. I love your background!! and the gold just brings it all together - really really great card!

Patti

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous background Vicki..love the colours and the embossing with the gold trims..fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Ellis said...

ooooh! I think this is my favorite set! Love the sentiments, and the boldness of each - not to mention that your card really brings them to life! LOL gorgeous design, Jackie! hugs, de

Donna Ellis said...

Jackie, I spent quite a bit of time today searching for the stamp set featured on your blog today, but could not find it. Can you share the link? I even searched using the name of the set, and it does not show up. Thank you! hugs, de

Jerrie said...

OOH, this card is fantastic! Love your background and the beautiful colors you used. The embossing is great! It is such an eye catching card!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous Vicki I love the stamped sentiments also that wonderful background a truly delightful make
hugs
lorraine x

Sarah said...

What brilliant techniques Vicki and a really lovely card as a result. Love the sentiment stamp set now STOP showing me all this good stuff our Son's are both buying houses and Mummy needs to keep an eye on the purse strings!! xx

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! Love that branch!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and fabulous background
Carol x

Donna said...

Stunning card, like your background and the gold strips and that saying is fabulous!!

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with all of the shimmery ferns! The vellum sentiment panel looks wonderful and I love the colors!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Vicki and you are so right, the sentiment is wonderful and very inspiring!

Davi said...

Your background is beautiful Vicki!! I really like the sentiment and the way you used with vellum and then across the bottom! Beautiful card :)

Patti J said...

This is so pretty, Vicki! I love Whimsy products. Thanks for the never ending inspiration! Hugs...

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

OH, wow! So pretty! I love what you did here with the new stamp set! I absolutely love the shimmer! I think I may need to have this! The font and sentiment is so pretty!

Rahmat said...

Great card, i love the heat embossed sentiment, I like how you did the background, striking and simple, both at once.

cghundley said...

So pretty and
wonderful colors.
Carla from Utah

Céline said...

i totally love this card!!!!
hugs
céline

cm said...

Vicki, another breath-taken-away beauty! Colours, embossing, fussy-cutting...you've showcased these new images perfectly! Gorgeous...
Hugs~c

Teresa Doyle said...

Stunning card Vicki, love the gold, really makes it elegant!

Deb said...

Another amazing background, I love your creativity! so beautiful!
hugs Debxx

Monika Reeck said...

I really really love the embossing leaves and the fussy cut one is clever idea Vickie
Wonderfully made love love this Vicki
and the color green and yellow blended soo perfect...
now it is 00:49 should be alredy in bed hehehe
hugs
Monika

Pia S said...

Oh, wow, I so love this whole background and design! A very special design that I think goes beautifully with the theme of hope...

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love the vellum and also the contrast of the embossed and painted leaves.

Asha said...

So simple, so elegant and so LUSH!!! Super card, my friend!
hugs Asha

Patricia St Martin said...

Beautiful Vicki! Love the background and the embossing, looks fabulous!
Hugs Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...