"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Whimsy Stamps New Release Week - Day 3!

Hello friends!
Welcome to day 3 of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) New Release Week!

CLICK HERE to see Monday's Post (Sketched Elephants)
CLICK HERE to see Tuesday's Post (Hand Lettered Encouragement)

Today and every day this week I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that is being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps Store starting this Friday, March 11th!  So please join me here every day this week including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each new stamp set with some inspiration and of course special prize opportunities!


We continue today sharing the 4 new clear stamp sets and 2 new Shapeology Crafting Dies to complement the stamp sets designed by the newest artist/illustrator for Whimsy Stamps:  Nina-Marie Trapani!

Today's inspiration is using the new "Handmade From Me" stamp set & "Hand Stitched Rectangles" Shapeology craft dies set:
I am really loving this fun set with the versatile images!  I love the different sizes of hearts to add to your sentiments and also the fun "handmade by" sentiments that you can either add as a focal point for your design or even to add a signature line to the back of your cards...so that the recipient knows that you care enough to make something hand made!  :)

I decided to pull out my watercolor pallet (Kuretake Gansai Tambi) to make a fun "watercolor resist" background.  First I randomly stamped the little hearts from the set with VersaMark ink all over a piece of watercolor paper and then embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I used several different colors of watercolor to make a rainbow style background.  The embossed hearts resist the watercolor.  I kept the watercolor brush strokes light so that you can see the brush strokes in the design, but still be able to see the rainbow effect.  I've also used some black to make a few splatters in the background.

I then used the new "Hand Stitched Rectangles" die set to cut out my watercolor background and mounted it on an A2 sized card base.  For the sentiment, I stamped with black ink and then used one of the dies from this set to cut it out.  Obviously, you'll notice that these are rectangular dies, so what I did was line up my same die and die cut off the portion that I didn't need for my sentiment which made it square looking.  I also took an additional die to cut a strip of black card stock to put behind the sentiment panel.  Before I attached the sentiment to the black panel, I made a nest with some silver thread and popped it up with some foam tape.

Finished my card with a wood veneer heart underneath the sentiment and added a few silver sequins to go along with the silver thread in my design.


Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog to see a peek of the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs.  There will be chances to win prizes all week long as well!  Make sure you join with us today through Friday March 11th for all the new release festivities!- Here's one way to play along:
**Take this badge above and share it to any social media you use and then hop on over to the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog to let them know you did for a chance to win a prize!!!**

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More - Clean & Simple

The Paper Players - Rain or Shine (Hope mine counts as a rainbow and raining hearts!)

36 comments:

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Your card is absolutely stunning!!!!

Sarah said...

I definitely "heart" this one!! xx

Margreet said...

Just gorgeous Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Tracey said...

Gorgeous Vicki, I love that background :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Patti said...

You water color artist you!! this card is just plain FUN!! Beautiful coloring and your design is adorable : )

Patti

AJ Bodine said...


Gorgeous resist background and your water coloring is perfect! Really beautiful.

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! I love your beautiful watercolored background and all of the hearts!
Hugs, Tammy

Olga Jewell said...

Super cute, love the sentiment!

cm said...

Such a day-brightening, smile-making card, Vicki! Colourful, fresh, cheery and incredibly charming! Love this!
Hugs~c

Diane said...

Fabulous rainbow of colors Vicki, and wonderful hand stitched rectangles for your sweet sentiment.

Hugs Diane

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous card love the coloured water colour background
Carol x

Carol L said...

I'm loving all those bright colors that remind me of warmer weather and the wonky stitching on the rectangles makes me do flips! I love the hearts a plenty along with the few spatters too! Great card!

laurie said...

This is just awesome! I love that watercolor background, so vibrant and pretty. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

Jerrie said...

Just using sentiments is very hard for me. You have worked it wonderfully by the fantastic watercolored background! Love your embossed hearts to add to the background and the blact splatters. I love those stitchedrectangles.

Donna said...

Gorgeous background, and that saying is perfect for you and your blog!

Teresa Doyle said...

Such a pretty card.

cghundley said...

Lovely! Great
colors and cute
hearts!
Carla from Utah

Rahmat said...

Gorgeous background Vicki, love the rainbow colors here. Beautiful showcase.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is fantastic. I love the background.

Lynn McAuley said...

So bright and happy! I love this design, Vicki!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours on your creative card today I love the twirly bits on it as well...love it.xx
{aNNie}

Mac Mable said...

Fun background technique, loving the colours. Pretty embossed hearts and loving the sentiment.

Bad Kitty said...

Wonderful card!
love the backround!
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki

Chrissy said...

Love the embossed hearts and gorgeous colours in the background and with the sentiment and little wooden heart...gorgeous Vicki.

Luv CHRISSYxx

coldwaters2 said...

This is so pretty Vicki I love how you have blended the lovely colours together, the little hearts and the sentiment as the main focal point is FAB
hugs
lorraine x

Céline said...

totally love the look of this one ! so fab colors
hugs
céline

jimlynn said...

SOOOOO pretty! Love the graduated colors and the focus being on that sentiment. Outstanding.
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

I just love rainbows and with those hearts scattered around throughout the rainbow is gorgeous! What a happy card!

Deb said...

Absolutely gorgeous Vicki! I love your amazing coloured background and those stitched rectangle dies are fabulous! hugs Debxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Great job on the background, love the hearts and the sewing. Fun card.
Hugs Pat

Monika Reeck said...

oH i LOVEEEE that watercoloring rainbow background Vicki..
so beautiful and love that tiny heart so clever to stamp much as BG
and sweet sentiment with that stitched dies
great heart card Vicki
hugs
Monika

Pia S said...

This is the type of card I think is so you and you're great at it, mixing many colors and making your own background. I still haven't tried the resist technique, it's on my list of things to try...

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful resist! I love the rainbow in the background and the threads!

Jaydee said...

Love the rainbow - especially with that sentiment. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Asha said...

Super gorgeous!!! LOVE the blending of colours... great job, friend!
Hugs Asha

MiamiKel said...

WOW! This is a vision! I love the thought of having rainbow paper with a weathered sentiment - creative! The hearts are just darling and this card is SO cheerful - brilliantly done, Vicki!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...